Portuguese Royal Palaces, Castles and other Buildings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
House of the Gentlemen:

The house was built in the 19th century. XVII by Domingos de Sampaio do Amaral on the occasion of the marriage of his daughter D. Joana de Sampaio with João de Almeida Castelo Branco, who would become the holders of the captaincy-major of the municipality of Senhorim and the founders of the estate of Santar. It was passed from generation to generation until, in 1975, Pedro Brum da Silveira Pinto donated it to the representative of the Portuguese royal house, D. Duarte Pio, and to his brother, D. Miguel de Bragança, Duke of Viseu.

https://santarvilajardim.pt/index.php/pt/2-uncategorised/46-casa-das-fidalgas

Documentary about the Ducal Palace of Vila Viçosa

The Castle of Braganca is a medieval castle located in the city of Braganca, district of Braganca, Portugal.

The Palace of Mafra, located in Mafra, Portugal, was built during the reign of King John V and was usually a secondary residence for the royal family.

In this video you can see a little of the interior of the house of D.Duarte and D.Isabel, the Dukes of Bragança.

Last edited:
This video was uploaded 7 days ago and I found it in my recommendations. I was impressed with the footage and even looked it up in google 360 maps street view - hint, you can 'walk' around the palace grounds by just pointing the mouse on the white > symbol and clicking on it and zoom in and out with the wheel to read the messages on the sculptures. Happy 'walking'!

The Queluz Palace near Lisboa, formerly known as the Quinta del Infantado (like the Infante/prince's farm or hacienda?)

Bonus video - a trip to Cascais, with the following buildings:
  • Seixas Palace at the 07.00-time stamp
  • Counts of Castro Guimaraes Palace at the 12:20 time stamp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom