Princess Alexandra of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: April 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's a bit crass how prince Joachim and his family had to move to France and then the US, and have the children hand in their titles and name, while the king's old aunt and her children are still performing duties and being invited. And this while Joachim & Marie have always done their best and been of service.

LOL, isn't the Nobel Prize for Literature considered the Nobel Prize for Literature?

Does anyone know how Princess Alexandra came to be involved? It's interesting how Princess Benedikte's children have been involved in several events recently. (I'm thinking of Gustav appearing at the events connected to the Nordic center in Germany.)
Yes, apologies for the confusion. This particular award, the Hans Christian Andersen Literature Award is not considered the Nobel of Literature.

Who knew there are more than one HC Christian Andersen Award.
This one is for children, "frequently referred to as the "Little Nobel Prize," the Hans Christian Andersen Medal is awarded biennially to the living author and illustrator whose complete works have made a lasting contribution to children's literature."

IBBY Hans Christian Andersen Award - USBBY

Last edited:
Does anyone know how Princess Alexandra came to be involved? It's interesting how Princess Benedikte's children have been involved in several events recently. (I'm thinking of Gustav appearing at the events connected to the Nordic center in Germany.)
I researched without any clear answer why Princess Alexandra is presenting the Hans Christian Andersen Literature Award. Other than Queen Margrethe was previously a patron but stepped down in 2022 it's possible Queen Mary has taken on the patronage or perhaps Princess Benedikte.

Back
Top Bottom