Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 8: November 2017 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its worse without the coat ,the hair piece and hairstyle are the best part of her outfit.

So fun to see so many different opinions about Madeline's outfit. Now that I just see the dress I realize that the hair and the terrible hat is what bothers me the most she reminds me of when I Love Lucy would put her hair up with a rag to do her cleaning

Again not her best choice, the dress is certainly not memorably, and yet her manner, and the way with which she carries herself make her look incredibly regal and sophisticated

Djurens rätt (Animal Rights Sweden) at their Instagram:
"On Friday, Prince Gabriel was baptized and Princess Madeleine came in a coat made of Persian lamb. Persian is curly fur from newborn karakul lambs - the fur is taken from lamb slaughtered 3-6 days old.
All royals are role models and have a special responsibility. Dressing in fur is unethical and we hope we don't need to see it again. Princess Madeleine, take part and take responsibility for a pet-friendly world!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcPxTgagGmS/?taken-by=djurensratt

Margareta Thorgren commented to Expressen:
- It is true that princess Madeleine had a lamb coat and it was made of older lamb. What I can say in general about lambskin is that it is something that many both wear and have in their homes and they are considered to be sustainable products. Besides that, I have nothing more to comment on.
Prinsessan Madeleine bar lammpäls under dopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

I too found the dress awful. One of her worst looks.

She looks like a bag lady! I have never, ever. seen Madeleine wear such an ugly mishmash of ill-fitting clothing with a hairstyle resembling someone pulled through a hedge backwards.

The pieces are OK separately. They're a clash of textures together; the collar and uneven hem of the dress are distracting. I don't mind a loose updo but her hair looked messy with the headpiece, which is sweet to echo the design her mother and sister wore.

Agree with Baron Brockdorf that the dress is certainly not memorably. Its a lovely maternity dress with perfect waistline for a pregnant woman and something that doesn't look like some voluminous tent...but you see it, you forget about it.
And truth to be told I'm getting tired of seeing her in pastels and this kind of collars and always covered to her neck. This collar is great but it should have been attached to a brighter monotone dress. I definitely hope she will wear something brighter/jewel-tone to the Nobels! And something that would allow her to wear a necklace. Or is it too much to expect now that she's what 6 or 7 months pregnant to wear v-neck gown?

Djurens rätt (Animal Rights Sweden) at their Instagram:
"On Friday, Prince Gabriel was baptized and Princess Madeleine came in a coat made of Persian lamb. Persian is curly fur from newborn karakul lambs - the fur is taken from lamb slaughtered 3-6 days old.
All royals are role models and have a special responsibility. Dressing in fur is unethical and we hope we don't need to see it again. Princess Madeleine, take part and take responsibility for a pet-friendly world!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcPxTgagGmS/?taken-by=djurensratt

Margareta Thorgren commented to Expressen:
- It is true that princess Madeleine had a lamb coat and it was made of older lamb. What I can say in general about lambskin is that it is something that many both wear and have in their homes and they are considered to be sustainable products. Besides that, I have nothing more to comment on.
Prinsessan Madeleine bar lammpäls under dopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

How can somebody in their right mind wear something like that nowadays as a fashion statement?
How about thinking first and then spending on expensive labels?

My cousin is strong animal rights activist, a vegan and wears nothing made of animal/natural fibre. So I am pretty familiar with the saying "How can somebody in their right mind wear leather shoes, animal fur, sleep on the pillow made of goose feathers and eat meat?? You know: Animals suffer and it is so cruel!!!". Not that I wear fur but I have a lambskin at my home (which was a present from my friend who raise sheeps. He says as the sheeps/lambs are raised for wool and food, then using lambskin is not like its the indiscriminate killing of animals. Okay, I guess vegans don't agree with that) but I am always pretty much like this :bang: :eek: during one of my cousin's lecturers.
I have a feeling that lots of people do not know origins of materials...not how the silk is harvested, where the wool comes from, nor how some animal farms treat their animals. When someone is buying fashion, they are not going into Valentino, Dior, Prada, Hermes and asking, "Where did this come from?". It's like when somebody goes and buys a diamond. They're not asking what mine it came from either. Yet we all seem to admire those glittering diamond tiaras, earrings, necklaces. Perhaps we should ask what we wear and how it was obtained more often and stopped being naive consumers? But to be honest if I started to worry about everything, then I'd be a lunatic soon.
Regarding Madeleine and her coat: quite honestly I didn't also first realize that it was a fur coat, it looked more like a velvet. But nothing stays a secret and its a lesson to be learned. And I think her haters dislike her anyway, it just another reason to dislike her even more because obviously she can never get anything right, especially compared to her-always-perfect sister who would never wear something like this :p

Last edited:
Finally she wears something that is more low cut and that allows her to wear this gorgeous amethyst necklace. Overall she looks very lovely. So happy to see her with the Josephine's Amethyst tiara again, this time with her hair in an updo.

She really looks good - would like to see a total fron picture - but what I see - I do like :flowers:

From the pictures it looks like the neckline is too low, revealing a little too much to my taste. She could have worn the amethyst necklace even if the neckline was at least five centimeter higher. The colour is fine, but the upper part is just too much of everything. I don't particularly like the amethyst tiara, it's just too wide and flat. I would say one of her worst looks ever. She still looks as beautiful as ever!

very well put together as usual imo, purple suits her

Last edited:
The dress is ok, but Madeleine is extremely boring with all these dresses of grey, rosa and pastels. She could try some other, more strong colour for a change.

The dress is lovely. The soft color is lovely on her and I like the design. Happy to see the amethyst jewels on her again :flowers:

I don't mind she is in rose again. Most royals seem to favor certain colors.

The gown is beautiful. Wonderful colors and details. This is one of her best gowns she's worn.

Princess Madeleine looks simply stunning tonight at the Nobel Ceremony,what a great hairstyle too and the tiara is also fits perfect.

Madeleine gets my best dressed Princess tonight .

The amethysts are gorgeous. Love the whole look - she is stunning!

She is almost always the best dressed Swedish Royal. The jewelry set (parue?) is just gorgeous. I think my favorite on her are the sapphires but this is almost as good!

LaRae

The dress goes absolutely perfectly with the jewels, isn’t that the point?

I love this look on Madeleine. She looks stunning and the color is gorgeous on her. Plus, it just makes those amethysts and diamonds POP!

For me, this gown is a miss. I don’t like the fit, nor the work. The sparkly pink/purple bits don’t go well with the rest of the dress.
Irrespective she looks lovely.
I would’ve also preferred another tiara on this dress, the amethysts took away everything from the dress. Jewels should compliment not distract.

She looks great, love this color on her. That tiara isn't bad either!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom