Engagement of Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - November 16, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The BRF are very close to the GRF, but just not to Theodora, as she has been in the US for many years. So there will probably be a royal presence, just not a senior one. Hence, Edward & Sophie.
I think someone will attend, hopefully the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh - the late Queen was Theodora's godmother, so I think there will be representation from the BRF.

I think someone will attend, hopefully the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh - the late Queen was Theodora's godmother, so I think there will be representation from the BRF.
Maybe someone from the York branch but no one of note. I don’t see reigning houses apart from Denmark and Spain attending.

The BRF are very close to the GRF, but just not to Theodora, as she has been in the US for many years. So there will probably be a royal presence, just not a senior one. Hence, Edward & Sophie.
I don’t see them going because I don’t think them (Edward and Sophie) to be close her. It’s not a question of seniority or junior, but a matter of closeness. Other than her Danish and Greek family members and possibly Spanish family members, she’s not immersed in the royal and noble and high society crowd like her brothers. The only members of the Greek family who attended Edward’s wedding were Queen Anne-Marie and Prince Nikolaos, Theodora was 16 at the time. I don’t think any of the BRF will attend with the possible exception of maybe Lady Gabriella Windsor, but even that I’m not sure of.

I think that besides the Spanish Royal Family (Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina, Infanta Elena and maybe King Felipe and Queen Letizia) and the Royal Family of Denmark (Princess Benedikte and maybe King Frederik X and Prince Joachim), I see that some members of the Royal Family Swedish may be present as they are still close, such as Princess Madeleine, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel or Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia.

Wonder whether Tatiana will attend. She was her sister-in-law for 14 years after all.

The temperature in Athens on the day of the wedding is forecast at 90 degrees. 😱 Thankfully it will be in the evening.

I didn't expect to see Princess Beatrice at the weddings of Prince Phillipos of Greece, Prince Napoleon, Prince Amedeo of Belgium and of Prince Hussein of Jordan but she was, because of all the grandchildren of QEII Beatrice moves in the most cosmopolitan and Royal circles, along with the man she married.
I don't expect her in Athens this weekend but I won't be a bit surprised if she and Edoardo are there.😉

Back
Top Bottom