Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose she's happy with it because even though she knows its ugly she has comforted herself with the thought of the other jewels she may get to wear and figures it is a small price to pay. I find it hard to believe she loves that ring, she seems so chic, so elegant--but like Glittering Tiaras said, Marie is the one marrying Joachim--I wonder what he will "design" for her gift when she has their first child????

the ring is pretty.. it's quite unconventional compared to the American palate.. I guess she might do the wedding band on the other hand..

It's not a bad ring, just not what I would imagine as a good engagement ring. As long as she likes it, that's all that matters. Still, I'm not really a fan of it by any means.

i like the ring, is out of the regular ones. i just love it. Now i can not wait for see her tiara.

I don’t like it, was it Marie that chose it. As to her Tiara there is a nice one on the Garades site. How much did the spend on Mary’s Tiara- is Marie expecting something the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the pressconference about the engagement, it was Joachim who chose the ring. About the tiara - so far I don't think anybody knows what is going to be spend on that yet, or how the design is going to be. What Marie is expecting - only she knows.

I like her engagement ring. It's very unconventional but I think that is mostly what I like about it. I will grant that the way the ruby and diamond are set on the band is not great, though. The gold band itself is a little awkward looking. But I still like it for some odd reason! But sometimes I tend to like "ugly" things. It's kind of "ugly pretty" if that makes any sense. :D (Didn't think so, yeah, it hardly makes sense to me.)
I don't agree that it should be "left to the professionals." I mean, an engagement ring should be a personal thing. The couple should be involved personally in picking it out. it means more this way. Even if the couple's tastes are "ugly," at least it is their thing, and not some cookie cutter choice.
Even for a royal engagement.... It's Prince Joachim, second son. He won't be King; she won't be Queen. So they can afford to be a little quirky. ;) (Within bounds of course). :D

Last edited:
Does anyone know the sizes of the stones?

{quoted material deleted for consistency - Elspeth}

They have to be at least two carats each!

I have not paid attention to this ring til now and I think as a dress ring it is lovely BUT as an engagement ring it is IMO not appropiate. It does say a lot about this relationship. As I have said in the past he was lucky to woo her and ever a girl fickle enough to think marrying into royalty was a walk in the park would have to be diappointed in this "gesture". My opinion of this fellow has not charged.

I think this has to be one of the worst engagement rings I've seen in a long time! It's should be in the "worst jewels" thread imo. But bless her heart for loving that guy anyways! I hope her future jewelry is much classier and prettier.

I think the ring is a nice one. Marie looks wonderful no matter what. She seems so happy.

i was wondering with the unusual engagement ring of Marie what will the wedding ring be like -plain gold band or one like Mary's of a diamond eternity style ring??

I think this has to be one of the worst engagement rings I've seen in a long time! It's should be in the "worst jewels" thread imo. But bless her heart for loving that guy anyways! I hope her future jewelry is much classier and prettier.

:lol: It is pretty atrocious isn't it?! I think everytime I look at these pictures of it, it becomes more ghastly, but still I like it for some crazy reason.

Though I might agree with bertie that it would be better as a dress ring than engagement ring.... Whatever a "dress ring" is.... :huh:

:lol: It is pretty atrocious isn't it?! I think everytime I look at these pictures of it, it becomes more ghastly, but still I like it for some crazy reason.

But I saw pictures of her and Joachim in Paris, from a recent number of Billedbladet, and it looked very good on her hand - from a distance. Unlike a lot of the other engagement rings (Camilla's excepted) which might disappear a bit from a distance, Marie's looked really pretty and the rocks seemed more dominant than the gold. :flowers:

What really erks me about it is the band, it has a design on it that looks bad. I'm not sure how it would look with a plain gold band though. I think maybe just a thin gold band with those two stones on it would make it 60% better. I was hoping maybe she would get a eternity band like Princess Letizia's but with either diamond and rubies or diamond and sapphires and if he REALLY wanted to incorporate the colors of the flags then maybe putting the rubies, diamonds and sapphires all around, but I would think that is too much. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist at heart....:wub:

I guess it must be tradition for a Danish Prince to give his fiancee an engagment ring that has the colors of the Danish flag (rubies and diamonds)? Alexandra's....Mary's....and now Marie's....though hers has a sapphire in it too. Anybody know?

It's the national colours of France used in the flag since the revolution. Marie is french...

:flowers:

The band is far too thick. Plus, there's too many colours going on for such a small item (like a ring). It looks a bit like a cocktail ring, or other piece of costume jewellery. IMO she should wear the Gold Flower parure of Q Margarethe for her wedding; it'd go great with the ring. ;-)

I'd like to see Marie wear the Khedive of Egypt tiara that other royal brides (Princess Anne-Marie, Princess Alexandra of Berleburg and Princess Alexis). It would be a loan from the Queen Anne-Marie but it is such a pretty tiara and would look lovely on Marie.

I thought it was tradition for brides from the Danish royal family to wear it on their wedding day, rather than brides marrying into the royal family.

That is true. Marie will not have the honor wearing the Khedive of Egypt tiara.

The Reigning couple will most likely buy her a tiara or find something already in the family that is rarely worn; futhermore, if the tiara is bought I have a feeling it will be somewhat small and delicate similar to Mary's and Alexandra's.

I wouldn't put it beyond Joachim buying an unconventional tiara!

The band is far too thick. Plus, there's too many colours going on for such a small item (like a ring). It looks a bit like a cocktail ring, or other piece of costume jewellery. IMO she should wear the Gold Flower parure of Q Margarethe for her wedding; it'd go great with the ring. ;-)
I like her ring. It is unique and different. She is going to be compared to Alexandra, so why not have an engagement ring completely different.

One word come to mind. Hideous!

I like this kind of ring, too. Not to see every day .....:eek:

Well the only thing I can say about the ring-----------its interesting.

I don't really like the band of the ring - it's too big. If it were thinner, it would be perfect IMO
I agree JezzRulz, the band of the ring is too big. Marie doesn't have such big hands and fingers. If it were thinner, it sure would be perfect. I sort of like the fact it has the colours of the French flag, a very sweet gesture from Joachim IMO.

I can't believe the ring is still being discussed! Does she have any other jewelry yet? Don't get me wrong--I introduce the ring to the Worst Royal Jewels thread and I'm thrilled to see its ugliness is still being discussed. it's an interesting ring, but the band is too busy, the stones don't really have any harmony together---I don't know, I would've put it on slimmer band, put the big oval diamond in the middle and had either rubies or sapphires on the side. With the band all fillagreed like it is it reminds me of a mother's ring ( a ring you give a mother that has the birthstones of each child on it)

It looks tacky and fake, which is a real shame given it's anything but. Such a deplorable design and hardly suitable as an engagement ring, imo.

The man looks good in a suit yet can't pick a ring for crumpets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom