Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Pics and comments about the Olympics and the Royal and Princely Families attending the Olympic games are welcome at our extra threads :flowers:

** London Olympics 2012 **

that CBS doc was a very suggestive piece of editing IMO, but I guess people who criticise the 'distance' between PA and PC are probably looking for something like this haakon and mette-marit? But I think both PC and PA are way too reserved to do this in public..

Those 6 minutes are sooooooooo embarrasing that they have been removed from CBS.

The 'embarrassed' is CBS. I doubt that the free-lance journalist will be tapped again by CBS. Recall that we did not see 6 minutes of interview - we saw only i minute. The rest was voice over and spin. It was an embarrassment for CBS.

agogo, I see your link supplies the original 7:35 interview but the total screen time for the 'interview' still hovers at about 1 minute. We do not see the snippet that is the 1:47 segment where Charlene discusses her foundation.

RoyalDahlia: her videos on Dailymotion

The interview with an added comment by Holly Williams and she said nice things about Princess Charlene.

Last edited:
The 'embarrassed' is CBS. I doubt that the free-lance journalist will be tapped again by CBS. Recall that we did not see 6 minutes of interview - we saw only i minute. The rest was voice over and spin. It was an embarrassment for CBS.

If this is how they, she especially, answers silly, predictable, easy questions, I don´t want to know what on earth would have happened if MW had been asked REAL questions. How do you get to the conclusion that both of them get out of words so easily and the embarrasment is CBS is beyond me. But you seem to come up with whatever excuse you find to forgive them for their incompetence.

If this is how they, she especially, answers silly, predictable, easy questions, I don´t want to know what on earth would have happened if MW had been asked REAL questions. How do you get to the conclusion that both of them get out of words so easily and the embarrasment is CBS is beyond me. But you seem to come up with whatever excuse you find to forgive them for their incompetence.

It is you who seems to come up with whatever reason to hate her.

Tyger, Holly Williams said that her interview time with Prince Albert and Princess Charlene was only about 30 minutes. I think that CBS could have shown better judgment and selected better clips for the 1 minute "interview" that they showed. The "spin" that CBS put on the interview was so negative and that sensational negativity attracts more attention that a positive interview. The original interview ended with Princess Charlene laughing and the video stopped with Charlene's arms up in the air and her head tilted back, as if she was looking at the ceiling. I thought that the editing was horrible and intentionally rude. And you are right, this updated clip has removed the discussion with Charlene and her work.

Last edited:

As said before posts regarding Prince Albert and Princess Charlene in London during the Olympics period should be posted in the Royals Who Are Attending thread or in one of the other threads in the Olympics Forum and not duplicated here.
Thanks!

Prince's Palace of Monaco put yesterday on their Facebook that the interview made by Piers Morgan will be shown on CNN on Tuesday.
[URL]http://www.facebook.com/palaismonaco?ref=stream[/URL]

I watched the interview. They both seemed pretty relaxed, especially Princess Charlene. Albert speaks with some hesitancy but that is how he always speaks in English. He spoke about the Olympics, about America, about Mandela and about his mother. Charlene was asked abouty the runaway bride story. She said she didn't know anything about it until she returned from shopping in Paris with her mother and basically laughed it off. Albert said they took legal action against the original magazine and others because it wasn't true and was unfair that the stroy kept getting repeated. Charlene was asked about the best thing about being a princess and she joked "I get to wear tiaras", which she apparently gets asked about by little girls. She also mentioned being busy with their schedule of engagements and functions they attend. When asked about her home country of SA she said she was very optomistic about its future. She also talked a bit about Special Olympics and her foundation which will help athletes.
Overall I would say it was a pretty good interiew, nothing earth shattering. Piers at least did not ask his stupid "when was the last time you were properly loved" question.

Omgosh I (& and my big sister) were delighted to serendipitiously come across the last 10 minutes of this wonderful interview with Prince Albert & his lovely wife Princess Charlene. :flowers:

We had been watching the Olympics, but got a bit bored, so we were channel surfing when tada there they were, lol! :cool:

Don't recall much except for Piers Morgan saying "you got your handsome prince" to Princess Charlene several times throughout the interview. :wub: And something about the rumours/innuendos/trouble that the media created right before the wedding, something about Princess Charlene supposedly having left/jilted Prince Albert the day before, when in fact Princess Charlene said she had taken her mother shopping in Paris for new clothes, etc. Also, I recall Prince Albert speaking about the Princess Grace Foundation and all that it does, the millions they give away, the money they raise for the foundation, etc. And that was it. :)

I LOVED IT! :heart::monacoflag::heart:

Prince Albert has always been my favorite prince and that hasn't changed, and I and my family couldn't be happier the wife he chose as his princess. :heartflower:

ps: I'm spellbound by Princess Charlene's accent, beautiful....

Where can we see the full interview I am dying to see it?

I had the chance to watch the full interview during the night . I realize that there are only some parts about the interview. Perhaps 'the site of 'the royal correspondent' could send the full interview.
I like very much this interview, I like when Charlène told she learnt the rumors just before the wedding after a shopping with her mother at Paris.

We could see it again yet on cnn at 1 pm (local hour in france)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just observing the latest photos and video threads of Charlene, look like she has had her cut even shorter I like it especially in the photos....she looks like a model.:star::star::star:

FRIDAY, JULY 27
Prince Albert of Monaco and his South African bride, Princess Charlene, have been beset by scandalous rumours since they married a year ago.

Charlene, 20 years the Prince's junior, was even accused of trying to flee Monaco on the eve of the wedding.

And ever since, she's had to run the gauntlet of the scathing French media casting aspersions on her character, motives, dress sense, and even her ability to speak French.

oday, I sat down with them in London for a rare joint interview, which was full of surprises. First, they're the only royal couple to have competed in the Olympics – Albert as a part of Monaco's bobsleigh team (at five consecutive Games, no less), Charlene swimming for South Africa.

Second, Charlene's fantastically entertaining.

She spoke to me in French (better than mine), joked about the benefits of being a Princess ('I get to wear a tiara!'), mocked the 'fleeing' report ('I was shopping with my mother!') and later texted me a very funny joke John Cleese had sent her about Olympic countries as seen through their stereotypes.

Third, Albert, too, is a dark horse.

He has a rather dull image, which I fear rather comes with the job, but any man who can hurtle headfirst (he was the bobsleigh pilot, so the guy at the front) down an ice tunnel at 100mph, and woo a feisty, funny, very glamorous lady like Charlene, is not a boring man.
Mail Online

Albert always breaks my heart when he discusses his late mother, he so obviously adored her.

Thanks for posting the info about Charlene, LadyMacAlpine. It's a relief that Charlene does speak at least some French!

Last edited:
Albert always breaks my heart when he discusses his late mother, he so obviously adored her.

Thanks for posting the info about Charlene, LadyMacAlpine. It's a relief that Charlene does speak at least some French!
You're welcome. We have known since 2010 that Charlene was learning French and understood it much better than she spoke it. I can't hold it against her for not speaking it much until she was able to speak it better. Something I have repeatedly heard is the French would rather you not speak their language if you are going to butcher it.

So she likes wearing tiaras?!! weird, cause she seems like she tries to avoid wearing them!

TheRoyalCouturier said:
So she likes wearing tiaras?!! weird, cause she seems like she tries to avoid wearing them!

Where does it say she likes to wear tiaras? She has not worn one since marrying Albert as there has never been an event for her to wear one.

:previous: Beg to differ. She wore the beautiful and modern Diamond Foam Tiara to the gala dinner for her wedding celebrations. :flowers:

I am not surprised to read that Charlene spoke in french to Piers Morgan because she had french lessons with also italians lessons evey day. She asked to the staff of the palace to speak with her in french.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not surprised to read that Charlene spoke in french to Piers Morgan because she had french lessons with also italians lessons evey day. She asked to the staff of the palace to speak with her in french.
Thank you for the information. For those asking about her speaking French if you watch this video like I said you can tell she understood it better than she spoke it at the time of her engagement in 2010. She has had 2 years to improve and I am sure she has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom