Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I see is that beautiful emeralds tiara, my favourite, the necklace does not shock me.

The Swarovski necklace didn't work for me and I'd really have loved to see Sofia wearing a different tiara.

Sofia is also wearing the floral earrings this evening.

I hope Prince Carl Phillip buys her a new tiara for her 40th birthday.
I'm tired of seeing her on the same tiara over and over again. Or perhaps, it's time Queen Silvia opens her vault and starts sharing.

I'm tired of seeing her on the same tiara over and over again. Or perhaps, it's time Queen Silvia opens her vault and starts sharing.

Queen Silvia has always been generous. I just think that Sofia really really likes this tiara. It suits her style.

Queen Silvia has always been generous. I just think that Sofia really really likes this tiara. It suits her style.

Silvia has been generous with the vault. In addition to her wedding tiara, Sofia has worn the 4 and 6 button tiaras, the Amethyst tiara and the smaller cut steel tiara. She has also worn the floral earrings at least twice.

What a waste to wear those gorgeous earrings but hide them in your hair.

Is Sofia not allowed to wear a different tiara from the family collection?

I can't believe that is true. She has worn the 4 button, the 6 button, the Amethyst and the smaller Cut Steel tiara. She wore these whilst her tiara was being reworked. My sense is that she is probably quite fond of her tiara, and just prefers to wear that, for now.

I can't believe that is true. She has worn the 4 button, the 6 button, the Amethyst and the smaller Cut Steel tiara. She wore these whilst her tiara was being reworked. My sense is that she is probably quite fond of her tiara, and just prefers to wear that, for now.

I really wish that Sofia would wear another tiara from time to time as she has over used her personal tiara.

It seems to me that Sofia has limited access to the vaults, bored seeing her in the same tiara now

I really wish that Sofia would wear another tiara from time to time as she has over used her personal tiara.

Agreed, I think the Four and Six button tiaras worked well for her.

I doubt that Sofia is restricted from wearing tiaras unless they are tiaras designated for the Queen or Crown Princess, plus there is a pecking order. I suspect that there is bureaucracy involved and perhaps Sofia would rather wear her own tiara rather than go through the hoops it takes to request a tiara from the vaults.

Sofia does wear brooches from the vault and seems interested in jewelry but perhaps after wearing the tiaras that she's worn, the novelty has worn off and as far as tiaras are concerned she is fine with her own tiara and is spending her energies fiddling with her own tiara and buying her own jewelry.

What tiaras has Sofia not worn that aren't tiaras designated for the Queen or Crown Princess? the Connaught? Princess Margaretha's Aquamarine Kokoshnik, assuming that the owner approves?

It would be great to see Sofia wear some necklaces from time to time. She has worn the multi-strand pearl choker, but it would be good to see some her branch out a bit.

Sofia has definitely branched out with the Swarovski necklaces Muriel! I like them, though a bit doubtful they go with the diamonds of the brooch and tiara.

Sofia has definitely branched out with the Swarovski necklaces Muriel! I like them, though a bit doubtful they go with the diamonds of the brooch and tiara.

IMO, the necklaces are fine per se, just not with all the other real stuff.

Sofia wore her palmette tiara with pearls:
Sofia

Last edited:
The pearls look lovely in the tiara and the earrings too look lovely paired with the tiara.

Agreed, the changes have been quite a success. Of all the recent additions to royal tiara collections this is one of the most succesful ones. The versatility of it makes it such a clever buy!

I can certainly understand the complaints about seeing her in the same tiara over and over again. That said, I love the palmette tiara and I especially love the versatility. I think we've seen it so far with pearls, emerald, diamond, citrine, topaz, and turquoise stones. I really hope she continues to add to the collection so we can see it with amethyst, garnet, ruby, sapphire, tourmaline, onyx, and peridot. I don't recall another such versatile tiara but I can certainly see that it continues to serve her well and she's obviously very comfortable in it.

I honestly think Sofia just loves the Palmette tiara. It definitely suits her style and personal taste. The versatility and ease of wearing are definitely perks. I do hope she ventures out occasionally though. I still long to see her in the Aqua Kokoshnik.

I can’t imagine that she would not be allowed to borrow another tiara from the family foundations… She regularly borrows very old earrings and brooches from the Bernadotte-collection so i don’t think that’s the issue…

She probably just likes her wedding tiara very much and prefers to experiment with it rather than wear different pieces…

According to Trond Noren Isaksen, Sofia's "tiara was in fact a gift to Queen Silvia from a very wealthy Swedish businessman, who is so discreet that you hardly get any results if you google his name. He bought the stones in Thailand and designed the tiara himself. Queen Silvia never wore it in public before she and King Carl Gustaf presented it to Sofia when she married Prince Carl Philip in June 2015."

IG: Trond Noren Isaksen

I don't remember where the story of it being from a Thai prince came from but it was pretty wide spread. This story makes more sense really.

Back
Top Bottom