Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Charlene attended the Christmas mass at the college Charles III

PIC

Wonderful choice. One of her best outfits IMO

I really love this dress on her the bag the shoes really gorgeous.

Beautiful and regal look at the Vatician - lets hope for rules of protocal that she was allowed to wear the white rather than it being massive mistake on her part

Charlene looks the part as Princess of Monaco

Beautiful and regal look at the Vatician - lets hope for rules of protocal that she was allowed to wear the white rather than it being massive mistake on her part

Charlene looks the part as Princess of Monaco

From what I know, the privilege to wear white while meeting the Pope is normally reserved for Catholic Queens.

The Vatican convention is that females meeting the Pontiff should wear black, preferably with a black veil, or mantilla.

So I don't know how does it look with Charlene, who is not a Queen.

Maybe those who are concerned about Charlene wearing white could send a tweet to the Pope. If the assumption is being made that protocol has been violated isn't it just as easy to assume that the Pope has extended the privilege du blanc? Why assume the worse?

To wear white to a papal audience, however, "is not in good taste," Msgr. De Nicolo said. The only people allowed to do so, he said, are Catholic kings, queens and other reigning Catholic royalty.

Last edited:
I don't believe for one second that PC would have worn white without permission. There is no way the Monaco Royals, or any Royals for that matter, would risk good relations with another State like that, especially in the case of Monaco the Vatican, it just would not happen.

Last edited:
The outfit is lovely, indeed. The combination of lace(crochet?) and white material is nicely done.

It just doesn't make sense to me that Princess Charlene would break the VERY important black dress code BUT stick to wearing a mantilla! Plus Charlene always stays on the safe side when it comes to official visits, which make me quite sure that she's permitted to wear white!
She may wear a not-so-princess-appropriate dresses in a gala or two, but definetly not in an official visit to an important place to Monaco as a country like Vatican!

Love the white outfit! Very elegant and regal.

Thanks Melina. Charlene looked lovely and obviously was appropriately dressed now that we know The Vatican has extended the privilege du blanc to all Catholic princesses. It was a good day for her and Monaco.

To wear white to a papal audience, however, "is not in good taste," Msgr. De Nicolo said. The only people allowed to do so, he said, are Catholic kings, queens and other reigning Catholic royalty.

Last edited:
A video on royal correspondant and the answer to the questions about the white dress of Charlène, the press office of the vatican said that all the queens and princesses were allowed to wear white, I hope that some critics will stop

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI Holds an Audience with TSHs Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco. (VIDEO) | The Royal Correspondent

YES. ! I just knew that Charlene didn't act without permission.

She looked truly elegant in her beautiful outfit. ! :flowers:

I think its only Catholic queens and princesses can wear white, so Charlene qualifies.

Absolutely beautiful dress, mantilla, shoes and bag. The dress length is perfect for her and the loose belt and crochet flollowing through on the lace is really perfect.

Seriously???? UGGHHHH the whole thing is hideous. Best thing I can say is hmmm, loose belt. Where do people go to buy/have made those AWFUL mantillas? There must be some official vatican mantilla shop. QEII had the best one, along with Pss Grace, but they were only redeemed by having a whopper of a tiara with them!

Absolutely beautiful dress, mantilla, shoes and bag. The dress length is perfect for her and the loose belt and crochet flollowing through on the lace is really perfect.

Yes, it really was the perfect outfit for a Catholic Princess to wear for her first audiance with The Pope. Quite beautiful really.

:previous:
I agree; the entire ensemble looks elegant and appropriate.

I think this is one of Charlene's best moments as Princess of Monaco

This outfit is stunning and blends contemporary fashion with traditional attire for the Vatican visit. :flowers:

She Looks Nice ,, her Outfit plain but good ,,, The thing I’m not like is the veil very dull ,,, she should wear other one , which is soft & simple !

Seriously???? UGGHHHH the whole thing is hideous. Best thing I can say is hmmm, loose belt. Where do people go to buy/have made those AWFUL mantillas? There must be some official vatican mantilla shop. QEII had the best one, along with Pss Grace, but they were only redeemed by having a whopper of a tiara with them!
I seem to usually agree with your take on things but in this case I think the knit outfit which resembles a casual belted cardigan, is made super elegant with the intricate lace-work in the front of the dress. I love the juxtaposition of the two. It is not traditional but seems to work.
However, any reason to sport a tiara is wise, imo.

I love the white ensemble. Charlene looks very elegant.

One of Charlene's most elegant appearances. She looks beautiful in the natural light.

This is an elegant look. Its by Dior. It fits well and she does look good in it.

January 17, 2013 - Charlene attending the Opening ceremony of the 37th Monte Carlo International Circus Festival in Monaco. Charlene wearing a brown leather skirt matched with a brown coat and a brown top. In many other pictures it looks black so not really sure whether its black or brown.

I think the coat is lovely, never have been fond of leather skirts.

Full View ** Close up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom