Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor- News & Pictures III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she graduated last may with a bachelor degree in political communications...

I couldn't agree with you more MaryPincessRoyal:)

maryprincessroyal said:
he was so naive, he did want to get closer and closer to QR and KA, no, not a very smart thing to do , i'm afraid, but I think he meant to do the right thing, get married to a Hashemite Princess, showing Abdullah he had done better as his bro had married a PAL girl, who is not loved by every1 in the country, Noor Hamzah as a Queen would have been loved as QA was- but all this made KA alert ,so he shifted the succession, something he would have done anyway, maybe later in time.

Happy Belated Birthday YRH Princess Noor Hamzah!

maryprincessroyal said:
she lived in Madrid.

she is now in madrid or in jordan?
and what is z position of prince hamzah now ? really he is more popular than before.

marmarina said:
she is now in madrid or in jordan?
and what is z position of prince hamzah now ? really he is more popular than before.

how do u know he's more popular than be4e, have u heard it?

maryprincessroyal said:
how do u know he's more popular than be4e, have u heard it?

she was just asking.
Marmarina,nobody knows anything about him anymore.

lil Monkey said:
she was just asking.
Marmarina,nobody knows anything about him anymore.[/QUOTE

i was just asking, i hope that he is more popular.

Right before his father died, a writer for VF interviewing QN said "grown women recognized him when he was out and about driving and would squeal with delight and act like teenagers" (inferring he was so good looking). He seems like such a private man, I can only imagine how uncomfortable he would have been with that! It seems "what you see is what you get" with him and he is going on with his life and duties in a very circumspect manner. I really had never heard much about his popularity or lack thereof in Jordan. It seems to me he is enjoying his time crafting a life of his own with his wife. Whether or not QN was sincere when she said she wanted her son to be able to forge a life of his own choosing, that is what Hamzah seems to want. As King or CP, one is forced to be more public and as time has gone on, I'm not so sure he would've been comfortable with that. In years to come, I'm sure we will be seeing more of him. He has been clear about one thing: Jordan is home and he will do whatever he can when needed to help in anyway he can.

maryshawn said:
Right before his father died, a writer for VF interviewing QN said "grown women recognized him when he was out and about driving and would squeal with delight and act like teenagers" (inferring he was so good looking). He seems like such a private man, I can only imagine how uncomfortable he would have been with that! It seems "what you see is what you get" with him and he is going on with his life and duties in a very circumspect manner. I really had never heard much about his popularity or lack thereof in Jordan. It seems to me he is enjoying his time crafting a life of his own with his wife. Whether or not QN was sincere when she said she wanted her son to be able to forge a life of his own choosing, that is what Hamzah seems to want. As King or CP, one is forced to be more public and as time has gone on, I'm not so sure he would've been comfortable with that. In years to come, I'm sure we will be seeing more of him. He has been clear about one thing: Jordan is home and he will do whatever he can when needed to help in anyway he can.

I agree. And that makes me somehow believe that the move King Abdullah made last November,freeing Hamzah from the title of CP, was Hamzah's own wish,I've heard that but didn't believe it at first,but now it makes sense to me.

lil Monkey said:
I agree. And that makes me somehow believe that the move King Abdullah made last November,freeing Hamzah from the title of CP, was Hamzah's own wish,I've heard that but didn't believe it at first,but now it makes sense to me.

ive heard something like that all five brothers decided it TOGETHER.
is that possible?

i dont know if it was really his wish because his mother QN could have said at larry king or other newspapers that asked her about.
but she said she doesnt know the reason.and she seemed really confuse and really like dont know the real reason.
i cannot imagine that hamza didnt tell her that it was his wish?

Well, King Hussein was always hopeful "family councils" could be held to make such decisions. Perhaps this was putting his wishes in action. I didn't understand Queen Noor's reaction on "Larry King." She must have known the question might be asked yet she kind of stammered before saying something like "well, we (KA and her) haven't spoken of it yet." Sometimes, I wonder if Prince Hamzah becoming CP was more her wish than his.......all in all, it's a good question.
closesttoheaven said:
ive heard something like that all five brothers decided it TOGETHER.
is that possible?

i dont know if it was really his wish because his mother QN could have said at larry king or other newspapers that asked her about.
but she said she doesnt know the reason.and she seemed really confuse and really like dont know the real reason.
i cannot imagine that hamza didnt tell her that it was his wish?

maryshawn said:
Well, King Hussein was always hopeful "family councils" could be held to make such decisions. Perhaps this was putting his wishes in action. I didn't understand Queen Noor's reaction on "Larry King." She must have known the question might be asked yet she kind of stammered before saying something like "well, we (KA and her) haven't spoken of it yet." Sometimes, I wonder if Prince Hamzah becoming CP was more her wish than his.......all in all, it's a good question.

im one of the people who dont really think that it was her biggest wish to become him the king.
i think shes the mother so its normal that she supported!
but most i think it was king husseins wish!
but yes i didnt undrstand her reaction too....
queen noor is so much - dont know how to say - everything her husband wanted and said and decided was right -....
she always says in everything - like my husband thought - said - decided...
so i have the feeling because hussein wanted him to become the king - she wants him become the king too.
but maybe thats completely wrong - but i guess if he would have said *no faisal becomes the crown prince* - she would have accepted - because her husband said it....
shes very smart - but she is naive too.
:rolleyes:

I agree she is a combination of smart and naive. The only reason I thought she might wish for Hamzah to become King one day is because it would solidify her position in Jordan. She has seemed most confused about it since the death of her husband. While she is clearly welcomed there, she doesn't seem to visit Jordan often. She has the title "Queen" but it really is an honorific. Queen Mother would perhaps make the ties stronger????? I don't know...I'm speculating aloud. The reason I say I feel she is confused is she was clear in her book and interviews that she promised KH Jordan would always be her home yet she seemingly is spending more time in the US. Her children and family are in Jordan; I don't believe any remain in school on the east coast of the US so why she isn't in Amman more often seems odd. I wish more were known about her relationship with Hamzah but they are both so private, I doubt we will ever know much.
closesttoheaven said:
im one of the people who dont really think that it was her biggest wish to become him the king.
i think shes the mother so its normal that she supported!
but most i think it was king husseins wish!
but yes i didnt undrstand her reaction too....
queen noor is so much - dont know how to say - everything her husband wanted and said and decided was right -....
she always says in everything - like my husband thought - said - decided...
so i have the feeling because hussein wanted him to become the king - she wants him become the king too.
but maybe thats completely wrong - but i guess if he would have said *no faisal becomes the crown prince* - she would have accepted - because her husband said it....
shes very smart - but she is naive too.
:rolleyes:

maryshawn said:
I agree she is a combination of smart and naive. The only reason I thought she might wish for Hamzah to become King one day is because it would solidify her position in Jordan. She has seemed most confused about it since the death of her husband. While she is clearly welcomed there, she doesn't seem to visit Jordan often. She has the title "Queen" but it really is an honorific. Queen Mother would perhaps make the ties stronger????? I don't know...I'm speculating aloud. The reason I say I feel she is confused is she was clear in her book and interviews that she promised KH Jordan would always be her home yet she seemingly is spending more time in the US. Her children and family are in Jordan; I don't believe any remain in school on the east coast of the US so why she isn't in Amman more often seems odd. I wish more were known about her relationship with Hamzah but they are both so private, I doubt we will ever know much.

i agree too.this title would give her a better position there!
but maybe she likes the way it is now - the privacy in her life.
and we are angry that we doesnt hear anything new :D
perhaps she will return to jordan when her daughters finished study too or she moves more to jordan now - that hamza and hashim (?) have fineshed there studys.i hope she will do...

So do I (hope that she moves back to or at least spends more time in Jordan). Well, she does have some fascinating attributes.....If nothing else, I want to see what she's going to do with the rest of her life. Right now, she's kind of in limbo--hanging out in Aspen, giving a few talks here and there, ...... She isn't showing that highly motivated, eager to make a difference quality that she seemed to have as Queen.
closesttoheaven said:
i agree too.this title would give her a better position there!
but maybe she likes the way it is now - the privacy in her life.
and we are angry that we doesnt hear anything new :D
perhaps she will return to jordan when her daughters finished study too or she moves more to jordan now - that hamza and hashim (?) have fineshed there studys.i hope she will do...

I also make the assumption she is over her grief at KH's death but had lunch today with a woman whose husband has been dead for eight years and she said she still dreams about him and has times when she is overwhelmingly sad. It certainly seemed they had grown very, very close prior to his death and I may be underestimating the time it takes to really grieve. I'm sure writing her book helped--for awhile. But now what? She sometimes seems like a very sad, troubled woman.

to lil monkey and trouble u live in jordan why dont u ask about prince hamzah there and tell us, i want 2 know anything about him, he is in usa or in jordan?
(ana ba7eboooooo mooooot) i love him so much

marmarina said:
to lil monkey and trouble u live in jordan why dont u ask about prince hamzah there and tell us, i want 2 know anything about him, he is in usa or in jordan?
(ana ba7eboooooo mooooot) i love him so much

I don't know. There's no one to ask,sorry.
but I have a feeling he might be in the US.:confused:

lil Monkey said:
I don't know. There's no one to ask,sorry.
but I have a feeling he might be in the US.:confused:

isnt there much press about the activities of the royal family in jordan?

closesttoheaven said:
isnt there much press about the activities of the royal family in jordan?

I don't know,I haven't been following their news lately,I hardly check petra every once in a while.
but I think People stopped talking about Hamzah like they used to,or at least I haven't been hearing anything.

lil Monkey said:
I don't know,I haven't been following their news lately,I hardly check petra every once in a while.
but I think People stopped talking about Hamzah like they used to,or at least I haven't been hearing anything.

did they stop cause he got stripped the crown?

closesttoheaven said:
did they stop cause he got stripped the crown?

No,Cuz I heard a lot of good things after he was being freed from the title.
Maybe it's just cuz he's not in Jordan,I don't know. Let's see if he comes for Eid Al-feter.

I'm still trying to figure out if he was stripped of the crown or if he asked to be let out of the position. He's a young, private man who, reading the cards correctly, likely knew KA would eventually make one of his sons CP so why pretend and play a role for years when being King just wasn't likely to happen. I hadn't really considered it until someone raised that theory on this Forum. It makes some sense. Might also explain some of the "chill" one feels in the relationship between Hamzah and his mother, who worked so hard to alter the succession (I mean, it is so hard to believe she didn't when one factors in KH's odd letter which doesn't sound a bit like him, praising her and P Hamzah to high heaven but scarcely mentioning anyone else, even KA, the King's successor; her control over access to who was able to see KH at Mayo--at one point, turning away Princess Sarvath, who was later accused of a number of things which turned out to be lies, including the rumor she had never visited the King. She tried, for God's sake and was turned away..... One just senses there was some manipulation occuring behind the scenes and she really wanted Hamzah to be King or CP). But did Hamzah really want to be CP or King? He seemed to be being led in that direction, not actively seeking it. In photos at his wedding and the way QN was treated--being seated away from the head table--things seem "chilly." Even in photos taken in KH's office after the mourning period had ended, she is holding onto him, looking up rather pleadingly while he is looking away in every shot. Now it seems their paths rarely cross and QN is spending considerable time in the US and not in Jordan--breaking her promise to KH. It almost seems she is pouting, angry,.....look at her Akron speech. She says she was dismayed and frustrated at being overshadowed by her husband. It's such a 180 from her previous statements which portrayed KH as always correct and she followed his lead willingly, without question, as he was and had been leader for so long. Something just seems really "off." Any thoughts?

oh maryshawn if it is true that he asked to be let out of the position , it must had been a big slap on his mother face because it is obvious she did work hard to make him a crown prince , I wonder if it is true what kind of relation they have now ?
and I wonder if it was her son decision why she didn't say that when Larry king asked her about what she know about king Abdallah decision , what I get from her answer that she didn't know any thing about the reason behind King Abdallah decision

I also wonder if she didn't have any word in his wedding ?! I mean also in his choice for his wife ?

maybe Hamzah didnt want to consult his mother about the whole thing. It does seem to me that Queen Noor wanted him to be CP more than he wanted the position himself.
If he was smart enough, he probably realized, as maryshawn said, that he was going to lose the title one day to Prince Hussein. That is, after all, what his own father did to Prince Hassan. So why shoulder all the responsibility of being crown prince when you know you'll eventually lose the title and end up disappointed? If Hamzah did willingly give up the title then he did the wise thing. He couldnt be expected to keep it just to keep his mother happy. She's not the one who would've had to spend a huge part of her life in uncertainty as monarch-in-waiting. Maybe Hamzah didnt want all this pressure on him and, more importantly, on his own wife Princess Noor.

Last edited:
maryshawn said:
I'm still trying to figure out if he was stripped of the crown or if he asked to be let out of the position. He's a young, private man who, reading the cards correctly, likely knew KA would eventually make one of his sons CP so why pretend and play a role for years when being King just wasn't likely to happen. I hadn't really considered it until someone raised that theory on this Forum. It makes some sense. Might also explain some of the "chill" one feels in the relationship between Hamzah and his mother, who worked so hard to alter the succession (I mean, it is so hard to believe she didn't when one factors in KH's odd letter which doesn't sound a bit like him, praising her and P Hamzah to high heaven but scarcely mentioning anyone else, even KA, the King's successor; her control over access to who was able to see KH at Mayo--at one point, turning away Princess Sarvath, who was later accused of a number of things which turned out to be lies, including the rumor she had never visited the King. She tried, for God's sake and was turned away..... One just senses there was some manipulation occuring behind the scenes and she really wanted Hamzah to be King or CP). But did Hamzah really want to be CP or King? He seemed to be being led in that direction, not actively seeking it. In photos at his wedding and the way QN was treated--being seated away from the head table--things seem "chilly." Even in photos taken in KH's office after the mourning period had ended, she is holding onto him, looking up rather pleadingly while he is looking away in every shot. Now it seems their paths rarely cross and QN is spending considerable time in the US and not in Jordan--breaking her promise to KH. It almost seems she is pouting, angry,.....look at her Akron speech. She says she was dismayed and frustrated at being overshadowed by her husband. It's such a 180 from her previous statements which portrayed KH as always correct and she followed his lead willingly, without question, as he was and had been leader for so long. Something just seems really "off." Any thoughts?

queen noor seems to be close to princess sarvath - when i remember the marriage of princess sarvaths daughter in may this year.
i think there were many other people who made bad rumours too - even if queen noor and princess sarvath or so made mistakes!)
for sure it was kh and qn wish - to make hamza the crown prince - and not his own wish at first.
but i cant believe that it was only QN.very early kh explained hamza that he has to move to brittain for his studies because becoming king and so on...
and why should queen noor write in her book that she controlled who was able to see the king.she explained because it was of his immunesystem - and thats right!!!!!!he had some kind of leukemia - but it is called NHL.after such a transplantation - most of the patients have to live in a tent for months.so the king had not to do - but for sure - it isnt possible that many people can visit him then.
thats the simple explaination....
and to her speech in akron - i think that is the right view of things - it seems not really frustrated - but i think shes more on earth now.
i never understood how she can speak so good about him.i adore king hussein as KING but not as husband.i understand that she had so speak always like an angel about him because of her children and so on....
and i think she gets much statement to the book - and i can imagine that there are more people who think how can you say he was such a perfect husband - when he left you alone when you lost your first child....thats a scene i never understood.

I honestly feel like there isn't a way to know th real truth behind what happend, Possibilities and reasons behind that keep popping up,U can never tell the truth....Even if u heard it from them.
One day u get convinced that it was Hamzah's wish,then u think,umm if it was his wish y was he so close to King Abdullah and sometimes just obeyed him more than his mother,Y did he get married this young and to a princess,don't say it was love,may be, but it has more into it than just that....Then you Would think,umm maybe King Abdullah wanted to take that move sooner or later,so the sooner the better,but again u think,He thought highly of Hamzah and Hamzah was so loyal to KA and so close in terms of Obeying,y would he do that now? y couldn't he wait at least a few more years till the situation in the ME settles down,note that There isn't a crown prince named yet!
Was it really Hamzah's choice? or was it a way of keeping QN away? Nobody knows anymore,u hear a different story everyday..A year has passed by so far and people are still talking about the same issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom