Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 3: March-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she really doesnt care does she!!

Well, the story can be bogus, but walking hand in hand....thats usually something you do with your lover/spouse or with your children when they are little... Anyway, if the Prince and Princess both live happily with this (supposed) arrangement, why should we care? It is their life after all.

And Elspeth, the russianess of having a ballerina mistress stuck me as well, the prince doesn't resemble the last emperor for nothing then. Now if only the ballerina's name would be Mathilda...;)

On a different note, I think Pss Michael, despite her elegance has passed the age where she can wear her long hair down.

Gosh at her age! the woman must be close to 60? would she retain the Princess title Without the HRH like other pricesses? (Diana, Fergie, and Alexandra of Denmark) Maybe this is the reason they are selling the mansion...

I think it's really stupid that she's going around parading the streets of Venice with this guy. She should know from past experience that the paparazzi are out to get her so she should be smarter with her exploits. Even if this guy is just a friend/business partner, if she wants to avoid such a scanadal, she should not display her affection for him so publicly. It's a bit odd though. I mean, I would never be so affectionate with a guy who was just my friend, and I'm not even married.

I have to say though, she's absolutely stunning looking (especially for her age). Well done on her for "catching" such a young handsome guy for herself.

I think that the press have hounded for years. Leave the poor woman alone!

I think she needs to get a hair cut. She's too old to have hair that long.

She wouldn't remain HRH after a divorce. Some have speculated her title would become the awkward Marie-Christine, Princess Michael of Kent should they split.

Maybe she's really in love, cause she looks prettier ;)

lallyvee said:
I think she needs to get a hair cut. She's too old to have hair that long.
I think that's not her major problem at the moment ;)

i hope it's not true

i hope this story is not true. prince michael seems like a nice man.:(

Princess denies having designs on furniture tycoon
April 24, 2006

LONDON: Princess Michael of Kent's spokesman has denied claims that the princess is having an affair with a Russian millionaire.
The News of the World reported that the 61-year-old Princess, who is married to the Queen's cousin, Prince Michael of Kent, shared a romantic break with the furniture tycoon Mikhail Kravchenko.
The newspaper published photos of the pair together in Venice, including one of the Princess holding hands with the 40-year-old.
Simon Astaire, a spokesman for the Princess, insisted the pair were just friends.
Mr Astaire said: "The Princess met Mikhail Kravchenko when she visited the interior design fair in Moscow late last year. A friendship developed through a mutual interest in design.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/princess-denies-having-designs-on-furniture-tycoon/2006/04/23/1145730809078.html

Princess Michael denies 'affair' with Russian millionaire

Princess Michael of Kent's spokesman has denied claims that the royal was having an affair with a Russian millionaire toy boy.
(...)
"The Princess met Mikhail Kravchenko when she visited the interior design fair in Moscow late last year which in fact, Her Royal Highness opened," Mr Astaire said.
"A friendship developed through a mutual interest in design. Getting to know him she became aware that his life had been struck by tragedy and seeking to be supportive of him their friendship has continued."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/04/23/ukent.xml

she really doesnt to the royal family any favours does she.
all I can say Im glad she isnt my mother or wife. rather him than me

Last edited:
Prince Michael and Princess Michael are both interesting, rather eccentric characters with a flair for the dramatic.

Actually I think they fit each other very well; they're probably each other's best audience.

she really doesnt to the royal family any favours does she.

She's doesn't have to. She isn't on the civil list, she doesn't carry out engagements on behalf of the Queen. Really she can do as she wants.

BeatrixFan said:
She's doesn't have to. She isn't on the civil list, she doesn't carry out engagements on behalf of the Queen. Really she can do as she wants.

by the looks of things she does do what she wants !

sm1939 said:
by the looks of things she does do what she wants !

The photos I saw of them in Venice don't look too conclusive to me, but strangely she looks old in them (and I have never seen her looking old in a photo).

I think News of the World also took photos of her slipping out of Texas millionaire's pad in the early morning hours wearing an ill-fitting Red wig several years ago. Perhaps they have an open marriage?

Nonetheless, I still love her. Every fiasco she gets herself into only endears her to me more!

PreDoc said:
The photos I saw of them in Venice don't look too conclusive to me, but strangely she looks old in them (and I have never seen her looking old in a photo).

I think News of the World also took photos of her slipping out of Texas millionaire's pad in the early morning hours wearing an ill-fitting Red wig several years ago. Perhaps they have an open marriage?

Nonetheless, I still love her. Every fiasco she gets herself into only endears her to me more!

gosh! I didnt know about a red wig story , must say not keen on this lady , but least she lives life to the full !! also I think they must have an open marriage surly??

This is getting off topic but is it true that Lord Frederick Windsor, Lady Gabrielle and the other Lords and Ladies of Windsor are technically princes and princess of Saxe-Coburg?

Missyjojo88 said:
This is getting off topic but is it true that Lord Frederick Windsor, Lady Gabrielle and the other Lords and Ladies of Windsor are technically princes and princess of Saxe-Coburg?
One could argue that by male lineal descent the children of the current Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, and of Prince Michael and the Earl of St Andrews, are Princes and Princesses of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Dukes and Duchesses of Saxony, but since these titles were given up in 1917 it would be a hard ask. Nonetheless, Earl Mountbatten was known to sign himself a Prince of Battenberg when visiting Hesse.

Missyjojo88 said:

Technically, King George V renounced all German titles for British members of his family and their descendants in 1917.

Realistically, I suppose they are free to call themselves anything they want - just like any other human being - but I can't imagine why they'd bother.

:D I found two funny quotes about PMOK recently:

Daily Mail May 3 said:
She has always been described as the most regal of the royals - and last night proved no exception. Stepping gracefully from a luxury river cruiser, Princess Michael of Kent looked every inch the foreign dignitary as she strolled through the streets of the ancient Russian city of Kostroma. Given the furore over her friendship with a much younger Russian magnate, with whom she was pictured hand-in-hand in Venice last month, you would think the princess might play safe with her public engagements for a few weeks. But that would be to underestimate her jaw-dropping chutzpah. For flanking her last night were two men. The first was her husband, Prince Michael; the second was none other than her handsome young millionaire friend, Mikhail Kravchenko.
Guardian Online May 6 said:
People in the public eye could learn a thing or two from the princess. She stage-manages a scandal better than anyone and the latest is one of her finest. Her friendship with the handsome Russian will cost her nothing. Her secret? She doesn't care.

No one does the royal thing better than Princess Micheal of Kent. She fits the part perfectly.

Missyjojo88 said:
No one does the royal thing better than Princess Micheal of Kent. She fits the part perfectly.

well she doesnt doesnt fit my idea of Royal, but everyone to there own, I suppose.

Hanging out with her husband AND the man she is ment to be cheating with? That is style my friends! ;)

Xanabelle said:
Hanging out with her husband AND the man she is ment to be cheating with? That is style my friends! ;)
And a younger man to boot! As one of my friends like to say, "You go, Girl!":)

From Getty Images:

A photo of Princess Michael of Kent with both her husband and Mikhail Kravchenko -- and several of the Kents this weekend at the Royal Windsor Horse Show party/dinner.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 560
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 291
Any pics of Mikhail Kravchenko, her and Prince Michael in that event?
I would love to see that:D

crisiñaki said:
Any pics of Mikhail Kravchenko, her and Prince Michael in that event?
I would love to see that:D
Hmm, no, but here's one of Mikhail and PMoK (from News of the World)

Attachments

• n5_01.jpg
    n5_01.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 314
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom