Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a report of this on television, it was a grander visit than usual, the presentor called it a sort of Queensday but in November. HM also visited a hospice, where people who are dying can go to if nobody can look after them at home. She stayed there 1 hour longer (!) than planned.

If she stayed an hour longer than that must say alot;) From the pictures that have been posted, it looked like a wonderful, fun visit. The queen looked like she has some great moments with the children

I saw a report of this on television, it was a grander visit than usual, the presentor called it a sort of Queensday but in November. HM also visited a hospice, where people who are dying can go to if nobody can look after them at home. She stayed there 1 hour longer (!) than planned.

I saw the report too.HM is very interested in palliative care (care for the terminally ill),it reminds her of the last days of Prince Claus and both her parents.HM is what we call here,ervaringsdeskundige/expert by experience,and as such can be of immense comfort to those in that situation.As I am sure she was during this visit,staying an hour longer then planned shows it all,HM is deeply moved and intensely human,she knows,she has been there too.

I have always thought that Beatrizx manages to exude a warm happy and contect feeling no matter where she is, and I think that comes out when she visits those less fortunate even more so.

It always seems to me that the Dutch royal family are very in touch with their subjects, although I might be a bit biased, but they certainly spend more time out and about than say the Belgian, Danish or Spanish Royal Families. They certainly have very busy schedules in any case.

ordinary people (like me will think whose that??:rolleyes:)

Muhammad Yunus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.........Muhammad Yunus was awarded the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize, along with Grameen Bank, for their efforts to create economic and social development.........

You're not ordinary susan alicia,we all know who he is,we all read this forum,right?It was here with tons of photo's,and before that,the photos when Yunus got the Four Freedoms Award handed out by Princess Máxima in Middelburg.Sure we all remember,being dedicated Royal watchers?..:winkiss:

Mr.Yunus had a meeting with Princess Máxima as well:
Het Koninklijk Huis

ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
well..... if I internet anymore than I already do I am sure to get fired :flowers:

what a fabulous smiley you posted, I suddenly discovered that there are more if you scroll to the right, thx lucien :curtsey:

You're not ordinary susan alicia,we all know who he is,we all read this forum,right?It was here with tons of photo's,and before that,the photos when Yunus got the Four Freedoms Award handed out by Princess Máxima in Middelburg.Sure we all remember,being dedicated Royal watchers?..:winkiss:

13-11-2007 The Hague Queen Beatrix and Yvonne Timmerman Buck attended the celebration of 175 year Kadaster ( Land Register) at the Ridderzaal in The Hague -- ppe gallery

13-11-2007 Amsterdam Queen Beatrix attended the 14th Balletgala of the Foundation Dansersfonds '79 in the Musictheater in Amsterdam. Daan van der Laar (11) -- ppe gallery

well..... if I internet anymore than I already do I am sure to get fired :flowers:

what a fabulous smiley you posted, I suddenly discovered that there are more if you scroll to the right, thx lucien :curtsey:

ah,your curtseying,lovely:popcorn:...

Did Leco actually meet HM? What on earth was he doing there? Nice to see Alexandra Radius though, she looks very good, as does HM. I wonder if Amalia will go to ballet dancing, it might be usefull (apart from fun), as (former) ballet dancers know how to walk etc. I am just seeing RTL boulevard, Alexandra Radius says that HM is very interested in ballet and has knowledge about it. Queen Juliana was a fan too. HM was a ballet dancer in her childhood too btw. :napoleon:

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix attended the 14th Balletgala of the Foundation Dansersfonds '79 in the Musictheater in Amsterdam ( anp pictures)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4

Did Leco actually meet HM? What on earth was he doing there? Nice to see Alexandra Radius though, she looks very good, as does HM. I wonder if Amalia will go to ballet dancing, it might be usefull (apart from fun), as (former) ballet dancers know how to walk etc. I am just seeing RTL boulevard, Alexandra Radius says that HM is very interested in ballet and has knowledge about it. Queen Juliana was a fan too. HM was a ballet dancer in her childhood too btw. :napoleon:

I bet he knows some dancers,maybe he does Alexandra's hair,but I am sure he didn't meet the Queen personally.The evening was dedicated to Joop v/d Ende,and ofcourse,he does the styling for a lot of Joops musical/entertainment stars.
Het Koninklijk Huis

I bet he knows some dancers,maybe he does Alexandra's hair,but I am sure he didn't meet the Queen personally.The evening was dedicated to Joop v/d Ende,and ofcourse,he does the styling for a lot of Joops musical/entertainment stars.:dizzy::photo:
Het Koninklijk Huis

nrc.nl - Binnenland - Koninklijk Jachtdepartement kost tonnen

upkeep of royal hunting, wich is needed for representative reasons, to entertain (foreign) guests costs the state about 600.000 euro a year

Your post is not complete and therefore giving a wrong idea on the whole thing,but then the press isn't exactly accurate either.

The sum mentioned is also for personnel of the Domains,the upkeep and all that is included with that.All in all it is nothing really.Hunt is a nescesity at the Domains as the wildlife there doesn't have "natural enemies" at all anymore,so if there wouldn't be a occasional hunt,there would be way to many animals,as is the case already with the boars.Instead of the normal 600,there are over 8000 of them,and starvation is lurking as there isn't enough food for the lot,staff has to extra feed them,costs money,as does the staff ofcourse,they don't work for nothing anymore you see.Besides that,due to the "warm" to mild winters of the past years,more and more game survive just due to that alone,they have to be taken care off as well,can't let them just starve,there would be an outcry on that too.

All in all,let people stick to things they really know about or hold their peace,press first.

Last edited:
Her Majesty and Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet will jointly celebrate their respective 70th and 65th birthday at the Royal Theater Carré,Amsterdam on friday february 1st with a matinée for family and friends.According to the RVD there is no intention to invite foreign Royals guests.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
And from Dutchnews:

Queen Beatrix unhappy about new book

Wednesday 21 November 2007
Queen Beatrix is unhappy about a new book on her ancestors Willem I, II and III. The authors make ‘very selective’ use of documents from royal archives which could result in a ‘less positive’ image of the main players, said the state information service.

Read the entire article here.

HM attended the 11th congress on HIV/AIDS at the RAI Congress Center,Amsterdam today.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

Tonight HM attends the gala premiere of the Spanish Riding School at Ahoy,Rotterdam.
De Spaanse Rijschool uit Wenen

Now that is good news, Mr. Seelmann Eggebert usually has nice documentaries indeed, I am looking forward to it.

On another note, where did Mrs. Clarkson hold her speech?

HM has bestowed the Grand Cross in the order of Orange-Nassau on Cardinal Simonis, minister Hirsch Ballin gave the decoration to the cardinal on saturday, during a farewell service of the cardinal in Utrecht. The retiring cardinal will visit HM tomorrow.

HM has arrived in Argentina where she will celebrate Christmas and New Year with Alexander & Máxima and their children as guests of Máxima's parents.

The whole family will stay at the country club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom