Prince and Princess Akishino have a son: Prince Hisahito

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratuliations

It is incredible that, in an advanced country like Japan, the new born prince go ahead of Princess Aiko :bang:

Congratulations to the royal couple. :) We were not surprised that a baby was a boy.:rolleyes: And all the best to a boy, the most important that he's healthy.
I wonder how Masako feels in this situation? Maybe she is relieved that there is not preassure on her to bear a heir anymore, or maybe she feals like a failure. I hope that this situation will not hurt her, and will not make her depression worse.:sad:
I guess conservatives are very happy now, plus IHA and maybe emparor too.
The debate whether women should be allowed to inherit a throne is moved probably to next generation.

TLLK said:
While I too am happy that she has had a safe delivery, I cannot help but feel sorry for CP Masako and Princess Aiko. I have an uneasy feeling that both will become even more isolated and looked down upon. Please, I hope that I am wrong.:sad:

TLLK, I had the same feeling as you. I feel so sad for CP Masako and her daughter!

I think I knew from the very first time that pricess Kiko will give birth to a baby boy. There 's no surprise.

I guess congratulations are in order for the Emperor, the Empress, prince and princess Akishino and their daughter Mako and Mako... Oh and let's not forget the IHA.

I feel sorry for the little prince. His life will now be completly organized by the IHA... His life and what he'll do at various points in his life is now set up, only the pictures are missing... I wonder if he'll ever be allowed to do something "he" wants to do?

As for Masako, there are two roads she could take
1) She takes the birth of a son to her brother and sister-in-law very badly and falls into a deeper depression never to recover...
2) She was aware of the possibility of the baby being a boy and therefore has allready started dealing with it with the possibility of regaining her mental health enough in order to conceive on her own.

Guess will have to wait and see...

Congratulations to the Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko .

Congratulations to the Royal Parents and their family! :flowers:
Good to hear the baby is healthy and well.

I wonder what Masako thinks about the birth of the little boy..:ermm:
I hope she is okay.

Japanese citizens rejoice over birth of baby prince

(Kyodo) _ Japanese citizens rejoiced Wednesday over the birth of a baby boy to Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, though some expressed concern that debate over female succession will now recede.
"I am glad the baby was delivered safely," said Mayumi Masamoto, 27, a Tokyo resident who came to the Imperial Palace in the heart of the city with her 2-year-old son to express her congratulations.............
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060906/kyodo/d8jv949o0.html

Congratulations on the safe arrival of the baby! As for Aiko, Masako, and Naruhito it may turn out to be the best for Aiko that she is not in direct line of succession. Maybe she will be allowed to grow up and have a more normal less restricted life than she would have otherwise had as the heir. I'm sure both Masako and Naruhito would not want their daughter to endure the same kind of pressures that the Crown Princess has faced since her marriage. Anyway, glad that both mom and baby are safe and healthy.:flowers:

I wish mother and child all the best.

I would no be at all surprised if all knew (and I mean all) that Kiko was having a boy. I dont particularly find Akishino all that impressive to be honest. To me - and this is an opinion formed from photos and articles so not at all accurately substantiated by any means - he does not seem like a particularly warm person but very distant and somewhat cold. Whether or not that is true I do not know but it is the impression I receive.

Masako is a beautiful woman who has been dealt a great deal of anguish these past few years. God may she find some inner peace and solace :flowers:

How lovely it would have been to have had Aiko, one day, reign as Empress of Japan. I think she would have made a brilliant Empress (gut feeling, nothing more).

And surely this would not, in any way, jeopardise the Crown Prince's place as heir :sad:

Madame Royale said:
I wish mother and child all the best.

I would no be at all surprised if all knew (and I mean all) that Kiko was having a boy. I dont particularly find Akishino all that impressive to be honest. To me - and this is an opinion formed from photos and articles so not at all accurately substantiated by any means - he does not seem like a particularly warm person but very distant and somewhat cold. Whether or not that is true I do not know but it is the impression I receive.

Masako is a beautiful woman who has been dealt a great deal of anguish these past few years. God may she find some inner peace and solace :flowers:

How lovely it would have been to have had Aiko, one day, reign as Empress of Japan. I think she would have made a brilliant Empress (gut feeling, nothing more).

And surely this would not, in any way, jeopardise the Crown Prince's place as heir :sad:
Specially, that I've heard on TV how one doctor (??) said that they (princes) doesn't want to know is it a boy or a girl. And even the doctors and medical staff during USG have prohibited to don't check the baby's sex. :huh: Which mean that none doesn't know the sex.:wacko:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple...

Cant help but feel for the crown prince and princess:ermm:

magnik said:
Specially, that I've heard on TV how one doctor (??) said that they (princes) doesn't want to know is it a boy or a girl. And even the doctors and medical staff during USG have prohibited to don't check the baby's sex. :huh: Which mean that none doesn't know the sex.:wacko:

Thanks for that info magnik :) I still wouldn't be surprised if they did infact know though but of course, I could be very wrong. And I doubt they would publically confirm whether they knew or not.

Sister Morphine said:
I'm a little upset that it's a boy. I wanted them to finally change the laws of succession to allow females to inherit.

Also, didn't she have IVF to get pregant this time? They could have manipulated it to insure she gave birth to a boy.....that's wrong, IMO. They should have let nature take its course.

I totally agree with you that nature should have taken its course. Besides you'd think they know by now that it's the male determines the sex of the child and quit blaming it on the poor women that carry the baby. I too was hoping for a girl so they would change the succession laws, but somthing told me she was going to have a boy. I'm glad things went smoothly and that Princess Kiko and the baby are ok (don't get me wrong) I just think they throne should be inherited by Princess Aiko.

Madame Royale said:
Thanks for that info magnik :) I still wouldn't be surprised if they did infact know though but of course, I could be very wrong. And I doubt they would publically confirm whether they knew or not.
Of course that they'll never do that!!! I even don't want think what would will happen if they would do that...dear God:w00t2:

But why they (princes and IHA) waite so log for a boy?! During all these years, A&K culd have more children, probably a boy too, and we wouldn't must has all this circus.:huh:

Btw. why A&K have only 2 daughters until the boy? They decided that they want have only two children or what?

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations to Akishino and Kiko, their daughters, the imperial family, IHA:ermm: and the people of Japan on the birth of the newborn.
It's a little odd when the birth of the boy is not greeted the same way as other royal births in recent years in this forum when forumers would be overjoyed regardless of the sex of the baby.
Well, I share the same sentiments as other forumers who express their dissapointment and the feeling of sorry towards how Naruhito and his family are treated.
It does not matter if the boy will be next in line to the throne after his uncle, the baby and his mother, Kiko, will highly regarded as he is the first male heir born to the Chrysanthemum Throne in 41 years.
Best of luck to the baby boy and again, congratulations!

It does not matter if the boy will be next in line to the throne after his uncle, the baby and his mother, Kiko, will highly regarded as he is the first male heir born to the Chrysanthemum Throne in 41 years.

When actually they can thank his father and modern technology. But at least some praise will finally head in a much deserved direction!

I think Kiko was pressured to have another child by the IHA and Akishino.

magnik said:
Of course that they'll never do that!!! I even don't want think what would will happen if they would do that...dear God:w00t2:

But why they (princes and IHA) waite so log for a boy?! During all these years, A&K culd have more children, probably a boy too, and we wouldn't must has all this circus.:huh:

Btw. why A&K have only 2 daughters until the boy? They decided that they want have only two children or what?

Prince Akishino wanted to have more children, but out of courtesy for the Crown Prince couple, he didn't have anymore after the two princesses. It is only when the Emperor gave them the permission to have children did they try for another child, which is the new prince of Japan.

Well thankfully mother and baby are fine :)

However IMO this only delays settling the succession question another 25 years or so, it does not settle it permanently. It is entirely possible that this boy may have only daughters and no sons, (and the likelihood of him getting a brother is infinitely small) & Japan will be faced once again with the question of allowing female succession.

The pressure on this prince to father sons is going to be enormous. I can already see the IHA pressuring him to marry very young.... :sad:

fanletizia said:
Congratulations. It is incredible that, in an advanced country likeJapan, the new born Prince go ahead of Princess Aiko
While I agree with you, fanletizia (and everyone else) why are we limiting our opinions to Japan? Most of the monarchies in the world still exist with a male-primogeniture succession (Denmark, Great Britain, Monaco, and Spain) or a male-only succession (Liechtenstein, all of the Asian and Middle Eastern monarchies).

As excited we get about progressive nations like Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway, and Belgium, the fact remains that they are the only ones who have changed their succession laws to straight primogeniture. In addition, if there had been a male heir there would never have been a Queen Margarethe II, Queen Beatrix, or Queen Elizabeth II.

Any opinions on the "progressive" nature of European monarchies vs. Japan?

Mapper

Last edited by a moderator:
magnik said:
Thanks for this bit of information although I don't think this will quiet the conspiracy theorists.

I think there is still a very strong chance that Aiko will in fact be Empress.We have to remember that her father will be Empereor before her and in another 40 or so years Japan may be a very different place and the people themselves may wish for Aiko to be the rightful heir.Laws are made by people and can just as easily be changed by people.

I thought the pictures of Mako and Kako arriving at the hospital with their father were delightful. It is nice to see them so happy and SMILING.

They always looked so solemn and serious in other photos.

While I agree with you, fanletizia (and everyone else) why are we limiting our opinions to Japan? Most of the monarchies in the world still exist with a male-primogeniture succession (Denmark, Great Britain, Monaco, and Spain) or a male-only succession (Liechtenstein, all of the Asian and Middle Eastern monarchies).

As excited we get about progressive nations like Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway, and Belgium, the fact remains that they are the only ones who have changed their succession laws to straight primogeniture. In addition, if there had been a male heir there would never have been a Queen Margarethe II, Queen Beatrix, or Queen Elizabeth II.

That is an interesting statement and worthy of a discussion IMO. But its also interesting to note that while that most of those countries do have male-only succession.....in the absence of a male heir......succession has gone to female rules. Its not like Japan...where women can't sit on the throne at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
foiegrass said:
Prince Akishino wanted to have more children, but out of courtesy for the Crown Prince couple, he didn't have anymore after the two princesses. It is only when the Emperor gave them the permission to have children did they try for another child, which is the new prince of Japan.
This is my understanding as well and I'm happy it has turned out well for them. I can't imagine the pressure Kiko must have been under and she bore it with such grace. I adore her.

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
...While I agree with you, fanletizia (and everyone else) why are we limiting our opinions to Japan? Most of the monarchies in the world still exist with a male-primogeniture succession (Denmark, Great Britain, Monaco, and Spain) or a male-only succession (Liechtenstein, all of the Asian and Middle Eastern monarchies).

Mapper
Denmark has changed its law to allow first-born succession but you are absolutely right about the others. This is the case with most monarchies, right or wrong, and I think Japan is unfairly singled out. Sure this is the Japanese royals thread but I don't see passionate debate in the other threads that have these rules except maybe Monaco because I'm the one objecting to the current succession there.

Back
Top Bottom