Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wedding will take place in Vinje Farm . I hope the King of Norway will have an easy acces. Where will the Wedding Dinner take place afterwards ?

The Wedding will take place in Vinje Farm . I hope the King of Norway will have an easy acces. Where will the Wedding Dinner take place afterwards ?
The wedding party will be held at Hotel Union, only a couple of minutes' walk for the guests from the wedding to the party.

Märtha Louise and Durek have given an exclusive interview to Hello!

Historian Trond Norén Isaksen and Tor Wallin Andreassen, professor of marketing and innovation at the Norwegian School of Economics about Märtha Louise and Durek breaking the agreement they have with King Harald and the Royal House.

All what you are writing and find out about bad Durek is too late . In one week he will receive the same collar as Ari Behn and is member of the Royal House.

All what you are writing and find out about bad Durek is too late . In one week he will receive the same collar as Ari Behn and is member of the Royal House.
Which collar? Ari Behn never had a Norwegian order. Only a Dutch one.

I hoped that someone more knowledgeable than I might know the answer, but if forced to guess, I would still think it is related to the restrictions on press coverage and/or the commercial deals concerning the wedding. The couple's religiously unorthodox views and past conflicts with the Church notwithstanding, they are still being married by a Church of Norway priest in the Church of Norway liturgy, so it doesn't seem to me as if there are religious objections on either side (the couple or the Church) that would preclude using a church building.
I'd say it's all down to personal preference and a wish to control access to the wedding.

The wedding party will be held at Hotel Union, only a couple of minutes' walk for the guests from the wedding to the party.

Märtha Louise and Durek have given an exclusive interview to Hello!

Historian Trond Norén Isaksen and Tor Wallin Andreassen, professor of marketing and innovation at the Norwegian School of Economics about Märtha Louise and Durek breaking the agreement they have with King Harald and the Royal House.
I’m sure I should know and that it’s been discussed before, but could someone please tell me if Durek will receive some sort of title or what he’ll be called? Thanks!

I just watched the video in hellomagazine. It makes me speechless. I get the impression that she adores him more than he "adores" her. Some of the pictures of her are just strange. A 51 year old woman posing like that is embarrassing. But that's just my personal taste.

He won’t receive any title. I suppose the court will continue to use Durek Verrett if they have to use his name.

I’m sure I should know and that it’s been discussed before, but could someone please tell me if Durek will receive some sort of title or what he’ll be called? Thanks!

Somebody already answered your title question, but I will add the November 2022 announcement about his future role for those who have not seen it.

[...]
When Durek Verrett and Princess Märtha Louise are married, Mr Verrett will become a part of the Royal Family – as did Erling Lorentzen, Johan Martin Ferner and Ari Behn. But in accordance with tradition he will not have a title or represent the Royal House of Norway.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett will attend important family-related gatherings, such as birthday celebrations, as well as certain major sporting events that the Royal Family traditionally attends together.

Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett are seeking to distinguish more clearly between their activities and their association with the Royal House. [...]​

I just watched the video in hellomagazine. It makes me speechless. I get the impression that she adores him more than he "adores" her. Some of the pictures of her are just strange. A 51 year old woman posing like that is embarrassing. But that's just my personal taste.
Märtha Louise has her 53rd birthday on September.

Press release from the Royal House:
Their Majesties the King and Queen are present during Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett's wedding in Geiranger. Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Prince Sverre Magnus and Princess Astrid will also be present during the wedding celebration.
Parts of the family will also be present during the event in Ålesund on Thursday 29 August.
The royal family is looking forward to being guests at Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett's wedding.
The royal ship Norway will be used as accommodation during the wedding.

The Royal Household informs NRK that Marius Borg Høiby will not participate in the wedding. According to what NRK learns, it was decided some time ago, before the violent incident earlier this month.
The royal palace writes that parts of the family will be present during the event in Ålesund. The royal couple is not taking part in this event, according to what NRK has heard.

Haakon said that they are looking forward to the wedding. It will be nice to celebrate in Geiranger.
He was asked what he thinks about the fact that the rights to wedding have been sold to Hello Magazine.
- I think now is the wedding. We are looking forward to that. At the same time, we have an agreement which we of course assume will be followed.
Have Märtha Louise and Durek kept to this agreement with all these rights agreements and articles in Hello Magazine? Are they within the agreement made with the family?
- Now it's the wedding first. Then there is a time to talk further about the agreement and how we handle it.
When asked if he will give a speech, he said it's not right for him to go out with the wedding details.

So far, 101 journalists have applied for accreditation for the wedding.
Press and communications adviser for the wedding, Simon Eriksen Valvik:
- These are overwhelming numbers, but still as expected. I am very much looking forward to meeting them and will do what I can to ensure that they have a good experience. I also expect that the number of accredited will increase further in the next few days.
He states that several foreign media have applied for accreditation, from Germany, France, Sweden and Denmark.

Last edited:
Of course ML and the shambles will not keep to the agreement , they have already found that they can breech it with impunity . Even if there are no formal pictures of the royal family taken , or video footage , all it takes is one of their "friends" using a mobile phone , then selling them on for the royal families privacy to be breached . Of course ML & the shambles would bear no responsibility , just as they bore no responsibility for the gin .

Haakon said that they are looking forward to the wedding. It will be nice to celebrate in Geiranger.
He was asked what he thinks about the fact that the rights to wedding have been sold to Hello Magazine.
- I think now is the wedding. We are looking forward to that. At the same time, we have an agreement which we of course assume will be followed.
Have Märtha Louise and Durek kept to this agreement with all these rights agreements and articles in Hello Magazine? Are they within the agreement made with the family?
- Now it's the wedding first. Then there is a time to talk further about the agreement and how we handle it.
When asked if he will give a speech, he said it's not right for him to go out with the wedding details.

That means the King and, since he says "we", the Crown Prince have no intention of removing Princess Märtha Louise's right to succeed as Queen, since the simple method of removing her succession rights would be for the King not to grant legal consent to her marriage under Article 36 of the Constitution.

And again, that would not be "deciding who Princess Märtha Louise marries", as the King claimed (misleadingly) in his earlier statement. If the King declined Article 36 consent, the couple would still enjoy every civil right of marriage, and every other royal privilege the King grants to them. The only right they would lose is the right to become Queen and Prince Consort of Norway.

Last edited:
When the agreement was struck where Martha Louise will not use her Princess title for her business activities, did any of the involved parties state how Martha Louise will be referred to?

ETA:
The original agreement was in 2019, so 5 years ago, and then it was added on to in 2022, so two years ago.

When the agreement was struck where Martha Louise will not use her Princess title for her business activities, did any of the involved parties state how Martha Louise will be referred to?

ETA:
The original agreement was in 2019, so 5 years ago, and then it was added on to in 2022, so two years ago.

The original agreement in 2019 stated she would use (only) her name (Märtha Louise) in business.

The Palace about Princess Märtha Louise's use Princess title:

"Use of title
Princess Märtha Louise, in consultation with her family, has decided that from now on she will not use the princess title in her business activities.

The princess will continue to use her title when representing the King's House and in a private context, but will use her name (Märtha Louise) when she runs a profitable business."

Bruk av tittel

And Martha Louise posted in her instagram:

"There have been many discussions about my use of title in a commercial context lately. The fact that I used Princess in the title of my tour, I have said before that I am very sorry, and I still stand by that. It was a mistake and I understand that it provokes when the princess title is used this way.

The discussions are something I have taken seriously, and in collaboration with my family we have found that it is best that we make some changes.
We have therefore jointly come to the conclusion that I use the title princess when I represent the Royal House, do my official assignments at home and abroad and in private contexts. From now on I will not use my princess title in a commercial context. That is, in all commercial contexts, I only use Märtha Louise.
I find this to be a good solution where there is a clear distinction between my business activities and my role as representative of the Royal House, and that I have thus created room for greater freedom in my business activities."

Princess Märtha Louise on Instagram: "Det har vært mange diskusjoner om min bruk av tittel i kommersiell sammenheng i det siste. Det at jeg brukte Prinsesse i tittelen på min turné, har jeg sagt tidligere at jeg er veldig lei meg for, og det står jeg fortsatt ved. Det var et feiltrinn og jeg skjønner at det provoserer når prinsessetittelen blir brukt på denne måten. Diskusjonene er noe jeg har tatt seriøst, og i samarbeid med min familie har vi funnet ut at det er best at vi gjør noen endringer. Vi har derfor i fellesskap kommet fram til at jeg bruker tittelen prinsesse når jeg representerer Kongehuset, gjør mine offisielle oppdrag i inn og utland og i private sammenhenger. Jeg skal fra nå av ikke bruke min prinsessetittel i kommersiell sammenheng. Det vil si at jeg i alle kommersielle sammenhenger, bruker kun Märtha Louise. Dette opplever jeg som en god løsning der det blir et tydelig skille mellom min næringsvirksomhet og min rolle som representant for Kongehuset og at jeg dermed har skapt rom for større frihet i min næringsvirksomhet. #livsendringer #livet @martha.louise.intuitive"

The Royal Household informs NRK that Marius Borg Høiby will not participate in the wedding. According to what NRK learns, it was decided some time ago, before the violent incident earlier this month.
The royal palace writes that parts of the family will be present during the event in Ålesund. The royal couple is not taking part in this event, according to what NRK has heard.

If they are being truthful in saying Marius Borg Høiby's non-attendance was already decided before his violent incident (and it is plausible since he went clubbing instead of attending the Crown Prince Couple's 50th birthday event in 2023), then I wonder what the reason might be.[…]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the DRF ain't coming.
The PR office says that the Norwegian wedding is private and as such an attendance by the DRF is not expected as if it had been the wedding of an heir.
- They didn't even bother coming up with an excuse about another engagement.

So, the DRF only comes to weddings of the royal family in Norway when they have to and not (also) out of friendship?

Perhaps Frederik and Joachim are not close to Martha Louise.
In any case, no royal house will be represented at this wedding. I would say that the problem could be Durek or the controversies involving the bride and groom.

I would say that the problem could be Durek or the controversies involving the bride and groom.

That may be one factor, but there have been controversial royals (including persons who have reportedly engaged in abusive behavior, or have made remarks that offended members of the public or the media, or had a dubious resume) who had well-attended weddings, so there must be other factors in play. I strongly suspect those other factors include the negative editorial and social media commentary in Norway and abroad. If, hypothetically, active social media users were vociferously defensive of Mr. Verrett and flooded the Danish royal house's social media with accusations of racism for not sending a representative to the wedding, and foreign media outlets also ran stories about the "racism" of the Danish royal house, then I think they would be more likely to send a royal guest. Another factor is sexism - even today, as I wrote in another thread, princes' choices of wives are defended more than princesses' choices of husband.

So, the DRF only comes to weddings of the royal family in Norway when they have to and not (also) out of friendship?

Their statement is vaguely reminiscent of their explanation that Crown Prince Frederik et al would not attend Princess Elisabeth's funeral because it was an event for the older generation, in the sense of raising more questions than it answers.

Last edited:
I guess in this case, almost everyone would understand that most royals are very careful by trying to avoid any association with Durek. If they can get out of it, they will. Of course, ML's close family cannot and maybe there will be a few other close friends that will attend. But it seems no royal will attend just because of 'royal duty' - if possible they try to get out of it.

Märtha Louise has her 53rd birthday on September.

(...)
(...)
What else is he supposed to say? Nonetheless, you'd hope they would have talked about all the agreement issues BEFORE the wedding as they partly relate to the wedding instead of first going on with it and pretending all is fine and later on not being able to do anything about it, as it already took place. Clearly, ML and Durek are in charge/having the upper hand and the NRF is on the loosing end. However, that's due to their own inaction/tolerance of bad behavior.

What else is he supposed to say? Nonetheless, you'd hope they would have talked about all the agreement issues BEFORE the wedding as they partly relate to the wedding instead of first going on with it and pretending all is fine and later on not being able to do anything about it, as it already took place. Clearly, ML and Durek are in charge/having the upper hand and the NRF is on the loosing end. However, that's due to their own inaction/tolerance of bad behavior.
I agree. I think the family had no chance whatsoever to convince ML and Durek of dropping any of their plans concerning the wedding. They did and will always do what they think is the right thing for them. We have this idiom in German which means " Going thru the wall with your head" If you listen to the interview in Hola, which LadyFinn kindly posted you get an impression how they think and feel.

That means the King and, since he says "we", the Crown Prince have no intention of removing Princess Märtha Louise's right to succeed as Queen, since the simple method of removing her succession rights would be for the King not to grant legal consent to her marriage under Article 36 of the Constitution.

And again, that would not be "deciding who Princess Märtha Louise marries", as the King claimed (misleadingly) in his earlier statement. If the King declined Article 36 consent, the couple would still enjoy every civil right of marriage, and every other royal privilege the King grants to them. The only right they would lose is the right to become Queen and Prince Consort of Norway.
King Harald have spent his life bending over backwards for his daughter (and only got more problems in return)… The chances that he would remove her from the line of succession now is below zero so i think we better forget about that…

I am more curious of what Crown Prince Haakon says and does… As his father is 87 and in fragile health, he is on the brink of becoming King any year now, and what he says and does will soon be the ”final word” for everyone in the NRF….. At the moment he does not impress me and rather comes off as shocked and confused, than decisive…

King Harald have spent his life bending over backwards for his daughter (and only got more problems in return)… The chances that he would remove her from the line of succession now is below zero so i think we better forget about that…

I am more curious of what Crown Prince Haakon says and does… As his father is 87 and in fragile health, he is on the brink of becoming King any year now, and what he says and does will soon be the ”final word” for everyone in the NRF….. At the moment he does not impress me and rather comes off as shocked and confused, than decisive…
Agree with this Hans-Rickard. I always liked Haakon and before this happened I was hopeful that he would be much more decisive than his father (regarding his sister), now I fear he is like another poster said, curled up in a fetal position, sucking his thumb. I don't think anything is going to change in the NRF with a King Haakon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom