Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 11: October 2018 - July 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An open neckline would of been much more balanced. Plus I don't like those see thru skirts that make you look like your slip is showing.

LaRae
Agree. It would be perfect with an internal part same length as the external transparent part. This internal short underwear skirt does not suit to her body. Fabric is nice.

I love the dress, but I don't think it's right for Eugenie.
It makes her look top-heavy or something...not sure what it is, but it's a bit off.

It is a pretty dress, but does make her look top-heavy, and the cut-in armholes widen her shoulders which can make the head appear small.
Different neckline and armholes would give a more balanced effect.

Looks like she was prepared for a jog. Shout out to Canada, wearing a roots hoodie :canflag:

As for the other looks:

I don't like Eugenie's look, not just on her. Though it made her top heavy. The length was bad, and the shiny fabric made it look like she was in wrapping paper. The color was nice at least.

Bea's red dress I quite liked. I could have even liked the coat if it was a full coat, or even just a simple bolero, without the fringe.

Not a great color for her or style.

LaRae

I would not criticise Beatrice for this look. She is not dressed up to go out, probably just out for a run, or doing some chores locally.
I saw a whole strip of pictures on another board and you could tell the exact moment she realized she was being photographed, poor girl. She was on her own time and in comfy clothes and now she's all over the internet being criticized for not being "fashionable" by some. The fishbowl can be cruel.

Princess Eugenie's ensemble could EASILY have been worn by her Grandmother in the late 40's.

Stylistically it is [apart from the shoes] identical..

Both Princesses did look very lovely today,but I preferred Eugenie's outfit.

Love the colours of both outfits, unfortunately, Beatrice went a bit too far with the "fluff" on the sleeves.

Absolutely love Eugenie's outfit.

Love the headwear on both.

Not too crazy about the dresses on either. Is Beatrice wearing Erdem? It would be better in simpler lines, but not crazy about the pattern regardless.

I prefer Eugenie's dress; Beatrice's looks a bit too busy. I agree that she would look better in simpler lines.

I’ll give the edge to Beatrice —- her pulled back hairstyle and hat was very flattering on her

Eugenie looks beautiful though Beatrice looks very frumpy IMO. I can't even imagine HM wearing this dress. Erdem is very hit and miss to me.

Eugenies dressing has improved so much since her wedding.
I think she’s sticking to classical styles which suit her well. I did quite like her in today’s outfit.

Not a fan of Beatrice’s outfit, but it’s not bad either.

Eugenie's look is lovely and if it was a different color it'd be perfect for her.

Beatrice is on the verge of too fussy...but I love the color on her.

LaRae

Love the headwear on both.

Not too crazy about the dresses on either. Is Beatrice wearing Erdem? It would be better in simpler lines, but not crazy about the pattern regardless.

Eugenie looks beautiful though Beatrice looks very frumpy IMO. I can't even imagine HM wearing this dress. Erdem is very hit and miss to me.

It’s not Erdem, it’s by the Vampire's Wife.
Unfortunately, this busy, floral look is very trendy currently and everyone seems to be wearing this style:sad:.

Last edited:
Eugenie looks wonderful. Shockingly I even like her headpiece. :flowers:

Beatrice I like the idea of it. But the sleeves are too much. If it had simple sleeves and not the ruffles on bottom, it would be wonderful. Just too busy with all the detail and print.

But her hair looks lovely and again I like the headpiece for once.

I think if Beatrice's dress only had one tier of ruffles and a less busy belt/sash it would of looked so much better.

LaRae

I thought that The Duchess of Gloucester bested them in the style stakes.

The shape of Beatrice’s dress is extremely figure-flattering, and the colors are excellent with her coloring.

I would not criticise Beatrice for this look. She is not dressed up to go out, probably just out for a run, or doing some chores locally.

I like that she is wearing a Canada sweater! I wonder whether her father, who was at Lakefield school near Peterborough last week, brought it back for her:flowers::previous:

I like that she is wearing a Canada sweater! I wonder whether her father, who was at Lakefield school near Peterborough last week, brought it back for her:flowers::previous:

Bea spends a great deal of her year in NY and while Roots is Canadian, there is a roots store in NY. She likely bought it for herself at some point.

Both princesses knocked it out of the park. Bea looks the best in her floucy, ruffly, floral dress than anyone else I have seen so far on this site. She is wearing the dress rather than it wearing her, which usually happens when others try to wear that style.

Hope they both keep up the good fashion work.

I think Beatrice's outfit at the Garden Party was okay. Eugenie's outfit was ill-styled for her and the color made her look washed out, unfortunately.

Eugenie has such gorgeous coloring and a lovely personality. I'm glad she looked so wonderful on her wedding day. She should try to work more with Zac Posen. He created such a rockin' and beautiful gown for her wedding reception. ⭐

Eugenie needs to work with designers who can create youthful designs for her that enhance her curvy figure. Everyone, in all shapes and sizes can look good with the right styling, color, design, cut, detail, fabric, accessories. Both sisters can stand to find a good designer muse.

On second look, I would agree that Beatrice's ruffly sleeves went a tad too far for her outfit. But the color of the dress and the headpiece work well.

Looking again at what Eugenie is wearing, I think the styling of her dress is actually fine for her, except for the top, which viewed head-on doesn't appear well-fitted. It seems to be a pleated skirt actually with a separate top in matching shade. Or, perhaps it is a one-piece wrap around dress? It's the styling of the top part that's problematic IMO, because it doesn't match the stylish look of the pleated skirt. Plus, the clutch and the color and styling of the headgear with this outfit aren't coming together. Otherwise, the hat is pretty. Mostly though, it's the washed-out color of the two-piece ensemble/ wrap-around dress which takes away from Eugenie's lovely coloring. That's probably the biggest issue with her outfit overall.

The Duchess of Gloucester looks age-appropriate I suppose. But she also looks slightly dated with the white jacket over the flower-patterned dress. Her hat is pretty and goes well with the dress. I can't tell what kind of shoes she's wearing.

In the second picture, the shoes Eugenie is wearing look beautiful. And Beatrice's shoes are nice too. The Queen is always on point with her signature style. And Harry looks dapper and in his element these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom