Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he look so formal was it for a meeting? You never see him really dressed down or relaxed.

As all royal family speeches are vetted and approved by the government, except for the Queen's Christmas Address, this is the view of the government - to sell Britain because their economy is better than some other European countries and they do have a different currency - stating facts actually.

These seem to have been comments made at a private cocktail party, according to the DM article. IMO Andrew's comments are appropriate, especially given that he was there to drum up business for the UK.

I would think the furor the comments caused was more because they are true and the EU is not happy with it. However it is reality. France and Austria were recently downgraded from AAA to AA+ status. Italy is trying to sell it's debt to stay afloat. Greece keeps swirling the drain. The EU is in serious trouble. The remarks, IMO are spot on. Russo is just surprised that PA is in the capacity of envoy. I rather thought PA's days of that were finished.

Agreed. PA was speaking the truth, although apparently in jest. AFAIK he no longer has the Special Representative title, but he still makes trips abroad. I think that he has been making more appearances in the UK as well.

I would think the furor the comments caused was more because they are true and the EU is not happy with it. However it is reality. France and Austria were recently downgraded from AAA to AA+ status. Italy is trying to sell it's debt to stay afloat. Greece keeps swirling the drain. The EU is in serious trouble. The remarks, IMO are spot on.

I don't see Prince Andrew's comments as poking fun at Europe. Some of the credit standings of various European countries aren't very good and they are sensitive to and become defensive when this is brought out. I remember a report on NPR (National Public Radio in US) that had a report about the European financial situation and people that were interviewed downplayed certain mistakes that were done or became somewhat defensive about it.

A person or persons at the cocktail party didn't like the comments that Prince Andrew made and made it an issue. Why else would this appear in the newspapers.

Since he represents Britain, of course he would say invest in Britain regardless of how well other European economies are doing.

It is understandable to some European countries could be offended by Prince Andrew's remarks. The UK is the preferred place to invest for new rich Russians. It is puzzling as to why Prince Andrew was secretive about the meeting with President Aliev.

On Thursday, February 2nd, the Duke of York has been in Oxford among others to meet apprentices
at Oxford and Cherwell Valley College's Blackbird Leys campus. His visit was part of work aimed at
supporting apprenticeship schemes and encouraging young people to develop skills.

** oxfordmail.co.uk: Duke: Why young need these skills **

He also visited SAE Institute World Headquarters, SAE Institute Oxford:

** Pic ** Prins Andrew öppnade mediacenter **

Last edited:
I am sorry if this picture has already been posted. I have not found!
LOOK THAT...

article-2019533-0D2F11F800000578-824_306x423.jpg

I just posted this picture because I'm in favor of protecting the polar bears. I would not bother to protect this exemplar in my house until the glaciers restore. :whistling:
(Sorry my English)

By: Grizzly Andrew: Duke grows grand old beard during 12-day wilderness trek

I am sorry if this picture has already been posted. I have not found!
LOOK THAT...

article-2019533-0D2F11F800000578-824_306x423.jpg

I just posted this picture because I'm in favor of protecting the polar bears. I would not bother to protect this exemplar in my house until the glaciers restore. :whistling:
(Sorry my English)

By: Grizzly Andrew: Duke grows grand old beard during 12-day wilderness trek

*shudders* That is hideous. (Is that too harsh a word?) None of the Windsor met suit facial hair, especially that awful period when William grew a beard. They look much more refined without facial hair. Prince Haakon I feel is the only Royal who suits facial hair. He looks especially handsome because of his facial hair.

I know the Windsor men don't tend to have a lot of hair on their head, they definitely do not suit facial hair.

On a 12 day canoe trip in the Canadian Arctic one tends not to shave, hence the facial hair on Prince Andrew. It wasn't a fashion statement.

Let me see...

SuperStock_491-137.jpg
hummm

I don`t like beards and mustaches but I think (with the exception of the protruding belly), almost everything is perfect for him. :in_love:

Ah yes...when I was in my early 20s and late teens, we thought that Prince Andrew was dashing and glamorous. I had a boss once who was bowled over by his good looks when she saw him at a formal event in the 80s. Interesting how the perceptions of a public person change over time.:flowers:

Let me see...

SuperStock_491-137.jpg
hummm

I don`t like beards and mustaches but I think (with the exception of the protruding belly), almost everything is perfect for him. :in_love:

Oh, yes. Very swashbuckling with the facial hair....in his younger years.

Why does the topic related to Yorks is so short? Some photos have already seen some years ago are no longer here! :glare:

I actually like the bearded Prince Andrew, think he's hot here!

Thank you Iluvbertie!
I had noticed was the seventh but could not find the pages to go back and search for old topics.

I recall the night of the Windsor fire and the TV coverage showing a very smashing Duke of York in a red pullover... Definately hero material back then!

The Duke of York is on a five-day visit to Thailand from February 28 till March 3, 2012.

Today, February 29, he met with Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit
at the Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok.

** Pic **

Oh yes, hero material indeed. I remember that some of the press scoffed at the idea that he was doing "research" at the castle when it caught fire, which I thought was rather mean. I guess that this is why I can't completely "give up" on Andrew or consider him a "waste of space." When it comes to doing "princely" things, he was and is very, very good.

I recall the night of the Windsor fire and the TV coverage showing a very smashing Duke of York in a red pullover... Definately hero material back then!

He certainly took charge of the brigade and saved a lot of priceless artwork, I remember from the coverage.

He was a serving naval officer at the time, just the sort of person who would and should take charge. I think that Andrew is perhaps the most like Prince Philip of the brothers. He speaks before he thinks, is highly opinionated, and walks like a person "on a mission", with a lot of energy. If he lives to be 90, perhaps he'll gain the status of national treasure as well.;)

Oh yes, hero material indeed. I remember that some of the press scoffed at the idea that he was doing "research" at the castle when it caught fire, which I thought was rather mean. I guess that this is why I can't completely "give up" on Andrew or consider him a "waste of space." When it comes to doing "princely" things, he was and is very, very good.

Same here.
Despite all the negative coverage her receives (some of it deserved), I still cannot think too bad of him. Andrew did serve his country in time of need (the Falklands War). He also probably did secure quite lucrative business deals; it's quite surprising just how much a royal status still means for a lot of people, especially those who have anything but the pedigree, as it were.

The Duke of York met with Thailand's Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra at the Government House
in Bangkok during his visit to Thailand on March 1, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom