Princess Alexandra to Marry Martin Jørgensen: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a suprising piece of news. congratulations to them although it is quiet soon isn't it?

A question to our Danish members

I would appreciate it if you'd be so kind as to inform me if in anywhere in the Danish media, was there a statement to the fact that 'Having the Elephant does not give access to state functions and the Lord Chamberlain has said that Alexandra will not be invited to such functions'?

I have heard of it from a Danish person, and I find such a statement by the Lord Chamberlain to be extraordinary.

If any one could provide me for a reference for that statement, I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks in advance:)

What a suprise! Congratulation for both of them.

Frothy said:
Ysbel, I agree. There may be something to that - that Martin is a convenient husband for this time in her life. Frankly, women age faster than men and therefore to me a woman being 14 years older is not a recipe for long-term success.

That must not be true. Men who select older women age with them, those who prefer younger ones are bound to exchange them for a younger "model" when their wifes grow older. If the woman is older, the age gap "grows with" them instead of against them as is the custom with men prefering younger women. That's why so many marriages with an older woman work.

hofburg said:
I would appreciate it if you'd be so kind as to inform me if in anywhere in the Danish media, was there a statement to the fact that 'Having the Elephant does not give access to state functions and the Lord Chamberlain has said that Alexandra will not be invited to such functions'?

I have heard of it from a Danish person, and I find such a statement by the Lord Chamberlain to be extraordinary.

If any one could provide me for a reference for that statement, I'd be truly grateful.

I've read that somewhere recently, too. I was a bit surprised, because it was pointed out around the divorce that she would continue to be invited to these functions because of the order of the elephant, at least.

But the article I read mentioned that the Queen's cousins, who also have the order, were not usually invited to these function.

I really wish I could remember where it was I'd read it.

norwegianne said:
I've read that somewhere recently, too. I was a bit surprised, because it was pointed out around the divorce that she would continue to be invited to these functions because of the order of the elephant, at least.

But the article I read mentioned that the Queen's cousins, who also have the order, were not usually invited to these function.

I really wish I could remember where it was I'd read it.

Thank you so much for replying.

If you happen to remember, please let me know:)

hofburg said:

Sadly, I cannot provide you with a link, hofburg, but I can tell as much as, according to protocol, the only function at which one can attend in your capacity of Knight of the Order of the Elephant, is the New Year's Court for the three ranks of Denmark (Knights of the Order of the Elephant being in the first rank). Thus, HH Princess Alexandra can go to the Court every January if she wishes to, but other than that, one does not merit invitations "merely" by having the Elephant!

/Lasse

My best wishes to Alexandra. I will miss seeing pictures of her - very elegant and smiling - at functions. I hope everything goes well for her in the future.

If the Princes are still to stay with her for most of the time, I can only presume that Queen Margrethe approves of Martin, as she would not leave them under the influence of someone she thought unsuitable. They are still going to be 5th and 6th in line to the throne, even when the new baby arrives.

Congratulations to Alexandra!! Do you think Alexandra will still wish to be in the 'public eye' after her marriage? I'm sure the press will still follow her no matter what she does. It will be sad not to see her in all her regal finery at State functions but maybe she has a bigger plan for herself and will reveal her plans at a later time. I'm sure being Royal is wonderful but quite a bit constricting.

Lasse Pedersen said:
Sadly, I cannot provide you with a link, hofburg, but I can tell as much as, according to protocol, the only function at which one can attend in your capacity of Knight of the Order of the Elephant, is the New Year's Court for the three ranks of Denmark (Knights of the Order of the Elephant being in the first rank). Thus, HH Princess Alexandra can go to the Court every January if she wishes to, but other than that, one does not merit invitations "merely" by having the Elephant!

/Lasse

Thank you for clearing that one up, Lasse:)

I

angiep said:
Congratulations to Alexandra!! Do you think Alexandra will still wish to be in the 'public eye' after her marriage?

I think that she is putting a sign with her marriage to end her Royal Career and to start something new. In my opinion she will continue her charity work, but won't attend royal events anymore. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many private citizens attend royal events so why not Alexandra. She is the mother of the Queen's two oldest grand children and is much closer related than for example the Maersk family that is ever present at many functions.

Lasse Pedersen said:

/Lasse

That makes sense I believe. Didn't Alexandra attend the last New Years Court in her capacity as Knight of the Order of the Elephant and not as Princess Alexandra?

If she only has one royal event to go to a year, the New Years court is the most grand, elegant, and regal, IMO.

there aren't many princesses that i like but princess alexandra is definitely on top of my list.

congratulations to both of them

Will Princess Alexandra still be able to wear her tiara after she marries again? Or can you only wear it if you have the title princess? For instance, will she be able to wear it to the January gala?

will joachim still see his sons.and i think it is wrong to let the boys call
martin dad
billie-jo

billie-jo said:
will joachim still see his sons.and i think it is wrong to let the boys call
martin dad
billie-jo
Of course he'll still see his sons - Alexandra and Joachim have joint custody.

As far as I can tell, the boys aren't calling Martin Dad.

royaltywatcher said:
Will Princess Alexandra still be able to wear her tiara after she marries again? Or can you only wear it if you have the title princess? For instance, will she be able to wear it to the January gala?

According to the chief chamberlain of the danish court the tiara is a personal gift to Alexandra and she is free to sell it if she wants... I have written the same information in the 'Princess Alexandra jewels thread'...

:)

ysbel said:
That makes sense I believe. Didn't Alexandra attend the last New Years Court in her capacity as Knight of the Order of the Elephant and not as Princess Alexandra?

If she only has one royal event to go to a year, the New Years court is the most grand, elegant, and regal, IMO.

HH Princess Alexandra attended the New Year's Court and Banquet on January 1 as a princess.

The Court which HH Princess Alexandra may attend in the future, is not the grand court and banquet held on the evening of January 1, but that of January 4 at which officers from the Defence and the Civil Defence Forces, members of the First, Second and Third Rank and invited representatives of major national associations and royal patronages greet HM The Queen and TRH The Prince Consort and The Crown Prince at Christiansborg Palace.

As a Knight of the Order of the Elephant, and thus a member of the First Rank, Princess Alexandra is free to choose whether she wants to attend this event or not. Moreover, the fact that she has the Elephant, means that, after her wedding to Mr. Jørgensen, she will still hold the title of "Her Excellency", as do all other 'Elephant keepers":).

/Lasse

Lasse Pedersen said:
HH Princess Alexandra attended the New Year's Court and Banquet on January 1 as a princess.

The Court which HH Princess Alexandra may attend in the future, is not the grand court and banquet held on the evening of January 1, but that of January 4 at which officers from the Defence and the Civil Defence Forces, members of the First, Second and Third Rank and invited representatives of major national associations and royal patronages greet HM The Queen and TRH The Prince Consort and The Crown Prince at Christiansborg Palace.

As a Knight of the Order of the Elephant, and thus a member of the First Rank, Princess Alexandra is free to choose whether she wants to attend this event or not. Moreover, the fact that she has the Elephant, means that, after her wedding to Mr. Jørgensen, she will still hold the title of "Her Excellency", as do all other 'Elephant keepers":).

/Lasse

But why was Maersk Mc Møller then invited 1. january just because he has the elephant. He is not a prince?

Oh my! this was unexpected news, but i´m happy for Alexandra and hope that she and Martin will be happy. I really hope that she doesn´t sell her tiara but pass it over to one of her sons some day so that the jewels stays in the family.

Sophus said:
According to the chief chamberlain of the danish court the tiara is a personal gift to Alexandra and she is free to sell it if she wants... I have written the same information in the 'Princess Alexandra jewels thread'...

:)

Thank you for the answer. I hope she doesn't sell it; I think that would put her at odds with the royal family.

But can she wear it now? Would it be appropriate? Can anybody wear a tiara or do you have to be a princess?

royaltywatcher said:
Thank you for the answer. I hope she doesn't sell it; I think that would put her at odds with the royal family.

But can she wear it now? Would it be appropriate? Can anybody wear a tiara or do you have to be a princess?

anyone can wear a tiara. Maxima wore one to a state dinner before her wedding. Elizabeth Taylor wore one sometimes. Elton John has a big "white tie and tiara" party every year that all sorts of non royal, non noble women show up to in tiaras.

wow...i'm rather stunned by the news, although she's been seeing martin, i really didn't think she'll remarry so soon - or at all. there's alot at stakes for her with this remarriage.

but my heartest congrats and i hope she'll find happiness with her second marriage.

i am worryed about the boys , joachim is their father for ever.
and marthin will be the step father not the father.and hope
alexandra doe's the right think.
billie-jo

billie-jo said:
i am worryed about the boys , joachim is their father for ever.
and marthin will be the step father not the father.and hope
alexandra doe's the right think.
billie-jo

I don't understand what you're saying. Do you think Alexandra and Martin will keep Joachim from seeing his children? I don't see any reason to be worried about the boys....they seem to be just fine.

their getting married on March 3rd? whoohoo, two days after my birthday, that means i won't forget to watch for it...on the internet and on the news, if there is any.

Just wondering if the royal family will be invited to her wedding? Specially Prince Joachim??

amina1 said:
Just wondering if the royal family will be invited to her wedding? Specially Prince Joachim??

Why would Joachim want to see his ex-wife marry another man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom