Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed I have, on more than one occasion but I would point out that we are talking about private yachts, available for hire, which I have also had the pleasure to have experienced, more than a few times. What is the point of being on it if it is moored - ;) sunbathing and swimming just for starters and trips ashore! :D When they are moored, they are not using the main engines nor the amount of fuel you are stating they use in a 24 hour period. It was purely a statement of fact regarding my ability to reply to a seemingly endless regurgitation of the, to me, skewed version of Charles' past. I referred you to MARG's reply, with which I agreed, (including the re-request for any information on the spin you state Charles and Camilla put out). I find the constant 'Charles and Camilla' did this or that, said this or that, as in this case with nothing to back it up in each and every post, as tiresome as you do my asking for a link to an actual article. I am a little surprised by your statement that you do not ever personally bash anyone, when you have constantly complained about 'a certain poster', just because it is addressed to a moderator in the thread, rather than to me, does not make it less visible or less of a 'personal bash', any less than the sarcasm oozing from some of your replies.
Skydragon, please ask Warren or Elspeth if I have ever, one single time complained about your posts. Not one single time, And I gave you the souce of the article just 2 days ago. Once Again Science Daily. I am amazed that you think I do anything 'constantly' on this site. I fly by for 5 minutes at a time. I do not hover over any threads the way some do. As far as a Certain Poster, what makes you think it is you?

As far as a Certain Poster, what makes you think it is you?
It's not ME? I'm CRUSHED!!
:D

Anywho, what is HRH's take on bio-fuels? I think the taxpayers would think more kindly to royal yachts, etc. if they were run on them.

Skydragon, please ask Warren or Elspeth if I have ever, one single time complained about your posts. Not one single time, And I gave you the souce of the article just 2 days ago. Once Again Science Daily. I am amazed that you think I do anything 'constantly' on this site. I fly by for 5 minutes at a time. I do not hover over any threads the way some do. As far as a Certain Poster, what makes you think it is you?
We were asking for the source of the alleged spin from Charles and Camilla, as MARG highlighted in one of her replies to you.:rolleyes:

What makes me think it is me you were referring to - when I asked you in the thread, you confirmed it was me you were talking about!:D Besides, it is still a personal bash, is it not, whether it is during a 5 minute 'fly by', (you do type fast) or a hover. I don't need to ask Warren or Elspeth, I was able to see it for myself. It was also one of my posts that you complained about, first directly following (as you have stated above) and then in another thread. :lol:

It's not ME? I'm CRUSHED!!
:D

Anywho, what is HRH's take on bio-fuels? I think the taxpayers would think more kindly to royal yachts, etc. if they were run on them.
Charles uses Bio fuel in his cars and many of the vehicles belonging to the estate have also been converted, where possible. Charles' staff also use the "Green Tomato Cars".

The royals don't own their own yacht anymore, but are able to negotiate a lovely discount when renting from friends!:D

I, too, have been more than once on a smaller private yacht and can vouch for the fact that for a honeymoon it is much better being moored somewhere than at sea, but of course that is my opinion. :whistling:
Wisteria! Please, oh please I beg you, spare my blushes. :blush:

You are however indubitably, indisputably, incontrovertibly and last but in no small measure, totally, utterly, completely and unpentantly (carbon yeti-print and all that) correct! :winkiss:

I say hands off all (past, present and future) honeymoons, romantic escapes etc, et al! I personally would have serious qualms about opening my eyes of a morning if all I had to look forward to was a day of tedious, unrelenting worthy perfection. Ugh, even the idea gives me the creeps. 'Stepford Wives' anyone? :D

Charles uses Bio fuel in his cars and many of the vehicles belonging to the estate have also been converted, where possible. Charles' staff also use the "Green Tomato Cars".

The royals don't own their own yacht anymore, but are able to negotiate a lovely discount when renting from friends!:D
Do you know what sort of bio-fuel they use? Over there there's lots of interest in algea fuel and I was wondering if it was used over there.

:previous:
Hmmm they certainly do. But why not use your stature for the good of your holiday. :flowers:

We were asking for the source of the alleged spin from Charles and Camilla, as MARG highlighted in one of her replies to you.:rolleyes:

What makes me think it is me you were referring to - when I asked you in the thread, you confirmed it was me you were talking about!:D Besides, it is still a personal bash, is it not, whether it is during a 5 minute 'fly by', (you do type fast) or a hover. I don't need to ask Warren or Elspeth, I was able to see it for myself. It was also one of my posts that you complained about, first directly following (as you have stated above) and then in another thread. :lol:
So just in the order they come up as I go though our library... Jonathan Dimbleby "the Prince of Wales" page 182: "Not caring for fashion or style, she [Camilla] was at home in the country with horses and hunting and familliar with the established hierarchies and simple traditions that still distinguished an unglamorous squirearchy from the urban arrivistes who had started to spend their way into erstatz ruralism". This translates to me, by way of his authorized biographer/spinner, that Camilla loved the country life on the estate, as Charles did. Is this not the definition of having it in common? I shall quote further tomorrow. My 5 minutes are up.

So just in the order they come up as I go though our library... Jonathan Dimbleby "the Prince of Wales" page 182: "Not caring for fashion or style, she [Camilla] was at home in the country with horses and hunting and familliar with the established hierarchies and simple traditions that still distinguished an unglamorous squirearchy from the urban arrivistes who had started to spend their way into erstatz ruralism". This translates to me, by way of his authorized biographer/spinner, that Camilla loved the country life on the estate, as Charles did. Is this not the definition of having it in common? I shall quote further tomorrow. My 5 minutes are up.
And that is "spin" over a 20 year period? :rolleyes:
scooter said:
Further, I would like to point out that for the better part of 2 decades, the spin from Prince Charles and Camilla when they were carrying on in the good/bad old days (depending on your point of view) was how The Twosome had all these wonderful country pursuits in common...fishing, painting, riding...all of which could be enjoyed in maximum comfort and security at Sandringham, Balmoral, etc.
Still waiting for the "spin"!.

Dimbelby is Charles' authorized biographer, whose work Charles approved as correct before it was published, to explain his 'true love' of Camilla before during and after his first marriage. Exactly what is you definition of spin if not that?

:previous: So the spin 'you' were referring to was not from Charles or Camilla as you stated. :rolleyes:

As far as I know, Charles and Camilla have an absolute passion, not only for each other but for the countryside and country life in general, it doesn't mean they do not also enjoy visiting other countries or enjoying a few days on a yacht! :whistling:
-----------------------------end of reply

The Prince of Wales has compared the debate around the world's endangered fish stocks to the discussions which surrounded climate change in the 1980s

Prince Charles compares fish stocks debate to climate change - Telegraph

NAUGHTY -

Britain's Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, is embroiled in a row over her helicopter use.
The 61-year-old royal - the wife of Prince Charles - reportedly used a helicopter for a 75-mile journey last week, at an estimated cost to the taxpayer of £3,000

Camilla's helicopter row - Monsters and Critics

:nonono::nonono:

:previous: So the spin 'you' were referring to was not from Charles or Camilla as you stated. :rolleyes:

As far as I know, Charles and Camilla have an absolute passion, not only for each other but for the countryside and country life in general, it doesn't mean they do not also enjoy visiting other countries or enjoying a few days on a yacht! :whistling:
-----------------------------end of reply

The Prince of Wales has compared the debate around the world's endangered fish stocks to the discussions which surrounded climate change in the 1980squote]

---------------------------------------------
It's 'from' Charles as I have now pointed out several times because it is from his officially sanctioned, carefully vetted and approved version of his side of the story...which here in NY is called 'spin doctoring'. I willl be quoting Mark Bolland the official spin doctor brought in for the Camilla media rehab next. No doubt he does not know what he's discussing either. Oh and I love the discription of 'absolute passion'. What would be your definition of 'absolute passion'?

It's 'from' Charles as I have now pointed out several times
No you have pointed out that it is written by other people, not anything Charles or Camilla said, there is a difference!:rolleyes:
Oh and I love the discription of 'absolute passion'. What would be your definition of 'absolute passion'?
Thank you, however I was under the impression that you were a happily married woman, therefore the 'absolute passion' shouldn't need any description!:rolleyes2:

You also say that you will be quoting Bolland, could I ask exactly what that has to do with Charles and the Environment? :deadhorse:

Oh you know me too well don't you Sky?? :D
Here's an old article I found on Algea. I thought it very exciting. Does HRH actively pursue alternative fuels, btw? (Course I would from a stockholder's point of view. . .)
Algae: 'The ultimate in renewable energy' - CNN.com
That looks really interesting! :flowers:
----------------------------

It’s hard being an environmental celebrity, especially when you are Royal too. People want to see you, but that can mean racking up a lot of carbon miles. So Prince Charles had his Aston Martin converted to run on bio-ethanol made from aged English wine, and his Audi, Jaguar, and Range Rover all run on what the English call old cooking fat

Carbon-Neutral Prince Charles Gets Driven Around on Old Cooking Fat : Gas 2.0

We use old cooking oil, some as a straight filtered (down to 1 micron) product and some we convert to Bio Diesel.:flowers:

Can a royal personage be carbon neutral? You can if you’re Prince Charles, heir to the English throne, gardener, architecture critic and well-known eco-conscious guy-of-the-realm.
Being a prince of England means making lots public appearances. That means lots of travel. If you care about the environment and you get a look at the big carbon footprint you’re leaving with all that royal traveling … well, you realize you’ve got to do something about it.

Prince Charles, The First Carbon Neutral Monarch | Autopia | Wired.com

Posts arguing about alleged "spin" from twenty years ago have been removed.

Warren
British Royals moderator

Pics 11.9.2009

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales speaks during a Climate
Change Conference at the MET Office Headquarters on
September 11 2009, Exeter, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **

The Prince of Wales has enlisted 500 leading international companies to back calls for concerted action on climate change ahead of a major summit on the global warming crisis

Prince of Wales enlists 500 companies to help fight climate change - Telegraph

Shell, BP, the energy suppliers EON and EDF, Coca Cola, eBay, Starbucks and Virgin are among the household name companies which have been persuaded by the Prince to sign a communique calling on world leaders to commit to cutting emissions worldwide by at least 50 per cent by 2050.

It might be difficult to take coming from a man who owns Jaguars, Range Rovers and an Aston Martin, but the Prince of Wales’s foreword to the UK Green Building Council’s Building for the Future campaign is absolutely spot on. People should be encouraged to leave their cars at home, and it’s down to the planners and developers of our towns and cities to make it happen.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/iandouglas/100003619/why-prince-charles-is-right-about-cars/

The countryside means different things to all of us. For some, it is a place of beauty and tranquillity - somewhere to go to escape the stresses and strains of urban life, to be closer to Nature and enjoy our wonderful landscapes. For many of us, it is a place to live and work. But whatever our relationship with rural Britain, we surely all agree that it is one of the greatest treasures of our nation.

HRH The Prince of Wales: 'The countryside is in crisis. The stakes could not be higher' - Telegraph

Writing in today’s Daily Telegraph, the Prince says isolated communities, which already struggle to make a living, face an “immense handicap” without the ability to promote their goods or download information through websites and email.

Prince Charles warns of a countryside left in 'broadband deserts' - Telegraph

A Swiss tycoon friend of the Prince of Wales has been forced to hire his own team of private investigators after raiders stole quad bikes and off-road vehicles used for Royal shooting parties.

Prince Charles' friend 'forced to conduct own theft investigation' - Telegraph

:previous: I liked this:

In Britain we are rapidly losing what is left of our local culture. When we finally wake up and find it all gone, it will not be possible to reinvent it – or 'grow' it in a test tube. The countryside is a living, delicate organism that must be nurtured because agri-"culture" should be exactly that – a subtle blend of a production system with a profoundly important psychosocial component. The stakes could not be higher. Perhaps, at the end of the day, it is worth remembering the words of the great French writer, Antoine De St-Exupery: "Only he can understand what a farm is, what a country is, who shall have sacrificed part of himself to his farm or country, fought to save it, struggled to make it beautiful. Only then will the love of farm or country fill his heart." ....

Addressing the IGD conference via video link, Prince Charles said: ‘We stand at a critical juncture in encouraging consumers to act on climate change.'
He highlighted the need to produce more goods in the UK and combat the ‘destructive' use of palm oil.

Prince Charles urges supermarkets to face sustainability issues - Marketing news - Marketing magazine

PATIENTS at a hospice have a garden bursting with colour and tranquility to sit and relax in thanks to the help of people and businesses in the community.
It has taken a number of years to complete as the George Thomas Hospice called upon people to help them transform their garden from a building site into an oasis

WalesOnline - News - Wales News - Oasis of calm with royal connections opens up at last

Plantlife, the conservation charity, said more than 500 rare wild plants are in danger of dying out in Britain including may lily, pasque flower and lady's slipper orchid. Plants like box, snake's head fritillary and corn cockle, that are cultivated in gardens, are now seldom found in the wild.
The latest flower to go extinct was the ghost orchid, a delicate white flower that has not been seen in the British countryside for more than 20 years.

Prince Charles calls for more protection for British wild flowers - Telegraph

A very brilliant speech of the Prince of Wales, very committed with the climate change and nature.
Btw, allow me to say that Prince Charles is a very good speaker!

Back
Top Bottom