Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen wore Queen Victoria's collet necklace for the evening dinner in Canada, but without the diamond drop; which is not a regular fixture for her to wear it without the drop. I think this is nice.

The Queen wore Queen Victoria's collet necklace for the evening dinner in Canada, but without the diamond drop; which is not a regular fixture for her to wear it without the drop. I think this is nice.

Sure, but it could also be yet another collet necklace from the royal vaults.

My favs in necklaces on Her Majesty are the Delhi Durbar necklace and the Godman necklace.I also like what the Nizam of Hyderabad have her as tiara and was broken up into smaller Rose brooches.Specatatcular.!
I luv all her tiaras but will have to select an imaginary few I especially would like to have myself.

My favorite is the Girls of Ireland and Great Britan tiara: substantial and regal and yet elegant and delicate! My least favorite: the ruby tiara: an un-imaginative wall of stones, a lot of bling-bling, but no elegance at all. The Queen should have kept the lovely Nizam of Hyderabat tiara instead.

My favourites are the Vladimir tiara both with pearl and emeralds and also the kokoshnik. I also like the Girl of GB and I both have become a bit tired of it as the Queens uses it so often compared to the others. I think generally she should use more of the tiaras in the collection not only the 6 or 7 she uses regular.

:previous:Exactly! E.g. I just can't understand why the beautiful oriental circlet of Queen Victoria isn't worn more often. And she owns a number of tiaras which she didn't wear once.

My favourites are the Vladimir tiara both with pearl and emeralds and also the kokoshnik. I also like the Girl of GB and I both have become a bit tired of it as the Queens uses it so often compared to the others. I think generally she should use more of the tiaras in the collection not only the 6 or 7 she uses regular.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the Girls of Great Britain--it is spectacular and I would probably want to wear it all the time--but it is time to wear other tiaras. I know that it is very lightweight and that it likely the reason why it is such a favorite, but she is used to tiaras. That aquamarine piece doesn't exactly look lightweight to my eyes.
I love the emerald version of the Vladimir tiara-especially when paired with the Godman necklace. If she were to wear some emerald drop cabochon earrings (Duchess of Cornwall most recently seen with them), well, I would smiling for days.
I personally am hoping to again see the Persian turquoise tiara of Princess Margarets (as well as the Teck circles necklace) again. Neither piece (or any piece of the turquoise parue) were in the Christie's auction. I doubt that Princess Margaret's children have use of multiple tiaras -- they have the Papyrus (worn by Serena on her wedding so it is sentimental piece) and the Snowdon floral tiara. I wonder if the turquoise and circles were to be returned back to the collection? I do hope so.

The Nizam tiara, Nizam of Hyderabad Parure - Necklace and Tiara | Das Geschenk des Nizams von Hyderabad and die Knigin von England , is a personal favorite of mine as well. But, I am not certain if it was broken up. Munn apparently stated that it was still intact when that glorious tiara book was published. Personally, it never made sense to me that that tiara would be broken up because the brooches remain intack and the setting looks pretty difficult to break up, at least to me. And, the necklace remains intact as well. I just don't see her breaking one up and leaving the other intact.

I hope you are right about the Nizam tiara being intact, but I couldn't find anything about it in Munn. He just mentions the tiara being a wedding gift and doesn't give any more details. And I can well believe that QEII kept the beautiful roses from the tiara as brooches and used the rest of the stones for a new tiara.

This was indeed broken up many years ago.

Hoo boy I can't pin it down. Some website on the display of the Queen's jewels.

LOL--I know I read somewhere that Munn had stated it was not dismantled, but I cannot pin down the source either. I'll ask some of the "joolies" I know who love the topic as well!

I am in total shock that HM is wearing black. I don't think that I have ever seen her wearing black except for "times of mourning" or visiting the Vatican.

I am in total shock that HM is wearing black. I don't think that I have ever seen her wearing black except for "times of mourning" or visiting the Vatican.

Can we have a clue please...? When.... Where....?

What a lovely gesture to wear this necklace during the Qatari royals' visit! I loved all the jewels HM wore - she looked impeccable! :flowers:

What a lovely gesture to wear this necklace during the Qatari royals' visit! I loved all the jewels HM wore - she looked impeccable! :flowers:

Quite right. The Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara also reappeared after many years, with the pearl drops. Would love to see this tiara out again with the Cambridge emeralds soon.

Thanks Muriel for info. I don´t like the necklace.

Detail the necklace
Brooch that QEII wore during welcoming ceremony at Windsor Castle
pic

I've seen a HQ picture of the necklace on the RJMB and it's beautiful. The pearls are all of different colors with diamonds. The press pictures don't do it justice. It was nice to see the Vladimir tiara with the pearl drops.:flowers:

YouTube - The Qatar State Banquet, Windsor Castle, October 2010

There's a few glimpses of the DOC with the Boucheron, the Princess Royal with the Meander, and the Countess of Wessex with her wedding tiara.
Best of all are the shots of HM reading the welcoming speech where the Vladimir with pearls and the Qatari necklace with its scattered sparkling diamonds are shown to very good effect.

Last edited:
ROFL....I love it when they all stand to make a toast and someone knocks their chair over.
HM looks as regal as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom