Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for News and Current Events of Marius Høiby!

You can find the previous thread here:

Marius Høiby and Prince Sverre Magnus News & Current Events Part 1: January 2022- December 2023 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

And the girls has the same type too: lots of photos with him on insta

Julianne posted only professional photos. This one, on stories has lots with Marius

He's now in Palm Springs with his girlfriend. Maybe can meet Haakon in the US.

Does Marius have an occupation (other than girls)?

He's now in Palm Springs with his girlfriend. Maybe can meet Haakon in the US.
It's probably to attend Coachella. Many young adults of his age group attend that music festival

Mette-Marit's son was arrested by the police and thrown into solitary confinement after a serious incident of violence. A woman was hospitalized.

Marius arrested.
"Mette-Marit's son was arrested by the police and thrown into solitary confinement after a serious incident of violence. A woman was hospitalized.
Marius Borg Høiby (27) is said to have been arrested by the police on the night of Sunday.

The reason is an incident in an apartment on Frogner in Oslo - where there was a woman in her 20s.

What happened in the apartment between the two is a bit unclear. But according to what Se og Hør learns, Mette-Marit's eldest son is said to have attacked her psychologically and physically.

The offended woman eventually managed to get Borg Høiby out of her apartment and called the police. The police came and secured technical evidence and conducted a brief interrogation of the woman."

The Norwegian Royal Family is not having a great summer to add this, too, to the other on-going family drama.

Excerpt per my translated page on the link above:
"What happened in the apartment between the two is a little unclear. But according to what Se og Hør has learned, Mette-Marit's eldest son is said to have attacked her mentally and physically.

The offended woman eventually managed to get Borg Høiby out of her apartment and called the police. The police came and secured technical evidence and conducted a brief interrogation of the woman."

"...He was then taken to the detention center at the police station in Oslo, where, according to Se og Hør, he was put in a holding cell. According to Se og Hør, he was released on Monday afternoon after more than 30 hours in police custody.

A blood sample was routinely taken from Borg Høiby to find out if he was under the influence of drugs."

Here's another article

Nektet å forklare seg

Web translated excerpts:

"Refused to explain himself
Marius Borg Høiby has hired a high-profile star lawyer with cutting-edge expertise in criminal law.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit (50) was supposed to be present today during the men's 1500 final at the Olympics in Paris. Haakon appeared in the stands alone, without Mette-Marit by his side.
According to the Palace's program, both were listed as following the Olympics from 6 to 10 August, but when the daily program for today was not listed, Mette-Marit was not listed.

- The Crown Princess has postponed her departure for the time being and hopes to travel down later, writes communications adviser Simen Løvberg Sund..."

Per the lawyer statement to Se og Hør, Bratlien says:

"...The charge relates to bodily harm, which according to the law is the least serious form of violence. Neither my client nor I have been made aware of the entire content of the case, nor has he explained himself yet, on my advice..."

Oh, no, no, no. Not good, and just what his technical-grandparents and stepdad do not need right now. And of course his mother deals with enough every day.

Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like this is a minor thing, but I guess we’ll see what the facts (and charges) are.

Additional.
And the original article:

Marius has indeed been arrested and charged for assault according to the mildest paragraph, but that's quite common while a police investigation is going on.
A woman in her twenties who were in the apartment is the victim.
Marius was arrested early Sunday morning.
The apartment is smashed up.

- That Marius has been arrested and detained and on top of that put in in a drunk tank for 30 hours, suggest to me that this is serious!
Normally people who are arrested for assault are either released after a while pending trial, or are sentenced right away. Typically a fine or a period in jail. (I don't know the Norwegian penal code, so I can't speculate about the sentencing. In DK in comparison he might get 40 days as a first offender and if he caused some sort of injury. 90 days if it's a bit more serious. - More if it get really serious. In other words: You'll be doing time, unless it's a minor brawl or you just lost your temper and slapped or spat on someone once.)

My guess is that he ran amok while under influence of something. And that he at the very least seriously frightened the poor woman, perhaps pushed her around.
Anyway, this is pretty bad! And no doubt one of the nightmare scenarios for all royal families.

ADDED: Having read through the articles and again I don't know the Norwegian penal code, Marius will be very lucky to avoid jail-time.

Marius arrested.
"Mette-Marit's son was arrested by the police and thrown into solitary confinement after a serious incident of violence. A woman was hospitalized.
Marius Borg Høiby (27) is said to have been arrested by the police on the night of Sunday.

The reason is an incident in an apartment on Frogner in Oslo - where there was a woman in her 20s.

What happened in the apartment between the two is a bit unclear. But according to what Se og Hør learns, Mette-Marit's eldest son is said to have attacked her psychologically and physically.

I read the article.

The woman has suffered a concussion, so she must at least have been pushed off her feet.
Marius was not in solitary, but in the drunk-tank. I.e. a cell where there is only a minimum of things he can destroy or hurt himself with. - And released after 30 hours, which is a pretty long time to sober up!

Last edited:
Wow...I am truly shocked. I hope he didn't sexually assault her or rape her.
Either way violence against women whether physical or psychological is awful and deeply upsetting. Especially so as The Crown Princely couple has worked so publicly with organizations geared at ending violence against women.

My guess is that he ran amok while under influence of something. And that he at the very least seriously frightened the poor woman, perhaps pushed her around.
Anyway, this is pretty bad! And no doubt one of the nightmare scenarios for all royal families.

ADDED: Having read through the articles and again I don't know the Norwegian penal code, Marius will be very lucky to avoid jail-time.
Perhaps he should not.

But… he needs to have a trial, probably, for that to happen.
Marius was not in solitary, but in the drunk-tank. I.e. a cell where there is only a minimum of things he can destroy or hurt himself with. - And released after 30 hours, which is a pretty long time to sober up!
If they thought he was having an adverse reaction to something legal or illegal, he would have gotten medical attention, so I’m not sure he would have been in the drunk tank for 30 hours. So it seems like he might have just been drunk? We’ll see.

Perhaps he should not.

If they thought he was having an adverse reaction to something legal or illegal, he would have gotten medical attention, so I’m not sure he would have been in the drunk tank for 30 hours. So it seems like he might have just been drunk? We’ll see.
Oh, he will face a trial, I can't see how he can wriggle himself out of that. Or at the very least plead guilty and face a sentence.

It puzzles me as well that he was detained in drunk-tank (the Norwegian papers are specific about that - glatt-cell) for so long. 30 hours is a long time! Even allowing time for him to sober up, sleep, talk a little to his lawyer, being questioned and facing a judge, that's a pretty long time!
I know some who in our younger days sometimes ended up in the drunk tank or got arrested for fighting, and they were let out as soon as possible.
I don't know. We shall see. The Norwegian press won't rest until everything has come out. And if they won't, the Scandinavian press will.

But is it disturbing.
I have no idea how Marius is as person.
Perhaps he's an entitled, nasty piece of work.
Perhaps he's a nice guy with a temper.
Perhaps he can't control himself if drunk. Because as Prinsara says, if he was under influence of a drug, surely he would have ended up in the ER first - and perhaps he was?
Perhaps he is a very jealous type.

Last edited:
This is terrible for the Royal House of Norway. Although Marius is not a member of the royal family or the royal house, he is the son of the future Queen Consort of Norway, and therefore should behave exemplarily. But unfortunately the royal house of Norway always has problems with its members or people close to them. I hope that in the future, at least, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus will be able to avoid controversy.

This is a very disturbing and unexpected news.
I really hope the woman will be fine and justice will do its work without interferences.
This must be a nightmarish situation for every institution.
Again, really hope the girl will be all right and her privacy will be protected as much as possible

Nettavisen's royal house expert Tove Taalesen reacts with disbelief to the news:
- The case is just sad for everyone involved. Marius Borg Høiby is the elder brother in the family, and thus also a role model for the two younger half-siblings. He is too grown up to make such bad lifestyle choices.
She believes the case could have a negative impact on the royal family:
- Serious internal family matters take the focus away from the royal family's representation duties. Mette-Marit did not travel to the Olympics in Paris, and the crown prince sits alone in the stands and cheers on the Norwegians. A family tragedy. In the past year, there has been more focus on the non-working royals and their private lives for better or for worse, less focus on the important work that the royal couple and crown prince couple do.

My first thought was, "Wow, some people will do anything to get out of having to go to ML's wedding." (Sorry, bad joke. Just kidding.)

On a more serious note, I hope everyone is OK, and it's all a massive misunderstanding. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps he should not.

I agree with you 100% he should be taken to court and judged like any other person committing the same offenses. This was an act of violence, possibly under the influence, that could have taken a turn to the worst for this lady who suffered a concussion.

There's no excuse. I still don't know how he became the person he is now considering Haakon and Mette, and the rest of the RF, provided him the same family structure his half siblings had.

But we can't blame parenting for decisions done by grown kids or young adults, especially when their circle of friends have more influence that plain common sense. It happens in all families. If and when he is out of custody or prison let's hope his life takes a turn to the positive. A start would be for him, as a grown man, to acknowledge his faults, what led him to these decisions and make amends to do better. But it all starts with him.

He is now all over the news dragging his mother's name into his scandal, remember he is not a teenager or young adult but a 27-year-old adult:

Hola Magazine
Crown Princess' son arrested after incident: Report
Excerpt:
"Per Se og Hør, the woman eventually managed to get the Crown Princess' firstborn out of her apartment and called the police. She is said to have been admitted to a hospital for investigation and was discharged on Monday morning after being diagnosed with a concussion."

Dagen News USA
Scandal Strikes Norwegian Royal Family: Crown Princess' Son Arrested
"Police report that the woman managed to get Marius out of the apartment and called for help. She was admitted to the hospital with a concussion but has since been released...Since his release, Marius has been staying at the Skaugum estate with his mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit."

Adessa News (Norway)
Marius Borg Høiby charged in violence case
Excerpt
"The violent incident is said to have taken place on the night of Sunday.
Press officer Unni Grøndal in the Oslo police district confirms to NTB that the police moved out to an address in Frogner on Sunday morning, after a report of a violent incident that allegedly occurred during the night.
"A person was arrested and charged with assault and later discharged from custody," Grøndal writes."

Honey Nine - Australia
Son of Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit charged with assault
Excerpt
Crown Prince Haakon was photographed without his wife on Tuesday, attending the athletics in Paris and the equestrian in Versailles. He was joined by Monaco's Prince Albert for part of the day...
...Hoiby was raised by Crown Prince Haakon since he was three years old, when his mother married Norway's future King...According to Norwegian historian and author Trond Norén Isaksen, it is the first time a member of the royal family has been charged with a crime." *

*My editorial: after a certain wedding takes place, Marius' achievement will be surpassed by the five-times prison inmate record of a certain Mr. Shaman

Although Marius is not a member of the royal family or the royal house,

He is a member of the Royal Family, but not the Royal House (the same is true for Prince Sverre Magnus).

Marius might have been in for 30 hours simply because of who he was, not because of what happened. Not exactly easy for the police — have to notify the Palace, check if he has diplo immunity, who knows what, etc.

Perhaps it was simply easier to leave him by himself and out of media range while things were sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom