Monaco Princely Family Documentaries and DVDs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another documentary on Caroline, Albert and Stéphanie.
https://youtu.be/EEaBxVKHK5E

Thank you for linking this docu!

My, yes, they have a tragic fate there in Monaco, when it comes to relationships - the "Spell of the Flemish Maiden"...

If I were a Grimaldi, I'd try to break it with flower sacrifices to the Sainte Dévote - she has protected Monaco for so long, maybe she can do something on the love level as well.

I am not supersticious, but it can't do damage, can't it...

And was it just my computer, getting an update or something, but to the end of the vid the sound failed.

(I looked for a more appropriate thread to post about this old documentary, but this seemed to be the best available.)

This film was shown on Australian television several times when I was growing up.

I believe Prince Ranier had it taken into the family’s private control some years ago … and that is why younger fans of Grace Kelly/Princess Grace know about it, but on their fan-sites ask about it and express a wish to be able to see it.

There is quite a bit of information about it, lots of still photos on the internet, but no video, no short clips or excerpts.

I too would like to see it once more, but don’t expect it to ever see the light of day again.

I don’t know why, it was basically a promotional film about Monaco and would now be something of an historical look back.

A plot line of an English orphan bringing a kitten to Monaco to give to Princess Caroline, and being accompanied by an air-stewardess who has a romance with a journalist …

… it contained footage of Grace, Rainier, Frank Sinatra, Stirling Moss the racing driver, and others.

Grace going about her official duties, the couple in their palace garden with Frank Sinatra, toddler Princess Caroline playing with a hose and paddling-pool.

It has various titles, the most common being “Gluck Und Liebe in Monaco”, but also “Happiness and Love in Monaco”, “Invitation to Monaco”, “Invitation to Monte Carlo”.

Here is a link to a few stills from it -

The above three photos can be blown-up.

That is Prince Rainer with his ape riding a bicycle in one of the photos, which reminds me, their was footage of his private zoo.

A still from the film with Grace, and Rainier carrying Caroline on his shoulders.

A still of the kitten being presented to Princess Caroline in the Palace garden.

My mother was in hospital having me when Princess Grace was having Caroline, so we watched this film together several times when it was broadcast … way down in distant Tasmania … throughout the early to mid1960s.

I’m not sure if there was a colour version, but Australia only had black and white television at the time.

Some good memories of sharing this with my Mum.

And the glamour of Monaco/Monte Carlo expressed by the lead actress dancing on a roulette table in one scene … that is dancing on a sound stage made to look like an enormous roulette table.

Lots of nice photos of the lead actors and child performer, in colour, easily found on the internet, just not much of Grace and Ranier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom