Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: December 1-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big fan of the black jacket over the skirt but the skirt itself is beautiful.

Prince Charles during the inauguration of the Klosters bypass. The heir to the British throne is on an official visit to Switzerland where he comes every year to ski.

from anp and getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 56399149.jpg
    56399149.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 56399173.jpg
    56399173.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Prince Charles during the inauguration of the Klosters bypass. The heir to the British throne is on an official visit to Switzerland where he comes every year to ski.

Thank you fanletizia, I havn't seen anything on this so far:)

It isnt one of the Duchess best outfits but I think she pulled it off and it is very lovely. I love the skirt. The color is to die for and it is very nice but the jacket is still on shaky grounds with me. I thought she would wear a new outfit. I respect her for recycling clothes but I thought with the premier being such a high profile event that she would wear something new. Is the Duchess in Switzerland sking.

Princejonnhy25 said:
It isnt one of the Duchess best outfits but I think she pulled it off and it is very lovely. I love the skirt. The color is to die for and it is very nice but the jacket is still on shaky grounds with me. I thought she would wear a new outfit. I .

Both very nice items just, possibly not together. I thought she would wear something new as well!:)

I'd never heard of Robinson Valentine.....but really like his designs. Who are the other designers Camilla has used? I am drawing a blank but thought she had a few she was using right before and right after her marriage who made some wonderful pieces.

waywellian said:
Skydragon,

Yes, sara1981 is definitely correct - the outfit Camilla wore at the premiere of the Chronicles of Narnia at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday night was the same she wore at the dinner at the White House at the start of November.

It's by her favourite designer, Robinson Valentine. If you're interested, here's a closer view of the beaded jacket: http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/218/1/

Regards,

Joanne :)

maryshawn said:
I'd never heard of Robinson Valentine.....but really like his designs. Who are the other designers Camilla has used? I am drawing a blank but thought she had a few she was using right before and right after her marriage who made some wonderful pieces.

It's Antonia Robinson & Anna Valentine :) . She also uses Armani, Chanel, Versace & Oscar de la Renta. I'm sure there are lots more but, I couldn't find them again. Is it in the fashion threads?:)

Last edited:
That did seem like a lavish spectacle. I love the pictures, princejohnny.

I agree. wish I could have been there. thanks for posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief; The Times really is turning into a tabloid paper.

Well legitimate newspapers are losing profit and readers to all day news channels on tv. So in order to make money they have to turn to gossip and tabloid like news. Shame really.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Well legitimate newspapers are losing profit and readers to all day news channels on tv. So in order to make money they have to turn to gossip and tabloid like news. Shame really.

It has been quite interesting to see how some of the papers have altered a few words to make it sound really dire, you almost imagine Charles in handcuffs, chained in a cell, while others almost stick to the facts!:)

Today the Prince of Wales visited Hotwells Primary School in Bristol. According to Getty Images, the school grow their own fruit and vegetables in the school's garden before they are then used as ingredients for the school dinner.

A selection of the pictures from the Tim Graham Photo Library/Getty Images.

Attachments

• 56419801.jpg
    56419801.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 56419799.jpg
    56419799.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 56419797.jpg
    56419797.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 56419796.jpg
    56419796.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 56419791.jpg
    56419791.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 56419789.jpg
    56419789.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 56419687.jpg
    56419687.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 56419673.jpg
    56419673.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 56419805.jpg
    56419805.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 146
So Prince Charles is being quizzed again. Why can't they let poor Princess Diana rest in peace. She didn't have a happy life and I hate the way they are always 'picking at her bones' so to speak.

The marriage of Charles and Di was a total disaster for all concerned and sometimes the 'right thing' can turn out to be the worst thing. I know they tried to make it work but sometimes it is better to cut losses which they did but not until serious heartache had taken place.

I really wish Diana had lived to find happiness with someone else, however, I do think it unfair that Camilla is blamed all the time for all the unhappiness in the Charles/Diana marriage.

Camilla sounds so unstuffy and down to earth, unlike a lot of the Brit royals and she seems like a genuinely warm, nice woman. I don't begrudge her happiness, she has paid for it many times over, she has earned it.

I think she looks great, not because of the makeup/clothes but because her humour shines out.

I Think this is all getting boring Charles did not murder his wife The thought is totally Idiotic how can her sons move on when these people keep dragging this stuff up

Did Camilla join Charles in Switserland recently. Are they going to have arranged press conferences anymore.

Yea I had no idea they were going to N. Ireland. I knew that Charles said in the past he would love to go with Camilla but I didnt know they were planning it already. And so soon after the Queen visited. A double royal treat for N. Ireland.

I agree; my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw ABC was covering this with the salacious caption "Prince Charles: A Suspect in Princess Diana's Death?" The accompanying story, of course, was simply he had met with officials involved in the inquest. It's enough already. I couldn't fathom why ABC made it a big story. If no one else, let the boys live in peace and put an end to this discussion!:mad:

Royal Fan said:
I Think this is all getting boring Charles did not murder his wife The thought is totally Idiotic how can her sons move on when these people keep dragging this stuff up

Thank you for the clarification. I assume they are well-known british designers? I quite like her taste actually. She looked wonderful in an emerald green dress recently and her clothing for the US trip was appropriate and very pretty. I also find her amusing and down to earth--when she leaned over and asked a reporter who must have accompanied them on the US trip if he was as jet-lagged as he was and then laughed and rolled her eyes--well, she seems approachable and fun to be around!

Skydragon said:
It's Antonia Robinson & Anna Valentine :) . She also uses Armani, Chanel, Versace & Oscar de la Renta. I'm sure there are lots more but, I couldn't find them again. Is it in the fashion threads?:)

Prince of Wales watches as his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, tries out some DJ techniques with members of the Sonic DJ Academy during a visit to the Harbour Commissioner's office in Belfast to meet members of the Princes Trust Monday, Dec. 12, 2005. The royal couple were making a surprise visit to the city in Northern Ireland

from anp and polfoto

Attachments

• 3264141.jpg
    3264141.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 3264144.jpg
    3264144.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 186
  • AP505272_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP505272_guest.jpg.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 156
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Last edited:
DJ Camilla Mixes It Up In Belfast

In her short royal career the Duchess of Cornwall has been learning fast how to charm the crowds. And on Monday all her skills were required as she deejayed at a Prince's Trust reception on a surprise visit to Belfast with the Prince of Wales. On her first trip to Northern Ireland since her marriage, Camilla was invited by her hosts to try her hand at spinning tunes.........
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/12/13/duchesscornwall/

Photos from HELLO magazine

Attachments

• camilla-dop1a.jpg
    camilla-dop1a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 149
  • camilla-dop2a.jpg
    camilla-dop2a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 159
mandyy said:
In her short royal career the Duchess of Cornwall has been learning fast how to charm the crowds. And on Monday all her skills were required as she deejayed at a Prince's Trust reception on a surprise visit to Belfast with the Prince of Wales. On her first trip to Northern Ireland since her marriage, Camilla was invited by her hosts to try her hand at spinning tunes...
Thats great lol, I would never have expected to see a 'DJ Camilla'!

i think it's great that they came over here and fair play to Camilla for trying to DJ lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom