Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Victoria is known to be friends with Princess Märtha Louise, isn't she? I wonder why Prince Carl Philip and his wife will be attending while Princess Madeleine and her husband will not.
I sincerely hope that the CPS couple have also made it clear that they will not be pictured or appear for ANY publication or network during the wedding etc , following in the path of the Norwegian royal family .

Crown Princess Victoria is known to be friends with Princess Märtha Louise, isn't she? I wonder why Prince Carl Philip and his wife will be attending while Princess Madeleine and her husband will not.

Victoria and Märtha Louise were close friends when they were young. Now Victoria and Daniel are very close to Haakon and Mette-Marit. Märtha Louise and Ari were invited to Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding and to Madeleine and Chris' wedding. According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine and Chris were also invited to the wedding, but decided not to attend. Maybe they have another event planned with their friends or they don't like that this wedding is so commercial.

Durek has had his bachelor party today. According to Se og Hør, Durek has taken several of the guests on a boat trip in the sunshine to Fredrikstad, but it seems that the climate is somewhat colder in Norway than the American guests are used to.
The pre wedding parties look like a lot of activity, sightseeing and fun, which is nice for the guests. But that again makes me wonder how Durek who is according to his own words on a waiting list for a new kidney can manage. With all the action and partying he sure cannot be on dialysis. I wish him good health and enjoyment during his wedding but I am suspicious if this kidney story is really true. From all I've read about him he is not really trustworthy.

Here is the liturgy, as required for all Church of Norway weddings, in various languages and formats.

Click on the "Vigsel" folder.

A direct link to the English version:

I suspect that this Norwegian royal wedding in Norway will be conducted in English.

I like that Norwegian media do not hesitate to point out when foreign "royals" are actually from republics, as they also did with the "Crown Prince of Greece" in 2006. (But I express no judgment about the Nigerian-American couple, since I am not familiar with the situation in Nigeria and some republics, unlike Greece, do permit their former ruling families to retain some form of title or status.)

Se og Hør tells that a message from Märtha Louise and Durek went out yesterday to the invitees, in which they firmly ask them not to share anything on social media. Se og Hør has seen an email: “Please remember that mobile phones or cameras aren't allowed at any of the events throughout the weekend. In addition, we ask that you do not post anything on social media. We appreciate your following this so that everyone has a great experience. It is very important that everyone follows these guidelines, so please take them seriously".
It can become problematic for some of the guests. Many of them have thousands of followers on their social media, and make a good living sharing their lives.
- The reason for the "photo ban" is probably because they sold the exclusive photo rights to Hello! and Netflix. If there are too many "leaks" of photos, the sum the couple will receive will probably be reduced, says a source.

A little after 17.00, Märtha Louise and Durek arrived in Gardermoen. Märtha Louise drove a Volvo.
Shortly afterwards, the couple was observed in the VIP area by VG's team.
Shortly after 19.00 they landed at Vigra Airport in Ålesund. They arrived together with Leah Isadora Behn.
Welcome to Ålesund!
- Thank you very much! says Durek to VG.
Are you ready for the wedding?
- Yes, absolutely, answers Märtha.

Hello! Magazine uses the princess title extensively in articles about the wedding.
"Princess Martha", it says in large letters on the cover of the British magazine Hello!.
The magazine has titled Märtha Louise as princess 47 times in the last week and a half. This is shown by a count carried out by VG. And the articles are marked with the tag "Princess Martha Louise".
Both historian Trond Norén Isaksen and TV 2's royal house expert Ole-Jørgen Schulsrud-Hansen say that this is a serious problem for the royal family. Isaksen says that the wedding has been bought and paid for. Hello! sits with the director. This makes it a media production and commercial activity. And all the cases written there this week can be considered promotion.

Experts about how much Märtha Louise and Durek get paid from Hello!
Se og Hør's editor-in-chief, Ulf Andre Andersen, has information that says Hello! Magazine pays NOK over a million for exclusive rights to the wedding.
- The price that they demanded was far higher. They had probably envisioned several million kroner. But from what I know, the sum ended up far below. For a time, the sum must have been 100,000 pounds, i.e. NOK 1.4 million. But this must have been too much for the magazine, and they must have finally agreed on around 75,000 pounds (around NOK one million).
Editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning and royal house expert Johan T. Lindwall:
- I have heard that they get NOK one million, somewhere between 75,000 and 100,000 British pounds.

The police chief in Møre and Romsdal has decided that the police will be armed during the celebrations in Ålesund and Geiranger. The police emphasize that they are not aware of concrete threats against the event or guests.
- Arming is a security measure to prevent and ensure a quick and effective response from the police should it become necessary. It is a purely preventive measure to create safety as we expect that a lot of people can gather in both Ålesund and Geirange, says Chief of Staff Kenneth Sætre.

Last edited:
Last edited:
On Wednesday, the Norwegian media reported that preparations for the wedding have started in full swing in Geiranger. Among other things, they published photos of the tent in which the couple will be married at Vinjevollen being set up.
On Thursday morning, Dagbladet's reporter can report that the tent is gone. So far, it is not known why.
Simon Valvik, communications manager for the wedding, about the tent being gone:
- It was planned and there was no drama in it.
Valvik does not want to comment on why it was planned to remove the tent again.

- As far as I know, no members of the Belgian royal family will participate in the wedding, writes Deputy Director for Media and Communications Lore Vandoorne at the Belgian Royal House in an email to NTB.

Durek's mother and sister complain to The Norwegian Press Complaints Commission about an article in VG.

- We are so excited that we can't wait. It's going to be so much fun, says Maggie Alava to TV 2.
She says that she will also be a bridesmaid. They have traveled from the USA, and are among other things impressed by the Norwegian nature.
Märtha Louise's eldest daughter, Maud Angelica Behn, also showed up in Ålesund with friends.
Durek's sister Angelina Verrett landed too. The guests were transported from the airport by bus.

Se og Hør tells that a message from Märtha Louise and Durek went out yesterday to the invitees, in which they firmly ask them not to share anything on social media. Se og Hør has seen an email: “Please remember that mobile phones or cameras aren't allowed at any of the events throughout the weekend. In addition, we ask that you do not post anything on social media. We appreciate your following this so that everyone has a great experience. It is very important that everyone follows these guidelines, so please take them seriously".
It can become problematic for some of the guests. Many of them have thousands of followers on their social media, and make a good living sharing their lives.
- The reason for the "photo ban" is probably because they sold the exclusive photo rights to Hello! and Netflix. If there are too many "leaks" of photos, the sum the couple will receive will probably be reduced, says a source.

So some of the guests are upset that the couple have an exclusive deal to make money from the wedding because it will prevent the guests from making money from the couple's wedding.

Princess Astrid has arrived in Ålesund, and it seems that she has all her children with her, Se og Hør writes.
When she arrived at the hotel, she was asked if it will be nice to celebrate love, she replied:
- It will surely be nice!
Lots of other guests arrived with the same plane.

Durek was seen walking in Ålesund today and posing for selfies. He bought new sunglasses.
Journalists asked him about details of the celebration and what he will wear during the wedding celebration. Durek refused to answer and joked that the bride might be angry if he revealed any of what they wanted to keep secret. But he appreciated the reception he received.
- I love Norwegians. I have always loved them. Sometimes Norwegians don't understand me. But I have always loved them. I love people, don't make me cry now, but I do. I can't lock myself in the hotel room. I have to go out and get some air, I have to go out and see the city, I have to go out and meet people. Ålesund is a beautiful city. I love the architecture, the people are lovely and the shops are really great.

Last edited:
The wedding thread has now been opened in the Wedding Forum.

Please post messages, information and commentary on the wedding there.

When Princess Märtha Louise married Ari Behn in 2002, the couple executed a marriage settlement, i.e. a marital property agreement, specifying their separate property. The royal court, at the time, confirmed the information and stated that this was traditional for royal weddings. Under the marriage settlement, Princess Märtha Louise retained the couple's family residence and vacation home when they divorced, since both were her separate property.

VG confirmed that Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have not registered a marriage settlement yet. Marriage settlements are not required to be registered, but without registration, a married person cannot use their marriage settlement to protect their assets from their creditors.

VG asked whether Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have a marriage settlement. The Palace's and Durek Verrett's spokespersons directed questions to Princess Märtha Louise's spokesperson, who still has not responded after repeated inquiries over two days.

Read about the laws on marriage settlements, and on treatment of married persons' property when there is no marriage settlement, in these links (in English):

When Princess Märtha Louise married Ari Behn in 2002, the couple executed a marriage settlement, i.e. a marital property agreement, specifying their separate property. The royal court, at the time, confirmed the information and stated that this was traditional for royal weddings. Under the marriage settlement, Princess Märtha Louise retained the couple's family residence and vacation home when they divorced, since both were her separate property.

VG confirmed that Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have not registered a marriage settlement yet. Marriage settlements are not required to be registered, but without registration, a married person cannot use their marriage settlement to protect their assets from their creditors.

VG asked whether Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have a marriage settlement. The Palace's and Durek Verrett's spokespersons directed questions to Princess Märtha Louise's spokesperson, who still has not responded after repeated inquiries over two days.

Read about the laws on marriage settlements, and on treatment of married persons' property when there is no marriage settlement, in these links (in English):

Wow, I hope for her daughters and for her own sake Martha has a marriage settlement! The coverage in Hello that I’ve seen online screams “Princess” in almost every paragraph…. :nonono:

On Wednesday, the Norwegian media reported that preparations for the wedding have started in full swing in Geiranger. Among other things, they published photos of the tent in which the couple will be married at Vinjevollen being set up.
On Thursday morning, Dagbladet's reporter can report that the tent is gone. So far, it is not known why.
Simon Valvik, communications manager for the wedding, about the tent being gone:
- It was planned and there was no drama in it.
Valvik does not want to comment on why it was planned to remove the tent again.

- As far as I know, no members of the Belgian royal family will participate in the wedding, writes Deputy Director for Media and Communications Lore Vandoorne at the Belgian Royal House in an email to NTB.

Durek's mother and sister complain to The Norwegian Press Complaints Commission about an article in VG.

- We are so excited that we can't wait. It's going to be so much fun, says Maggie Alava to TV 2.
She says that she will also be a bridesmaid. They have traveled from the USA, and are among other things impressed by the Norwegian nature.
Märtha Louise's eldest daughter, Maud Angelica Behn, also showed up in Ålesund with friends.
Durek's sister Angelina Verrett landed too. The guests were transported from the airport by bus.
I’m confused - I thought Durek was estranged from his sister and mother and they wouldn’t be at the wedding. Perhaps he has two sisters???

i read somewhere that he has 4 siblings. As his parents divorced when he was only 2 years old, I don't know whether they are all full siblings or that it includes half- and/or stepsiblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom