Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Se og Hør, Durek, Märtha Louise and her daughters Emma and Leah have all traveled to Catalina Island.

Vinmonopolet about Märtha Louise and Durek's wedding gin: Doesn't sell very much

On the article, video and ad included within the link the price of the bottle is 499,90 (499.90 Krones) right? that is $46.51 dollars or 42.49 in Euros. I guess 90% of the reasoning behind the price is ML's name?
I smell a reality show in the making soon in USA's Bravo TV 'The Princess and the Con' or Housewives of Oslo.

On the article, video and ad included within the link the price of the bottle is 499,90 (499.90 Krones) right? that is $46.51 dollars or 42.49 in Euros. I guess 90% of the reasoning behind the price is ML's name?
I smell a reality show in the making soon in USA's Bravo TV 'The Princess and the Con' or Housewives of Oslo.
No, it's a normal price for a bottle of quality gin in Norway and Sweden.

Durek Verrett's mother is threatened with a lawsuit
Princess Märtha Louise's manager confirms to VG: Durek Verrett and the princess have sent a "cease and desist" letter to Verrett's mother.
Only parts of the letter Se og Hør has published a picture of are legible.
- We are writing to you to ask you to stop making defamatory, derogatory and false accusations against Shaman Durek. Since Shaman Durek started his relationship with Princess Märtha Louise, he has experienced a number of serious and false accusations against him, the letter says.
If the mother does not stop this, they will go to court. According to Se og Hør, it will be a multimillion-dollar lawsuit.

Another awful story about malfunctioning families get public to "wash their dirty clothes in public" (as we say in Germany). I have read about the mother's accusations against her son, she might be right, but still, as a mother I wouldn't go to the press and tell them personal feelings and stories about my children. Never, ever, it is disgusting to me. Why can't they resolve their problems in private, or if that is not possible, just be silent and cease to communicate. As if public accusations would contribute anything to heal broken relations.

Princess Märtha Louise's manager confirms to VG: Durek Verrett and the princess have sent a "cease and desist" letter to Verrett's mother.
- We are writing to you to ask you to stop making defamatory, derogatory and false accusations against Shaman Durek. Since Shaman Durek started his relationship with Princess Märtha Louise, he has experienced a number of serious and false accusations against him, the letter says.
If the mother does not stop this, they will go to court. According to Se og Hør, it will be a multimillion-dollar lawsuit.
It's interesting how they use "Shaman Durek," as if that were a title or his name.

Per article. Martha used her title in the cease-and-desist legal document causing more articles to pop up requesting that she has to have that title removed for good.

Two things come to mind in relation to ML, she's marrying a con man whose own mother seems to be afraid of him. And yet, in all her regal grandiosity ML can't even mediate for a peaceful solution with her future mother-in-law?

If there's conflict between mother and son, won't ML as a mother herself at least make an attempt to get them to speak to one another? The amount of lies the shaman has sold as to the people in Europe is like out of a movie like The Talented Mr. Ripley which ironically stars Gwyneth Paltrow, one of the celebrities the shaman targeted to get in her circle and found a clean path to infect her princess pal, ML, and her brain cells.
I don't even think anymore ML is blind to all these fake claims but acting as an accomplice to this con man.

Can't wait to see how all of this turns out :cautious:

Se og Hør published Märtha Louise and Durek's letter to Durek's mother, word by word

Shaman Durek comments the letter at his Instagram

Nettavisen's royal expert Tove Taalesen believes that the letter is a clear sign that the couple have something serious to hide - and that they are doing everything in their power to keep it hidden.
- I think this is confirmation that Durek has something to hide, and that the princess is desperate to hide the dark secrets.
The letter was signed with the princess title of Märtha Louise. Taalesen believes the couple go to great lengths to protect themselves, and reacts to her misusing her royal title in the same vein:
- The letter is a demonstration of power, especially because the royal house is drawn in when she uses her princess title. It's a big responsibility to have that kind of title, and the princess deliberately uses her royal power in an attempt to stop the mouth of an 81-year-old lady.
Märtha Louise's manager Carina Scheele Carlsen hasn't responded to Nettavisen's inquiries.
The Royal Court's communications manager Guri Varpe writes in an email:
- We don't want to comment.

Märtha Louise is not allowed to use the title of princess in commercial contexts. New documents show that she and Durek have been more involved than has been known until now. Gin producer writes in a letter that Märtha Louise and Durek were involvedin the design of the text on the label.

What a loving couple, ML & her shaman fiancé, now apparently suing shaman's 81 y/o mother for spilling nasties about them. These two drama Queens living in their royal land of make believe.

Veruschka seems to be taking notes from Thomas Markle!

While I am certainly not a fan of Durek Verrett, I will say that this cease and desist letter is a smart move. In fact, his explanation on IG is the only normal-sounding thing he has ever said. It actually sounds rational and there is even a hint of goodwill towards his mother.

Never a dull moment with Martha Louise and Durek!

Märtha Louise is not allowed to use the title of princess in commercial contexts. New documents show that she and Durek have been more involved than has been known until now. Gin producer writes in a letter that Märtha Louise and Durek were involvedin the design of the text on the label.

Of course they were involved in the design and text for the gin. Of course she approved her title being used. As she stated "I am still a princess and part of the royal family."

No consequences

Bunte online, the German tabloid, had today something about the difficulties between the Shaman and his mother. And alledgedly his mother has a contract with the before mentioned Norwegian magazine Se og Hør... So, she makes some money out of spilling the beans exclusively in this paper.
Märtha Louise von Norwegen: Klage gegen ihre Schwiegermutter – jetzt spricht der Schamane
More than likely, they approached her with the premise the interview will be paid as a job for the magazine and if they were generous with the senior lady then why not take the check to pay her bills?

Very different situation from the other case we explored here in another thread, where the parent posed and released private letters. In the case of the shaman, there is no privacy when your EXTENSIVE arrests and incarceration moments in the USA, from domestic abuse to murder threats against a landlord, are all in public records.

That includes for his mother to have the right to discuss the lies he told about her:
Excerpt:
Verrett has claimed that his mother, Sheilah G. Farmer, who goes by the alias Veruschka Urquhart, is of Norwegian-West Indian descent, although he has alternately described her as being of Native American heritage, and he has also claimed "she was white." He has sometimes claimed that his father, David Benjamin Verrett (1929–2017), was of African and Haitian origin, while at other times stating his father was "Native American Blackfoot Indian." Verrett's parents divorced in April 1977 when he was 2 When Verrett was 3, his father married Verrett's stepmother, Geraldine Roy (1943–2009)

In a 2009 interview, Verrett claimed to be "born into the lineages of Haitian voodoo and indigenous Norwegian medicine". However, his aunt Shirley Verrett's autobiography contradicts his claims, as she describes the Verrett family's strict Catholic and Seventh Day Adventist lineages and refers to non-Christian practices such as voodoo by stating their family "strongly disapproved of anyone who practiced those negative arts."

And now to refute the above, here's the article and video preview with Durek Verrett's mother Veruschka Urquhart
Translated Excerpt:
The self-proclaimed shaman Durek Verrett has made many different claims about his family and background, which his mother claims are pure lies on Durek's part.

Veruschka has previously said that she felt betrayed when Durek and Märtha celebrated a grand Christmas in New York, while she was alone and abandoned in the same city and had to read about her son's Christmas celebrations on social media.

In the new interview, she now warns the Norwegian people against her son, and claims that Princess Märtha Louise (51) has been brainwashed: - I'm sorry to have to say it, but the princess has been brainwashed by my son. I actually think he's run away with her brain," Veruschka says in the exclusive interview.

Last edited:
I just feel sad for Harald and Sonja that they would have to deal with this in what should have been the beautiful sunset years of their lives…

The best thing for everyone involved and in the long term also for the survival of the norwegian monarchy after the time of King Harald, would be to around the time of the wedding declare that Princess Märtha Louise shall henceforth be known as Mrs Märtha Louise Verrett, and no longer be a part of the line of succession.

Do i expect it to happen ? Absolutely not… The King won’t change his daughters title or name one milimeter more for as long as he lives.

Last edited:
I just feel sad for Harald and Sonja that they would högste to deal with this in what should have been the golden years of their lives…

The best thing for everyone involved and in the long term also for the survival of the norwegian monarchy after the time of King Harald, would be to around the time of the wedding declare that Princess Märtha Louise shall henceforth be known as Mrs Märtha Louise Verrett, and no longer be a part of the line of succession.

Do i expect it to happen ? Absolutely not… The King won’t change his daughters title or name one milimeter more for as long as he lives.

Do you have the feeling, and I mean everyone here in general that wants to think about this, that after the wedding the conman Shaman will start demanding his wife to recant and say she's the real crown princess over her younger brother? And start using social media to press their demands and call her dad misogynist?

Just think of this, what if he convinces her to make noise and have, or demand the government and her father to backpedal the decision to step aside from the crown? And that she claims she changed her mind, wants to be the next queen and that includes Shaman as consort?

We should all count the days or months and see if the prediction happens. It would be a real-life House of the Dragon scenario with Martha vs her younger brother (and his daughter) for the crown. I'm predicting chaos happening after the wedding, when the Shaman's ego gets so empowered by his wife, he starts scheming for her to recover her place in the succession line.

Durek's mother says at an interview that her daughter Demi De La Nuit, Durek's sister, has also got a "cease and desist" letter (a three-page letter) from Durek and Märtha Louise.

Well which of his very many names did she ruin, because he doesn't even use the name she gave him anymore.

I don't know much about cease and desist letters but I'd assume they can't stop you talking about things which are true?

Wow, I hadn't realised his arrest for assault on his ex boyfriend was so recent - 2015. I thought it was longer ago than that. I really do wonder if Harald and Sonja are treading carefully to ensure ML doesn't flit to America where they can't keep an eye on her with her new abusive husband. At lease in Norway all eyes are on them which means he would find it harder to get away with anything.

My impression is that things are escalating before their marriage in August. If they want a nice and peaceful wedding they should slow down and keep quiet for a while. But they are "fighters" and will continue without noticing how damaging this is for their acceptance and reputation.

Nettavisen's royal expert Tove Taalesen's chronicle. She has worked at the Royal House for over ten years, also closely with the King and Queen.

Taalesen has seen the King's ability to make difficult and considered decisions up close. She doesn't understand the King's actions right now. Maybe this time he needs help to make a difficult decision.
Does the royal court not understand that Märtha and Durek are damaging King Harald's reputation, and that it is urgent to try to save the pieces?
Märtha and Durek sent a threatening letter to Durek's old mother. There is no dialogue between mother and son. Taalesen fears the dialogue between the royal family and Märtha and Durek is also more or less absent. Because anything else doesn't make sense. Obviously, Märtha doesn't care that she is ruining her father and brother. King Harald and Haakon can't take into account that she is a daughter and a sister. A King can't let emotions rule over reason. Their duty is to manage the monarchy for future generations.
A royal wedding should be about celebrating love. This wedding is more about dirty tricks followed by stupid excuses from Märtha and Durek. Taalesen is tired and starting to feel that she doesn't care anymore. That should worry the Royal Court. She is hardly the only one who thinks that the royal house is more buzz and circus than useful right now. How strong a royal house is without people who care?

...Obviously, Märtha doesn't care that she is ruining her father and brother. King Harald and Haakon can't take into account that she is a daughter and a sister. A King can't let emotions rule over reason. Their duty is to manage the monarchy for future generations...

You hit the nail on the head on that one. Martha doesn't care because it seems she is in full auto destruction mode and not even bothering to see how her antics with the con man and former inmate, several times in the USA, affect everyone around her.

If she goes down, she's taking everyone down with her, that's the attitude I see. Using her royal title on a document to intimidate and harass an elderly person, Durek's mother, was the lowest she could sink in. But the year is still early. :confused:

Another awful story about malfunctioning families get public to "wash their dirty clothes in public" (as we say in Germany). I have read about the mother's accusations against her son, she might be right, but still, as a mother I wouldn't go to the press and tell them personal feelings and stories about my children. Never, ever, it is disgusting to me. Why can't they resolve their problems in private, or if that is not possible, just be silent and cease to communicate. As if public accusations would contribute anything to heal broken relations.
Isn't it all so depressing and surreal? I always read that you can learn a lot about the quality of a man by his relationship with his mother.
I still cannot process that ML will really marry this character in a month!😱

Depressing and surreal are exactly the right words. It’s awful to watch someone making choices that one feels certain will bring regret and possibly much worse.

Wow, I hadn't realised his arrest for assault on his ex boyfriend was so recent - 2015. I thought it was longer ago than that. I really do wonder if Harald and Sonja are treading carefully to ensure ML doesn't flit to America where they can't keep an eye on her with her new abusive husband. At lease in Norway all eyes are on them which means he would find it harder to get away with anything.
I am actually surprised that a man with such a serious criminal record is even allowed to stay in the country let alone marry the daughter of a king.

I am actually surprised that a man with such a serious criminal record is even allowed to stay in the country let alone marry the daughter of a king.

Well, ML picked him out of a line up. The California world she engaged with is crowded with Durek-like charlatans that gravitate toward celebrities to climb up the ladder on their schemes. The trend seems they make themselves important to them, like those people that claim to talk to past lives from your families.

Under an umbrella of made-up faith or cult spiritualism, often assembled by the con man with its YouTube or Instagram following, they latch at you faster that the crab in Aliens. The easy way for them is to find gullible, rea beyond stupid and egomaniacal Hollywood area people, to depend on their advice passed for life coaching. Then, once in, the scammers use their entry-door celebrity to climb up the money ladder.

Durek must get the prize of the most successful con man of this century so far. He got ML to invite him into her life and she's seeming happy with all the wrecking he's doing to her family and country. Her total lack of concern made me think she's no longer a victim but part of the need she has to get back at her family. Why, we just don't know, but I no longer see her as an innocent bystander.

After the marriage we will know the truth of their situation, if she demands to rescind her decision and to press on her to be moved back as senior heir, instead of her brother and family, then we will know what we have now was leading to what I said above, it's all to get back at her family and at her country.

The alarm bells are ringing for the majority of us ,all except Märtha Louise!
I think it takes two to tango.

I suspect ML is so entitled that her needs will always overrule the interests of her brother and parents - and by extension the monarchy.
And while I freely admit that she is a very caring and protective mother, that's about the limit of who she will care about. Otherwise she wouldn't treat her doting parents - and brother the way she has.
Keep in mind that she too has pushed her boundaries to the limit and beyond - while happily complaining about how being a royal was sooo hard for her.
I also suspect she will pour Durek down the drain without hesitation if need be. Keep in mind that she is a mature woman who has hustled (angel school and having conversations with angels and spiritualism, come on!) her way through life and who has used every trick in the book to manipulate her parents to get her way - with success.

So call me cynical but ML and Durek is a fine match and I dare say she is smarter than he is, he just have more and better contacts and more experience in being a conman on a much higher level. Also because regulations are much stricter enforced in Norway. Had Durek practiced in Norway I believe he would long since have ended up in prison.
So IMO; no ML is not that big a victim nor is she particularly naive.

But doesn't he want to practive his spirit hacking and whatnot in Norway? I think that is their plan. I am still amazed that they don't want to make their home in the US, they must know that the Norwegian people are not friendly towards them with all that has been published. I am also worried and surprised that the King has not said anything for quite a while. I hope he and his wife are in good condition, lets not norget they are both 87 years old and Harald has his health issues.
How very reckless of Märtha to not consider the feelings of her aged parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom