Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently, Gloria kept all of those crazy, fashion pieces.
Today, at a wedding or some other function, one of the daughters will appear in one of Gloria's old hats or a piece of her jewellery from the fun days.

I don't know what the two girls are wearing sometimes it's tasteless and quite horrid..same goes for albert!I hesitate sometimes wether they are completely colorblind or just that crazy but I have to say that Gloria and her sister Maya are probably the best dress from the whole family clan but still it is nothing that I would ever find or describe as glamorous.

For those who can read German; BILD zeitung has an interview with Fuerstin Gloria. Though she is ultra catholic these days (to 'pay' for her sins in the 80-ties? ;)) she had no objection in being interviewed in bed.

Article in German here.

Gloria is more on the bed than 'in' the bed, but nonetheless she is still wearing her impressive pearls. :)

Gloria is more on the bed than 'in' the bed, but nonetheless she is still wearing her impressive pearls. :)

And actually she suggested to take a photo showing her on waterskies ...
the bed was the idea of the magazine:

Der Fotograf wird unruhig. Nicht wegen des Themas, sondern wegen des fehlenden Motivs. Gloria schlägt vor, sie beim Wasserskifahren zu fotografieren. Gegenvorschlag: im Bett! Kurzes, sehr kurzes Zögern. Dann, natürlich, Lachen. „Gehen Sie schon mal ins Schlafzimmer vor, ich komme nach . . .“ Nach einer Viertelstunde hat BamS-Fotograf Niels Starnick die Bilder, die er wollte. Die Fürstin drängt auf Themenwechsel . . .

Quote out of the interview

For someone whos husband was openly gay, Gloria is remarkably ignorant and hypocritical about homosexuality and AIDS.

I'm glad that someone finally mentions this... the Thurn & Taxis marriage was a good (and decent, considering the fact that no-one was deceived) deal for both partners.
When the Prince died, his young boyfriend of many years was mourning him as well as his wife, and that was widely reported in the German press back then.
I have no idea why Princess Gloria now feels the need to spin fairytales (also talking about her marriage) and create such a weird image of herself far removed from reality in interviews and on national TV.

Hi. This is my first post!

Here is a random fact I can across. According to Guinness World Records 2000, "the biggest non-palatial residence in the world is St. Emmeram Castle in Regensburg, Germany, which has 517 rooms and a total floor area of 231,000 sq. feet. It was once owned by Prince Johannes von Thurn und Taxis, whose family used only 95 of the rooms. The castle is valued at more than $202 million."

Have they sold this castle? I thought that they sold this one due to the taxes. Either way, it is very impressive and beautiful.

Given the information on this website Thurn und Taxis: Welcome, it may safely be said that St. Emmeram Castle in Regensburg still belongs to the Thurn und Taxis family. Furthermore, Furtsin Gloria did manage to preserve the castle and improve financial situation. Although dated June 17, 2002, this artcile http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/02_24/b3787643.htm gives an idea on how Furtsin Gloria dealt with situation after her husband's death in 1990.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clarification, Al Bina. I was watching a television program on young royals, and Gloria's son was featured. There was some discussion about the family selling many of its possessions, including a home. I must have confused this castle with the home that was sold. I didn't catch the name of the home that was sold, and assumed it was the one mentioned in the Guinness book.:flowers:

For someone whos husband was openly gay, Gloria is remarkably ignorant and hypocritical about homosexuality and AIDS.
Especially because despite her conspicuous traditional catholicism, Princess Gloria has been widely reported to enjoy more than a friendship with Princess Borghese.

Especially because despite her conspicuous traditional catholicism, Princess Gloria has been widely reported to enjoy more than a friendship with Princess Borghese.

This has been hinted at for the longest time indeed. There was a remarkable slip of tongue during the TV program with the Cardinal when Princess Gloria spoke about herself and Princess Borghese in Rome: "I was standing in front of the Vatican with Alessandra and other married couples..."
Keeping her private life to herself would be one thing, but presenting her private life past and present very publicly in a different light from reality and creating standards for mankind from this fabrication is quite a different matter. It's certain to invite justified criticism, and I don't comprehend why she feels the need to do so.

Do as I say, not as I do, pretty much sums it up.

I've removed some posts containing comments verging on the defamatory. Expressing opinions on Princess Gloria's recent public statements is acceptable; second-guessing her personal attitudes to her late husband and her marriage etc is not.

thanks,
Warren
German moderator

This has been hinted at for the longest time indeed. There was a remarkable slip of tongue during the TV program with the Cardinal when Princess Gloria spoke about herself and Princess Borghese in Rome: "I was standing in front of the Vatican with Alessandra and other married couples..."
Keeping her private life to herself would be one thing, but presenting her private life past and present very publicly in a different light from reality and creating standards for mankind from this fabrication is quite a different matter. It's certain to invite justified criticism, and I don't comprehend why she feels the need to do so.

From:Besuch in Rom - Fürstin Gloria scherzt über Inquisition - Leben & Stil - sueddeutsche.de

Fuerstin Gloria claims in this article: Abgesehen davon werde ihr zu Unrecht eine Beziehung zu ihrer Freundin Alessandra Borghese unterstellt.

In English: on dining in a chinese restaurant in Rome with people from Regensburg after an audience with the pope Gloria said that the rumours are wrong who claim that she has had a homosexual relationship with her firend Alessandra Borghese. OTOH she said she wished the inquisition on all those people who asked for female priest in the Catholic church and that she would be the first to put fire to the stake which should be the fate for those people.

So as one of the ladies in public marked these rumours as lies we should treat them as such. Gloria has enough well-established things know about her to either like or dislike her. We need not speculate about her private life to make up our mind about her. IMHO, of course.

Also Alessandra Borghese said in an intervew that those were only rumours.
Ok, that is their business, anyways I have never heard or read about any Alessandra Borghese's male partner since many years ago.
Maybe she is very good at keeping her private life secret!

I wonder if yours was a Freudian slip Jo when you wrote "after her audience with the Pope Gloria" then went on to say about her wanting to have a little private Inquisition.
Nothing meant by this except it made me smile....

Also Alessandra Borghese said in an intervew that those were only rumours.
Ok, that is their business, anyways I have never heard or read about any Alessandra Borghese's male partner since many years ago.
Maybe she is very good at keeping her private life secret!

Alessandra Borghese tries to live her life according to the catholic rules, she claims. These are: no marriage, no sex. Thus it's quite possible that she simply has no partner. ;)

Alessandra Borghese tries to live her life according to the catholic rules, she claims. These are: no marriage, no sex. Thus it's quite possible that she simply has no partner. ;)

Yes, she was so shocked after the marriage with Kostantin Niarchos, that she choose this life...

Also the Catholic extremists date men, get married and have sex (after the wedding of course!), unless they have made a vow of chastity.;)
I do not want to say that I believe they are homosexual, but I have never heard a gossip on any male partner in the last years.
Yes, she was so shocked after the marriage with Kostantin Niarchos, that she choose this life...
She didn't choose this life after her marriage with Kostantin, but years after. She had other boyfriends after Kostantin, Giovanni Agnelli Jr. included.
She is so proud of her affair with Agnelli that she wrote about it even in the back cover of one of the books she wrote.

I grew up in a very catholic family where much stranger things have happened due to belief: we have to offer nuns, monks, priests, oblates, eternal virgins, even a birth "immaculata" (proven by the doctors). So for whatever reason she chose a chaste life - may she be happy with it.

I grew up in a very catholic family where much stranger things have happened due to belief: we have to offer nuns, monks, priests, oblates, eternal virgins, even a birth "immaculata" (proven by the doctors). So for whatever reason she chose a chaste life - may she be happy with it.

I also come from a Catholic family and we have our contribution to the Church with bishops, cardinals, etc, but I am always surprised from these changes of mind...

It sounds to me like her intimate life has been filled with nothing but drama and difficulty. I can understand why chastity would appeal to her. I certainly wouldn't want to live life in this fashion, nor would I advocate this, but if it makes her happy, then good luck to her.

Pics from Getty
Countess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis poses during the Audio CD presentation named 'Pope Benedict XVI' at the Dussmann shopping center on October 18, 2008 in Berlin, Germany.

http://i38.tinypic.com/287dslf.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2n8v5a8.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/33k5bbk.jpg

Publicist Henryk M. Broder, Monsignore Wilhelm Imkamp, leader of Maria Vesperbild, a vilage and pilgramage location, Countess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and TV producer and author Ingo Langner

http://i36.tinypic.com/10h2e8k.jpg

:previous: thanks for the pictures giov! Gloria looks beautiful and happy as always! :flowers:

Anyone interested in some more older pics of the family?
I've found several ones in old magazines, for example
these from 1983 shortly before the birth of Albert :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

iceflower,
Thanks for sharing photos!:flowers:
Well... Furstin Gloria had a frumpy clothes period by wearing totally unflattering, yet comfortable outfits paired with her usual favourite such as pearls. Although unsophisticated, Furstin Gloria seemed sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom