Princess Sofia & Prince Carl Philip expect a fourth child in February 2025

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
Their Royal Highnesses Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are delighted to announce that The Princess is expecting their fourth child.
Princess Sofia is feeling well, and the birth is expected to take place in February 2025. During the autumn, no changes in the public schedule of Princess Sofia are planned.

HQ photo

The family got together today, says Margareta Thorgren.
- The prince couple's children found out today that they are going to have a sibling and were of course very happy, she says.
Everyone else in the royal family is also informed of the happy news.

Last edited:
This is a surprise. I don’t think anyone was expecting them to have a fourth child. But it’s such lovely news.
I hope they have a healthy baby girl this time.
Congratulations to Carl Philip and Sofia and their families

Congratulations to the happy family!
Totally unexpected, I really thought that Julian was going to be the last child and grandchild.
I'm curious if the boy squad will continue or if they'll have a little princess this time

That took me really by surprise ! Even if Sofia is only 39, i thought they were finished with 3 children…

But what a lovely surprise ! And a 9:th grandchild for our King and Queen 🇸🇪 Silvia must be walking on clouds 😆

Now it will be interesting to see if they are going to have an ”all boys club” or if they will do like Prince Joachim and finish by having the first girl 😁

Last edited:
Wonderful and happy news. Congratultions to Carl Philip and Sofia. I think the happy parents to be would love a daughter. However I just have a feeling it will be another baby boy!

It's presumptuous of people to say they must want a daughter, no one knows what they want. It's unfair on the newborn, if it is a baby boy, to presume he would be a disappointment to his parents.

We are just expressing our opinions on this thread, together with congratulations, of course. There’s nothing presumptuous about that!

There's nothing presumptuous about wanting a girl or a boy, in fact, most parents have a preference, but that doesn't mean they won't love their child just because the baby wasn't the girl or boy they wanted. My husband wants a baby girl, but I'm sure he'll love his child even if its a boy. That said, I'm sure CP and Sofia will love their child regardless of gender. But having 3 boys already, why not have a girl now? That's the feeling most parents would have in their situation.

Wonderful news, I hope they welcome a little girl, she would be very spoiled with three older brothers !

Such lovely news for CP, Sofia, their children and their wider families.

Congratulations to Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia!
The happiest days are when a baby is born!

Congratulations to the family.

Congratulations to the couple and the family.

I honestly thought baby 3 was unplanned/surprise (King changing titles prior felt like maybe no more grandkids). But this one genuinely surprised me.

Be cute for a little girl to join the boys but have a feeling will likely be another boy.

I honestly thought baby 3 was unplanned/surprise (King changing titles prior felt like maybe no more grandkids). But this one genuinely surprised me.

The change in titles was the result of the decision that Prince Carl Philip's and Princess Madeleine's children would cease to be members of the Royal House and thus be expected to work for a living. I think that decision by the King was timed to get ahead of the parliament's inquiry on the size and funding of the Royal House, which already commenced in May 2018. The King's decision was announced in October 2019, Prince Julian was born in March 2021, and the parliamentary inquiry concluded in September 2021.

Back
Top Bottom