Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett News & Current Events Part 2: 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for News & Current Events of Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett.

You can find the previous thread here:

Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 - 2024 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Assuming that the King has not secretly revoked any of his previous decisions:

Princess Märtha Louise remains in line to the throne. She and Durek Verrett will automatically become reigning Queen of Norway and consort if Crown Prince Haakon and his two children predecease her.

Durek Verrett is now an official member of the Royal Family, but, like his wife, is not a member of the Royal House. He remains untitled. The couple will attend family events but will not represent the Royal House.

The official website has not yet been updated to reflect Durek Verrett's entry into the Royal Family. But the royal family photograph has been swapped from the King and Queen's 25th jubilee to a more recent National Day photograph which shows only the members of the Royal House. According to the Wayback Machine, the change appears to have been made in mid-August.

Last edited:
Princess Märtha Louise's biography was updated on the wedding day to record her marriage to Durek Verrett. However, the Royal Family page is yet to be updated to add Durek Verrett to the list of members.

The launch of the gin made for Märtha Louise and Durek's wedding may also be illegal. It is not legal for industry players to "initiate, influence or finance" mention of alcohol.
- Generally speaking, a press launch is considered to initiate press coverage, which would normally be seen as a breach of the advertising ban, says the Directorate of Health's divisional director Linda Granlund to NRK.
Yesterday Vinmonopolet stopped the sale of the gin, because it may be in breach of the ban on alcohol advertising.
This was confirmed by senior communications advisor at Vinmonopolet Kristine Sanne to NRK.
- We have been made aware that the label has been changed since it was registered with the ordering committee. When this item was entered, it had a different label than it has now. It may be in breach of the ban on alcohol advertising.

A new gin made for Märtha Louise and Durek's wedding will now be subject to supervision by the Directorate of Health, reports Aftenposten. Divisional director Linda Granlund informs that Aftenposten that they will send an inquiry to the manufacturer OHD during the day today to get more clarity on the matter.

The Directorate of Health ruled that the gin producer did breach the alcohol advertising regulations.

Princess Märtha Louise's biography was updated on the wedding day to record her marriage to Durek Verrett. However, the Royal Family page is yet to be updated to add Durek Verrett to the list of members...
And my main question would be if the past reincarnations he openly claims reside in him are to be listed on that Bio page in alphabetical order, by century or by country? Not to be shady but will they also list for previous residence his five stays in USA prisons? :rolleyes:

Durek is now the gift that keeps on giving. I wish he changed his ways, leaved the nonsense and new age scam products behind and became a bit more serious with his new position as the spouse of the 4th one in the line of the NRF succession. Would that be too much to ask?

Interesting:

I suspect that the reason that there has been so much tolerance and conciliatoriness towards ML is to avoid a Harry and Meghan situation.

For good or ill, the NRF seems to be a very close family and I suspect that there will be several broken hearts if a BRF type rift formed.

As far as royals, particularly spares, pursuing commercial endeavors, clearly ML has made agreements and then willfully disregarded certain terms, but IMO, I think that royal families are still grappling with what is the right way to allow the non-working royals to earn a living in a way that is not overly problematic for the monarchy.

I'd say problems typically arise when royals want to earn money by becoming a brand. If they have a regular job (either working for a larger company/organization or as an entrepreneur focused on the product thry offer instead of their name), there isn't as much of an issue typically.

I'd say problems typically arise when royals want to earn money by becoming a brand. If they have a regular job (either working for a larger company/organization or as an entrepreneur focused on the product thry offer instead of their name), there isn't as much of an issue typically.
Are there really that many royals, specifically children of monarchs that have had "regular" jobs or been entrepreneurs? They are out there, Prince Carl Philip, Prince Constantijn, Infanta Elena, and even these still get criticism but I don't recall a scandal about their business practices but I am not 100% sure. I am not counting Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie because they are not children of the monarch, although I suppose that they can get an honorable mention because of how high profile the BRF is.

There are royals that have worked "regular" jobs or been entrepreneurs had controversies, with some being quite spectacular - Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Fergie, although after her divorce, Infanta Cristina and her ex-husband, Prince Laurent, Princess Martha Louise and recently Princess Laurentien.

Are there really that many royals, specifically children of monarchs that have had "regular" jobs or been entrepreneurs? They are out there, Prince Carl Philip, Prince Constantijn, Infanta Elena, and even these still get criticism but I don't recall a scandal about their business practices but I am not 100% sure. I am not counting Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie because they are not children of the monarch, although I suppose that they can get an honorable mention because of how high profile the BRF is.

There are royals that have worked "regular" jobs or been entrepreneurs had controversies, with some being quite spectacular - Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Fergie, although after her divorce, Infanta Cristina and her ex-husband, Prince Laurent, Princess Martha Louise and recently Princess Laurentien.
To avoid derailing this thread, I answered in a discussion thread specifically dedicated to this question (as it pops up from time to time).

The members of the royal family have their privileges because they serve the Norwegian people.
But Märtha Louise takes advantage of the privileges without giving anything back.
It appears very unreasonable, and a stop must be put to it.
The result is declining trust and support around the royal house.

Märtha Louise and Durek were observed at Vigra airport in Ålesund at 19.00 yesterday, before they took the plane to Oslo. Maud and Durek's family were with them.

Photos of Märtha Louise leaving Hotel Union in Geiranger

Nettavisen met the couple today in central Oslo.
Nettavisen's reporter at the scene says that neither Verrett nor Märtha was particularly talkative.
- Märtha didn't want to say anything, reports Nettavisen's journalist.

King Harald commented the wedding to the media in connection with the awarding of the Kavli prize in Oslo Concert Hall on Tuesday.
- Absolutely fantastic. Better than I thought it would be.
What was it that was so good?
- Everything, says the king.
When asked by NRK whether he is now going to have another conversation with Märtha Louise about the agreement concerning the use of the princess title, King Harald replies:
- Yes, we have said that we will do that.

Interesting, the other medias write about NRK's question:
When asked by NRK whether it is time for another talk with Märtha Louise about the agreement with the Royal Palace, the king replied:
- We have already had that conversation.

It doesn't sound as if the King is planning to impose harsh punishments for the violations of the family agreement, such as removing the princess title, as some were hoping. But I suppose time will tell.

I realize I am in the minority, but it has always struck me as unlikely that a king/government/public unwilling to remove the Princess's right to the throne, which would only have a minor impact on her daily life and career, would be willing to remove her title. Then again, the King did remove her patronages, but that arguably had little impact on her as her patronage duties were already rare at that point.

So what are folks in Norway saying about the couple now? Has Martha made any comments about becoming an “other royal” and the omission of her daughters and now husband on the official website?

Are they even aware?
I would assume that most people in Norway do not visit the Royal House website regularly, so it is possible that they are not aware of the changes.

Nevertheless, I agree with other forum members that, whether they are aware of the changes to the website or not, many people tend to see anyone who is a close relative of the King or is married to a close relative of the King as a "member of the Royal Family", notwithstanding any formal distinction that may exist between the Royal House, the Royal Family, the King's Family, or similar classes of people.

Official definitions of who the members of the Royal House or of the Royal Family are matter in my opinion mostly to decide who gets state funding and is involved in state-related activities, or not. Otherwise, the general public doesn't really make a hard distinction between the "official royals", "other royals", and "non-royal" members of the King's family.

Märtha Louise and Durek were yesterday present on the red carpet during the premiere of the new Norwegian Netflix series "Milliardærøya".
This week, NRK conducted a survey in which the majority of the population believes that she should not be allowed to keep the title of princess.
I have to ask you about the NRK survey which says that many people think you should lose the title. What do you think about it?
- I am not going to comment on that, Märtha Louise answered.
A few days after the wedding they are very happy and just tried to take it all in, it has been fantastic.
About Netflix documentary of them they said that it will be very exciting, they will not reveal any details about it, you will just have to wait and see. They have been filming for a year and a half, it has been good, Durek says that there has been a lot of filming both here at home and in LA

Video

The papers are ready: Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett are now registered as married in the National Register.

Durek's life has been turbulent at times. As a teenager, he spent months in a youth institution, and conflict-ridden relationships lead him back into the legal system several times. Durek has long chosen not to comment on the events. Now he tells his side of the story to ABC Nyheter, also a lot about his life with Hank Greenberg.
- I had to spend six months in a youth institution, and got five years' probation afterwards. But I have never been in prison.
Durek is tired of what he calls the spread of false information. He thinks people are just trying to hurt him and Märtha with lies and deception.
- I'm telling the truth one hundred percent. I have no reason to lie. (..)

Durek posted to his Instagram about them attending the premiere of the new Norwegian Netflix series "Milliardærøya".
"Thank you, Netflix, for inviting us to the season premiere of Billionaire Island. we enjoyed it very much and will be watching..."

Märtha Louise with her morning gift from Durek at the newest episode of her podcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom