Princess Margrethe of Denmark (1895-1992)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
In the last week I have studied the pedigree of the Bourbon-Parma-family. And there I have learned that Prince Rene of Bourbon-Parma was married to a Danish Princess, Margaret. They have a daughter, the late Queen Anne-Marie of Romania. At the english article of wikipedia there is said that Marguerite (so her name after her marriage) and Rene had also three sons. Are there any information about her three sons?

Maison de Bourbon-Parme

It's the genealogy of the Bourbon-Parma family (but it's in French!)
Prince René and his wife had 3 sons:

- Jacques, born in 1922, married to Brigitte von Holstein-Ledreborg : 3 children.

-Michel, born in 1926, married to Yolande de Broglie-Revel.(now separated).5 children.

-André, born in 1928, married to Marina Gacry.3 children.

I read that Princess Margethe passed away in Copenhagen, Denmark. Is this true?

I read that Princess Margethe passed away in Copenhagen, Denmark. Is this true?
It could very well be… Parts of her family lived in Denmark and probably still does…

Interestingly she is still the longest lived ”titled” member of the danish royal house, passing away one day after she turned 97 (unfortunately on the 69:th birthday of her daughter Queen Anne of Romania)

:previous: They definitely do. Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma who is married to archduchess Gabriela of Austria is their great-grandson (René - Michel - Erik - Henri) and was born and raised in Denmark.

Henri's father prince Erik, who married a Danish countess (Lydia of Holstein-Ledreborg; daughter of princess Marie Gabrielle of Luxembourg) passed away 3 years ago in Kopenhagen. Henri and three out of his four siblings were born in Roskilde - and his eldest sisters married in Ledreborg Castle, as did their parents.

I am glad there is a thread about her.
Princess Margrete attended the Wedding of Princess Astrid of Sweden and Prince Leopold of the Belgians
Prince René died in 1962 in Herrerup in Danemark. Princess Margrethe survived her husband 30 years and died in Brodrehoy in suppose in Denmark too.
The Bourbon Parme family did not attend the Wedding of their only daughter Anne with King Michel of Roumania in Greece.
I don't know how was the relationship she had with the Romanian Royal family and what whe was thinking when her Son Michel started dating Princess Maria Pia of Savoie.

The Bourbon Parme family did not attend the Wedding of their only daughter Anne with King Michel of Roumania in Greece.
Anne's parents were forbidden to attend their daughter's wedding by the Duke of Parma because the marriage wasn't sanctioned by the Pope. The couple's two mothers visited the Vatican to beg for a papal dispensation when Princess Margrethe famously pounded her fist in the Pope's desk in frustration when the dispensation was refused.

Back
Top Bottom