Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Fashion & Style Part 1: January 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love both the dresses and the fact that she recycled her mother's dress. Looks better on her.
The official dress is perfect as it exemplifies the colors of Norway which suit her.

I dislike both dresses. I don't like the fabric of the blue dress and I find the purple dress too much.

Well,taste differs,and thank goodness for that because I love it!

She looks fabulous!

Ingrid is rather stylish and vintage and sustainable is a good thing. Now when is she planning to wear something her mother hasn't yet worn?

I think the occasion warranted a brand new dress. The color of the dress is beautiful but the dress needs to be altered as the straps are wag too thin.

Why no new gowns for Princess Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday celebrations? Come on. Norway has oil money. Did the government not vote in parliament for Princess Ingrid Alexandra to have a dress allowance as well as money for an office with clerical staff? What's going on? Why is there no money for new gowns for the princess?

Why no new gowns for Princess Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday celebrations? Come on. Norway has oil money. Did the government not vote in parliament for Princess Ingrid Alexandra to have a dress allowance as well as money for an office with clerical staff? What's going on? Why is there no money for new gowns for the princess?

Because the princess herself is a big fan of sustainability and requested it exactly this way. No one in her family wore a new gown, and neither did some of the guests.

Last edited:
She looked lovely tonight. Nice color and dress was clearly adult but also youthful.

And the blue dress reminds me of my wedding dress (in shape - of course in a different colour and it had pearls embroidered). Are their any pictures of the back?

Last edited:
Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Fashion & Style Part 1: January 2022 -

I love both the dresses and the fact that she recycled her mother's dress. Looks better on her.
The official dress is perfect as it exemplifies the colors of Norway which suit her.

Agreed. She wears the dress better.

Both dresses are just beautiful on her. They suit her nicely, are lovely colors. Youthful, but grown up dresses. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingrid is rather stylish and vintage and sustainable is a good thing. Now when is she planning to wear something her mother hasn't yet worn?
I thought she looked very regal in her mother's deep blue gown, more to the point, it suited her or she carried herself fare better than her mother did. As to the ball gown, the same applies. She looked far more comfortable in her own skin so to speak and the colour really worked for her warming her complexion where it had drained her mother of colour.

As for wearing vintage? Looking back on some of the gowns worn by their mothers, go for it. Couture is couture, vintage yes but old-fashioned? Never! (Just think of how magnificent Princess Beatrice's "wedding dress" looked or how gorgeous Princess Madeleine's wedding dance dress looked on her). The further you go back, the more elegance and style rule, not to mention the magnificent details that are too expensive to consider, especially with the world in a pandemic and facing a worldwide recession.

Having a lot of money doesn't mean one should use it brainlessly:whistling:.

Ingrid emphasized environmental sustainability since her confirmation, and her fashion choices in the birthday event earlier this year shows her dedication as well. And I think she chose the right and perfect gown that suits her from her mother's wardrobe. Honestly gald she chose these classic regal gown rather than these ruffles dress M-M preferred lately:D.

She wore a new gown to Deichman event and already there are comments in the press that it was expensive and not norwegian…. Rewearing clothes that has been worn once or twice and is classic is just common sense as long as they fit properly, which they do. It saves her alot of articles in the press of what her wardrobe costs.

From the first ten years as Cp Mette - Marit has lots of beautiful Classic clothes that can be worn with smal alterrrations, its the last ten years she is so into nightgowns and prarie dresses with high necks which dont suit such a young girl.

Last edited:
She wore a new gown to Deichman event and already there are comments in the press that it was expensive and not norwegian…. Rewearing clothes that has been worn once or twice and is classic is just common sense as long as they fit properly, which they do. It saves her alot of articles in the press of what her wardrobe costs.

From the first ten years as Cp Mette - Marit has lots of beautiful Classic clothes that can be worn with smal alterrrations, its the last ten years she is so into nightgowns and prarie dresses with high necks which dont suit such a young girl.
I agree! I think the cut of the dress was very much appropriate (unlike the Princess of Orange whose dress was an elegant, beautiful one, but was way too mature for her) for her age. She looked regal and properly dressed for an official occasion with many foreign heads of state and norwegian politicians present.
A dress like Elisabeth of Belgium chose just wouldn´t work for Princess Ingrid.
Rewearing dresses, which all norwegian royal ladies did last night and I guess this was no coincidence, is a modest and sustainable (and by that, worldwide current issue when it comes to global warming, famine etc. which are all issues Ingrid takes great interest in!) thing to do - her paternal grandmother, The Queen, just sometimes exaggerates things here...:whistling:

I agree 100%! Lovely on IA. And these dresses to me are pretty timeless, so I see her wearing them again the the future. Honestly, it must be fun shopping in your Mom's closet!!

I agree with all of you who have noted I-A's reuse of M-Ms gowns. It si good to see these high quaity clothes get a new life. I would love to see ths as the start of a trend amongst the younger royals.

Ah, someone else got a haircut. Nice!

Lovely hair!

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love her new hairstyle and like her outfit choice for the photo.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra visiting the Rikshospitalet University Hospital in Oslo today, December 24:

** Upper part ** gallery **

Sun is bright, water is wet, Ingrid is gorgeous...☀️

The square neckline of that blouse is very flattering. Pity ANP doesn't care to present photos in a larger size.

She is beautiful and it's impossible to go wrong with a square neckline.

Last edited:
More of her summer wardrobe

Pia Tjelta gown and sneakers for Russe Theatre performance
https://pin.it/4fkx7sS

https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/gar-i-mammas-fotspor/78937276

Linnen pants and a white t shirt at the royal yacht vacation
https://www.seher.no/images/79960516.jpg?imageId=79960516&width=570&height=325.5

With a white oversized shirt over
https://www.seher.no/images/7996042...574401665&width=993&height=559&compression=80

And a beige jacket and the same pants
https://www.seher.no/images/7996082...croph=100&width=688&height=939&compression=80

In the norwegian national team outfit for a rainy soccergame
https://www.seher.no/images/7982678...165048544&width=702&height=936&compression=70

Back
Top Bottom