Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really liking this! She looks great--but that jacket definitely needs to stay on!

Another sundress, is it that warm? Good ideal to keep the jacket on. Lovely color on her. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a complete look !!! No complaints ! And see Meghan colour is good on you !

Now this is a look I can unreservedly like. I think she looks great today!

Last edited:
Also the green is a nice nod to Australia's official sports color.

AArgh it's sold out... But I did find others:
https://us.rolandmouret.com/collections/bags

I love the orange and fuchsia ones - bummed I can't find the patent black one still...

Oh wow...I LOVE the orange...I really like the fuchsia but that orange really pops.

I bet the black will come back in stock. I tell ya if I ever win the lottery I'm going to have a whole room full of purses.

LaRae

Meghan is looking great! :flowers: Nice matching colors, the green with the black, is an attractive combination for her. Looks comfortable, too, always a plus. Is Meghan growing her hair longer? Looks like to me.

P.S. I think can safely assume that Meghan's preference are slung bags and not clutches. ;) Could be wrong but think so.

There as photo of William, Meghan, and Harry arriving in the car together. Kind of reminds me of the Queen and Prince Philip’s anniversary when the cambridges and Harry arrived together. It’s nice that Harry’s not the third wheel for once, albeit under different circumstances. :lol:

My quibble is the shade of blue for the dress and shoes don't match.

Now that you point it out... :ermm:

But I do love this look...the CAPE | the navy colour | the gold accents! She is doing a great job sartorially speaking. :D

Cape!!!

I’m just going to marvel at that for a bit. Thanks!

I thought the cape dress was fine, but it cried out for a necklace IMO. I know Meghan likes yellow gold but a bold white gold necklace with a few diamonds would have looked great (with a platinum bracelet.) So would black or red shoes. However I do like the cape dress and the clutch.

I love the dress. The shoes might look the same color in person, but in the flash of the camera, the colors look too different.

:previous: I agree, but this generation doesn't seem to want to hear our requests!!

BTW is Harry in a newer blue suit?????

I thought the cape dress was fine, but it cried out for a necklace IMO. I know Meghan likes yellow gold but a bold white gold necklace with a few diamonds would have looked great (with a platinum bracelet.) So would black or red shoes. However I do like the cape dress and the clutch.

I actually think yellow gold goes much better with navy than white gold. Gives it a bit warmth. But I agree that a gold bangle necklace would be a nice touch.

I'm just not sure what I think about this cape dress. I love the color...but it needs something..it's like she's swallowed in blue. Belted waist? Long neclace?

Something.

Love the shoes and the bag and the earring...but I need something to bring more shape or something to the dress...haven't figured it out yet.

LaRae

I'm just not sure what I think about this cape dress. I love the color...but it needs something..it's like she's swallowed in blue. Belted waist? Long neclace?

Something.

Love the shoes and the bag and the earring...but I need something to bring more shape or something to the dress...haven't figured it out yet.

LaRae

I agree, it looks a bit too stark.

I'm not really a fan of capes for eveningwear, though I know I'm in the minority here.
They seem to constrict the arms or something.

They are better as outdoor clothing, imo.

Something.

LaRae
I’d like a brooch.

Yes a lovely brooch, a nice necklace a belt...the cape it's just not doing it for me.

LaRae

She dressed really nicely today. Her day dress is bordering on a summer dress, but it works with the dark blazer and dark shoes. And you can't go wrong with a cape.

Yahoo News is reporting that Meghan wore that McQueen blazer back in February. So she's got it down to about $1000/wear.

Yes a lovely brooch, a nice necklace a belt...the cape it's just not doing it for me.

LaRae

Most of the cape style short dress and jacket I’ve seen aren’t belted. I think it’s part of the style for this round of cape. Meh on the brooch, but I think a pair of diamond chandelier earrings would’ve worked well. She doesn’t have access the jewelry yet, we’ll see what she gets as wedding presents and loans after the wedding.

The black and green dresses are beautiful.

This cape is marvelous! And the hair is at once not messy...

Most of the cape style short dress and jacket I’ve seen aren’t belted. I think it’s part of the style for this round of cape. Meh on the brooch, but I think a pair of diamond chandelier earrings would’ve worked well. She doesn’t have access the jewelry yet, we’ll see what she gets as wedding presents and loans after the wedding.

It needs something to define the shape...to me it's too poncho like...I've seen cape dresses I have liked really well, this one is just a little off for me.

LaRae

I seem to be the only one not over the top excited by color. Maybe because when someone said 'if she wore a cardigan she would look like an englishwoman' and all that came to mind is: its something Kate would wear. Meghan isn't an 'englishwoman' even when she marries. I hope she keeps her own style.

The color though is lovely. :flowers: And I love the blazer over it. Glad for a blazer, the structure, and not a cardigan. Great purse.

In love with tonight's look. Love cape dresses. Reminds me of Letizia :flowers:

Love the shoes. They seem a shade different then the dress, even without a flash, but that's great. If you're not going to use a pop of color in your accessories, picking a slight change in shade works as well. Takes you from old fashioned (look like grandma) to more stylish.

Like Letizia, wouldn't mind a statement necklace. No need for diamonds. A nice costume piece could add some detail as well.

But wouldn't a cardigan completely bring down the look? I hear you on cardis being something an Englishwoman would wear (I guess?) but in this case, a cardi would take this look from lovely to "meh"?cut.

I don’t think there’s anything English about wearing a cardi. They are popular in the US too. I have a lot. Mostly due to the fact that it’s often times colder inside with the a/c running than it is outside where I live. Or it’s a useful add on in the mornings/evenings when it’s cooler outside. Last weekend I was clothes shopping, and there was a store that had cardigans in about 10 different colors- and that’s not unusual.

I like both the green and navy dresses. I’m not a huge fan of the cape fad, but it certainly is popular. I think some jewelry would have been nice to add to the navy dress, but both dresses are pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom