Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 4: October 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, here at last some livelier pictures on this site (scroll down until "christmas")
http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/
Lucidu gave this link on another thread (Royal Danish Christmas).
Still no smile from MC, but the kids smile twice for her !

sita780 said:
I would like to, but I remember the administrators forbade it when there was the House and Garden article.:bang: Also, I do not have the rights to post pictures.
I'm really sorry about this. Administrators, if you think it is allowed, and give me the rights on this forum, I will do it with pleasure, as I have a scanner.
I forgot to send my wishes to all posters, and to the administrators who do a great job. Happy 2007 with as many pics of the GRF as possible.:wub:

We don't allow scans, since they violate copyright rules, just as we don't allow posting pictures directly (without permission) for the same reason.

However, you can post links to any pictures or any scans. Just scan pictures to your private account (Photobucket, Imageshack or similar) and post links to them.

For quick idea of our Posting Rules, have a look at New posting rules.
For full idea about our Rules, have a look at Community Rules.

sita780 said:
haha, here at last some livelier pictures on this site (scroll down until "christmas")
http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/
Lucidu gave this link on another thread (Royal Danish Christmas).
Still no smile from MC, but the kids smile twice for her !

Great link, Sita780. I can't believe how big Pavlos and MCs kids are getting. Alexia looks so much like her father! Looks like everyone was having fun, though MC wasn't smiling too much in these photos.

Lovely to see more pics of the royal families together.

Maybe the same pic, but I post the link just in case...

http://members4.boardhost.com/alexb247/msg/1168012304.html

Concerning the comment on this page, I do not think one minute that MC is jealous of Mary. On the contrary as I understand things, she is very proud of her own "working hard" values. Apparently she raises her children like this too, in the interviews there are always hints about how they deserved such and such thing by behaving well or working well at school. Nobody else among royals says such things in interviews, as far as I know. Even if, well, of course working hard for her does not exactly fit the common experience...

MC pissed off

Maybe she felt uncomfortable standing so close to Carlos and Alexia. In my opinion it´s no secret that both sisters-in-law can´t stand each other. I have never seen them talking together. And on official occasions they get regularly out of each others (their?) way.

Stefanie said:
Maybe she felt uncomfortable standing so close to Carlos and Alexia. In my opinion it´s no secret that both sisters-in-law can´t stand each other. I have never seen them talking together. And on official occasions they get regularly out of each others (their?) way.

Well it must be really hard to take care of 4 kids by your self,when the nanny is out of the way.

Another idea : someone praised Mary for having learnt her in-laws' language so well and so quickly, pouf pouf...
No, that's a nasty one, sorry...

My second idea : she's cross because Mary (or Mary's stylist) stole the idea of a string of big pearls from her...
Also I noticed Mette Marit had the same watch as MC in last Xmas photoshot.
Sometimes it must be hard to be a style icon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea that MC didn't get along with her sister in law. . .where did you hear this?

To Aphrodite 26

I didn´t hear it. But it´s obvious that they never meet each other in private, f.i. in London or Lanzarote. I watch Alexia now since her birth and intensive since Pavlos´ marriage to Marie-Chantal. Both are so different characters. I mean they won´t fight or something like that but since MC appeared with Pavlos I´ve never ever seen them even talking together or go for a walk. I videotaped both Alexandra Berleburg´s and Frederik´s wedding and everytime they had not the tiniest verbal contact. MC is always hanging around with Pavlos talking only to her girlfriends Rosario Nadal or Mette-Marit. If they were close some press or media would´ve published at least some photos over all the years.

Rumours of possible strained relationships between Princess Marie-Chantal and her sister-in-law are only just rumours.

Unless they are supported by a trustworthy source, this is no place to discuss such speculations.

Let us go back to facts : as far as I know, as I posted before, it is the first time MC does not spend Xmas with the Miller family. As I red in an old interview, she had put this condition before marrying. So she probably misses her Mom and Dad. But anyway, jokes apart, her absence of smile is most probably a coïncidence...

Yes, no one is smiling all the time. . .also. . .not one noted that Pavlos's expression is not exactly full of joy. They look like they are ready to head to the quiet of their own home.

However, I would say that MC' s glance is particularly rude, insolent, mean towards Constantine. It is not in any way in accordance with the values MC says she has. Even though when it is Christmas and you celebrate with your family and children under the Christmas Tree....

It's hard to judge what's going on in a particular situation or (especially) in someone's life based on a couple of photographs. Posing for family photos can be tiring and time-consuming, esp. if there are children who have to be placed and spoken to, etc. Who knows how long it took for those photos to be taken. Not to mention the chaos of the holidays in general. Pavlos and MC are probably like many other parents worldwide at that time of year: trying to keep the kids happy and entertained, get in all the obligatory visiting, traveling, shopping, posing for photos. They were probably tired and perhaps hoping the whole thing would be over soon.

Yes, although we prefer photos like the Christmas Card one, with wonderful smiles of everybody...
I speak of experience, it can take a lot of time and many films to get one shot OK, espacially with kids. I hope we'll see relaxed pictures in Gstaad this year... (no one with MC last year, maybe she was arranging things at home after they moved).

It's seems to me they are having a hard time with their youngest son......he seems very grumpy.....that can be frustrating!!!!

I saw the video of the photo shoot on another site & MC was wiping her son's nose & as soon as the shoot was over, both she and Pavlos turned around with the baby & walked out the back way. It looked like he was fussy and not feeling well.

I don't think there is any ill will in the picture. Marie Chantal looks to be just spacing out a bit or very tired. I have one baby and I've felt liked I got hit by a truck. Her children are older but that means they all have minds of their own. I would be tired too. She works, does some charity, raises her children, overseas her home and staff, and is married. It's a lot on anyone's plate even a princess. So she's either tired, just looking off when the camera caught her, or having a bit of a day dream. Besides she is not an overly smiley person anyway.

What video did you see, Sia ? Could you give a link ?

Thanks for the link! I hope new pictures of them in Gstaad come out soon!

By the way, I have a question...How tall do you think MC is?
Pavlos seems very tall.

Ther´re photos of MC in Gsstad. Sombody knows when she´ll open her new shop in Notting Hill.

I don't know...5'7" seems very generous to me. She's often described as "petite" in articles. In any case, she does have a very fit and well-proportioned body.

She's 5'7"? I thought she was much shorter, like 5'4"

kaffir said:
She's 5'7"? I thought she was much shorter, like 5'4"

Yes, some articles say she's 5'7" but I've always dismissed them as a bit too flattering. In all the pictures, she's always the shortest. Personally, I don't think she taller than 1,70m (=5'5"). I would also say that she's 1,65m (=5'4") but I was curious to hear others' opinion.

The People Magazine entries from when she was named one of their '50 Most Beautiful People' in 1997 and as one of the Ten Best Dressed the following year describes her as 5'7"

When she stands next to Pavlos she looks about 4 feet tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom