Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 12: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, did Beatrice really know that the party was going to be that bad? :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, did Beatrice really know that the party was going to be that bad? :ermm:

"BloodLust Ball" what on earth did Princess Beatrice think that title meant? Perhaps she should be getting on with her English Studies if she didn´t.:whistling:

Naturally we've only seen the "outrageous" pics, but none of Beatrice & Dave doing anything outrageous.

It's nothing new for Royals to attend parties where there have been unseemly goings-on; what's new is for us to see photos of it happening.

I think Beatrice looks good, and I hope they both had an enjoyable time.

To me, it sounds like the name of a Hallowe'en party, nothing more. I heartily dislike Hallowe'en, by the way, with its emphasis on death and evil; and I've have preferred that Beatrice stays home and studies more than she seems to.

"BloodLust Ball" what on earth did Princess Beatrice think that title meant? Perhaps she should be getting on with her English Studies if she didn´t.:whistling:

I don´t like Halloween either but there are lots of people who do. I had to laugh at this comment

[quote from the Daily Mail comments] I know I'll get bashed for this but why does Beatrice always look like a startled squirrel? I've never seen a picture of her with her mouth shut.
- Kate, San
Poor Beatrice, a startled Goth squirrel. Actually she doesn´t look that bad, well when you see the photos of the other guests she looks very good indeed.....

I thought she and the boyfriend looked rather tame but the company they keep (couple of questionable girls there with their bits and pieces poking out) will come back to haunt them.

(Oh, I just realized that was rather a bad pun. . . . )
:ermm:

I thought she and the boyfriend looked rather tame but the company they keep (couple of questionable girls there with their bits and pieces poking out) will come back to haunt them.

(Oh, I just realized that was rather a bad pun. . . . )
:ermm:
:ohmy: Compared to the other outfits, Beatrice was dressed in a very subdued manner! As for those bits and pieces, the pictures will come back to haunt them... Whoooooo:witch::vampire:

There is nothing evil associated with Halloween, apart from perhaps the film industry and those that buy into it. I detest Trick or Treating, an import for some in the UK. The true meaning of Halloween seems to have been lost for many!
The origins of Hallowe'en date back over 2000 years to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in).This festival, which means the end of summer, celebrated the end of harvest and the beginning of the Celtic new year on November 1st
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/holydays/halloween.shtml

Today on Hola on line there is this nice pic of Beatrice, taken on her first day at Goldsmith's College, on September 25 2008.

This is a lovely photo. It is too bad that we don't see more like this on a regular basis. I do understand that there is nothing sordid or dramatic about this, so it won't be worth as much money; however, I think this photo is a refreshing change.

That is the best picture I have seen of her for years, or thinking back a bit perhaps since she was born. If she sticks to classic young girls outfits like this and leaves the other very doubtful looks she has had behind she will be quite pretty. She has lovely skin and colouring and should stay away from any fashion that is "wierd and wonderful" and the "rage". Classic for her but not old classic, young girl classic.
Also try to control that "squirrel" look.

Well said, and I fully agree. Thats said, it is very rare for any of the mother and daughter team to be dressed in anything classic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, giov. I think Pss B looks great, actually. But then I'm partial to black and the pale look. I LOVE Halloween!!! My fave holiday of the year. I suppose it doesn't help that my b. day is the day before so I've always had Halloween-themed parties. It's fun and frivilous. Death is a part of life, why not have fun w it? I agree the whole Celtic meaning behind Halloween has become lost, tho there's a renewed interest in the "history" of it. As for B & The bf, they are def. dressed more tame than some of the other guests.

In a book Sarah wrote when Beatrice was in her young teens, her mother said that the press in Bea's life was something "she bears gracefully but doesn't pretend to enjoy." In these video clips Beatrice handles what is a very lot of media attention very well.

She looks very good in these photos--she is a beautiful girl, she just chooses bad clothing. But, she seems to have found more flattering clothing.
I hope she is enjoying school--that's an exciting time in a young person's life.

I can see in these clips what Sarah means. All in all, Beatrice seems to handle the press very well. She's polite but not overly-friendly.:)

In a book Sarah wrote when Beatrice was in her young teens, her mother said that the press in Bea's life was something "she bears gracefully but doesn't pretend to enjoy." In these video clips Beatrice handles what is a very lot of media attention very well.

I suppose my problem, Bella, is more with the themes of violent death and dismemberment that accompanies this time of year. My background is Celtic, but I certainly don't admire my ancestor's ancient past. :ermm:
Yikes! Mine is too and you're right, they did some not very nice things - to both ppl and poor animals. Thank goodness we've come a long way from that! Well, most of us.

Here's a thought, just out of the blue, in the world of equality, are PB and PE planning to do some from of military service when they've completed their degrees, as their cousins PW and PH have done

Thanks Ice and giov for the photo links of the ball. I think Pss B looks very nice. The gown is def. flattering to her figure and I like the style and color. Sarah looks pretty good, too (tho that whole make-up thing did look weird). Even the bf looked okay.

You are most welcome :flowers:

It would have surprised me if the evening had ended without
an "after-show-party" for Beatrice ;), so here are the pics
that show that I was right ;)

31 10 08 London : Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark
leaving Whisky Mist where they partied until 03:00

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for the pics iceflower The photographers are on a mission to catch Beatrice and / or Eugenie, coming out of nightclubs and parties

That is a bit amusing, not for Beatrice and Eugenie though, an undercover mission to take pictures of the two princesses coming out of night clubs.

Pics 29.10.2008

You are welcome, ada :flowers:

Some pics from last week:
Princess Beatrice out and about, London, Britain - 29 Oct 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom