Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong, sgl, but I was under the impression that the thick band with the three stones was indeed, her engagement ring and not her wedding band. I believe that her wedding band was the slim gold band that she is wearing with the new ring in question.

Correct me if I am wrong, sgl, but I was under the impression that the thick band with the three stones was indeed, her engagement ring and not her wedding band. I believe that her wedding band was the slim gold band that she is wearing with the new ring in question.

You're correct. The ring with the three stones is her engagement ring. Her wedding band is a plain gold ring.

She also wore a very nice bracelet with a small cross yesterday.I would like to see a close-up of that bracelet.

She also wore a very nice bracelet with a small cross yesterday.I would like to see a close-up of that bracelet.

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/marie/mariextening.jpg

The aquamarine ring she wears on her right hand is a gift from her father-in-law, Prince Henrik.

As far as the sapphire with two diamonds on the side, Princess Marie has has this ring for quite some time. I'm not sure how far back - whether she had it during her engagement period or not.

Shes wearing thay sapphire and diamond ring on her wedding finger? Thats not Marie's engagement ring is it?
The bracelets beautiful. :flowers:

No, her engagement ring is a thick gold band with three stones in the center: one sapphire, one diamond, and one ruby.

Thank you,Ayvee!I'm sorry,I couldn't open Salma's link.
It seems to me that the aquamarine ring is much more beautiful & modern than the sapphire one!Great choice for a gift indeed!

I must say, Joachim is a generous fellow indeed! Both his ex, and his wife enjoy a variety of jewels. Alexandra received quite a few good pieces from him, almost up untill the end.

I believe that the aquamarine ring was a gift from her father-in-law, Henrik. Not Joachim, auntie. Nevertheless, Joachim does seem to be very generous, indeed. :)

It is, udyusa. Here's an article that talks about it:
Billed-Bladet - Maries smukke ring - prinsgemalens flotte gave

It's in Danish, but it says that Prince Henrik gave it to her right after the birth of the baby. It is an aquamarine. It doesn't say anything about the size or setting, unfortunately. It just says that Marie's finger shone with the new ring during the christening.

Thank you, sgl, for clearing that up for me.... Also for the translation! :) The pictures of both the ring and bracelet are lovely. It is certainly a beautiful gift from her father-in-law.

:previous:
We know how sensitive Prince Henrik can be so perhaps he was extra-generous to Marie because the new Prince carries his name! :D
More seriously, the gift-giving of minor or major pieces of jewellery appears to be a tradition within many royal families. Gifts when a pregnancy is announcedt, gifts for a successful birth, gifts for the christening; then there's birthdays, anniversaries, Christmases...

Thank you, Warren. I suspect you are correct re: Prince Henrik. :)
And may I just say that it is a lovely tradition within royal families and one which must be appreciated by the recipient of such beauty!

Jewels are the best possible investment of one's money after all.

Do we know where the bracelet came from? It looks like the cross might also be aquamarines, but the bracelet looks like diamonds.

I was wondering if there are more pics of the opening of the Parliament.I'm curious to see Marie's jewels.Except for the small gold daisies/earrings,I couldn't see anything else.

BB has a picture gallery of maries different jewls and they say that she keeps it simple and safe
Gallery

I love the aquamarine ring, it looks great on P Marie's finger, and to celebrate a joyous occasion for her son makes it all the sweeter.

Nice gallery!The aquamarine ring is gorgeous indeed.From her earrings I prefer the longer ones.They were all really impressive!

I don't understand why she has not worn her wedding earrings again. They were a gift I read, but maybe they were just borrowed.

I don't understand why she has not worn her wedding earrings again. They were a gift I read, but maybe they were just borrowed.

From The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News
Miss Marie Cavallier wears a pair of diamond earrings from Genève.

It was never stated that they were a gift! But you're right...it is odd that she has not worn them since her wedding.

I hope to see them at the New Year's gala on January 1, 2010.

A lovely new diamond and sapphire pendant!

But more importantly, what I want to know is where are her wedding earrings? It is 20 months since she has worn them!!!! Such gorgeous earrings and she hasn't worn them publicly since! So strange!!!

A lovely new diamond and sapphire pendant!

It's actually a diamond and sapphire brooch who once belonged to Quen Alexandrine and was inherited by Queen Margrethe.

interesting - a new necklace and what looks to be new earrings as well

The earrings are not new. She first worn them to the gala dinner to celebrate Prince Henrik's 75th birthday in June 2009; In Honk Kong during an official tour in Nov 2009 and to the COP15 gala dinner in Dec 2009.

Princess Marie wore her wedding tiara, small floral diamond earrings and a diamond brooch at a Court Ball at Christiansborg on January 27th:flowers: No family order brooch as yet for Marie!
Picture details

Marie!! Wear your wedding earrings next time! Its been almost 2 years since we've seen them!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom