Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What fun! A summery beauty look on her. No one else could pull this off. She continues to develop a fashion niche for herself. And I like it.

I'm struck by Charlene's poise in the photos from the Diamond League event. She is very much a lady who is now confident in her appearance - how she has blossomed . The necklace is an inspired choice, lifting the gown from what would have been a little overwhelming block of colour. What I love about her style is how she mixes things up and can always surprise us. At this same event over the years, I recall she has worn a blazer and trousers and a simple shift dress and now we have an almost Grecian style gown.

It's awful. Looks like she took a swath of fabric and draped it over her shoulder. She looks washed out. :eek:

Dress is fantastic, the style I have come to expect, not housewife. Color us sensational on her :flowers:

But the collar just looks weird with the dress.

I don't want to like it because it all seems too much -- the beaded collar, all that fabric and the colour... BUT, strangely, I love it! Only she can pull off something like this, and which is why her fashion choices are so interesting to follow. She looks so good in bright colours!
[emoji1305]

Only someone with her carriage and height can carry such a dress and jewellery and look magnificient and every inch a princess!!! Her swanlike neck asks for such striking jewellery. Her slightly longer hair gives her a more feminine look. I think that there is no other European princess that could wear such an ensemble and look as magnificient as Charlene.

I liked her look, the green dress is lovely and nice shade on her. The one thing I didn't like about her look was her makeup, she looked pale, washed out and looked like she forgot eye makeup.

I don't like the dress or the collar the collar is lovely ... her look has become hit or miss IMO

Beautiful dress and collar, Princess Charlene was very elegant and classy

She is one of the most elegant of the princesses of the royalty

I like the green on her and the dress is gorgeous. The collar is also gorgeous but it does look odd with the dress.
Charlene is looking really happy and confident this past year or two. I remember when she first married Albert sometimes she looked so uncertain and almost like she wanted to fade into the background. She's developed a real presence though - it's like someone has reminded her she's a tall, naturally graceful, classically beautiful blonde and she's decided to own it!

^^^ previous

Well said...I agree!

The circumstances (a sports stadium) in combination with the green dress was a bit strange. Spectacular dress. The collar was better not worn, it only disturbed the nice and elegant flow of the dress, in my personal opinion. Good to see Charlène again.

That red dress on Charlene is gorgeous and she has two very cute little accessories with her too ?

As usual, red is an amazing colour on her. Her hair is fabulous - I love it. I have high hopes for tomorrow's appearance at the Red Cross Gala now.

The dress is exquisite and suits Charlene very well. It's lovely they brought the twins with them.

The Princess of Monaco at her gorgeous, glamorous best-I'm loving it!

P Charlene looks amazing: not only in a stunning dress, but also happy, healthy and suntanned.

I think this is also a very beautiful pic of P Jacques, smiling away. His shirt has the logo of the expedition.

It's a beautiful dress, but seems an odd choice for this event.

Beautiful gown and colour on Princess Charlene,plus her hair looks so much better with a bit of lenght in it and less severe looking.

Not a fan of this on her. I like the color but not the style.

LaRae

I don't like jump suits on anyone.

I do like how she finds ways to experiment with her short hair, though, and I love this spiky style. I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to change styles much with hair that short but she proves me wrong.

P Albert must have gone weak in the knees at the sight of his wife in this outfit! Absolutely breathtaking! Versace, I believe.

But maybe I would prefer her hair styled differently: still off her face, but a little softer, like at the Herculis meeting.

I do like her make up which is not too dramatic.

P Albert must have gone weak in the knees at the sight of his wife in this outfit! Absolutely breathtaking! Versace, I believe.

But maybe I would prefer her hair styled differently: still off her face, but a little softer, like at the Herculis meeting.

I do like her make up which is not too dramatic.

Yes - in a year when we have seen a lot of red lip, this was a lovely pink.

And JMO, but if I cannot tell it is pants without seeing a photo of her walking, then it avoids all the "jumpsuit" issues that most of us loathe.

I also think there has been a major callback in fashion to deco looks. The beading on this is IMO Deco. So it's trendy and maybe not everyone's taste. But not a train wreck, given that context.

^^^ previous

Yes, I agree. At first glance it does not look like a jumpsuit at all. Much less than the red one she wore 2 years (?) ago. It is so wide at the bottom and if it falls softly then one cannot see a jumpsuit at all. She seems to like this style since their civil wedding. And whether it is a jumpsuit or a gown she still looks spectacular.

Really not my taste but....

I cannot deny that she is drop dead strikingly glamorous in that outfit. How could she not be? Charlene checks all the boxes and would look great in a burlap sack.

The problem is that she looks like a starlet on the red carpet who is trying way, way too hard to make an impression, not like the glamorous but ELEGANT Serene Highness of Monaco that has blown me away for the last six years.:ermm:

Oh well. I bet she got everyone's attention her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom