Looking for Help with Background Story for a TV Show

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Durham
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. Thank you for having me and for taking a moment to consider lending me a hand.

I am revising the script for a one-hour drama with comedic elements (a.k.a. a "dramedy"), which I have conceived and am actively developing to self-produce. The story recounts the efforts of a group of friends and family to found a craft beer microbrewery in the city of Asheville (a.k.a. Beer City, USA) which is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, just east of the Tennessee border. [NOTE: The entire region is a wonderful place you should go out of the way to visit if ever given the chance: Explore Asheville | Things to Do, Events, & Hotels | Asheville, NC's Official Travel Site ]

Two of the three main characters are the twin children of a wealthy couple from Boston. Their father, Thomas Winston Spencer, is an expat who was attending Harvard to earn a Master's, having attended uni back home in England, when he met, fell in love with, and married a local woman. As his name suggests, he is related to the Spencer-Churchill clan, but though I want the connection to be believable, I require it also be fictional, as there is no point courting trouble.

For what it is worth, my character respects and admires his namesake, and he absolutely aspires to greatness, but he is not delusional such that he thinks he will become historically significant. He does, however, believe that to improve one's chances of becoming great you should make a study of those who have done so. (A notion he and I have in common.) He does follow his relative's lead in that he regularly drinks Johnnie Walker (though he opts for the Blue Label) with water; smokes the occasional good cigar; and takes naps for restorative purposes. Any other peccadilloes folks think would make for good TV viewing which I could write into the character would be much appreciated.

Here is the post I made about the particulars if you are able to assist me in crafting his lineage: Creating A Fictional Branch of the Spencer Family for a TV Character

Should it matter to anyone, this is what is known as the logline for my show. It is a brief overview to get people interested, so more of a teaser than a synopsis. To clarify, Jim is the NC kid trying to make something of himself despite a tough start as a poor only child to a single mom. The twins are his girlfriend, Meghan, and her brother, Michael, who is a masterful brewer of beer. He is Jim's best friend and flatmate, as well as his partner in the would-be business. The investor, of course, is Thom.

When wantrepreneur "idea guy" Jim sets out to open a craft brewery, his dream of business ownership is threatened by a domineering investor, a partner with expensive ideas, and a girlfriend with differing priorities.

Thank you for having me, and for entertaining this unusual request. I appreciate any feedback, am always looking for readers (email "kenneth@lotsbrewing.com" if interested), and hope that you Stay Tuned...

Attachments

• LOTS_BREWING_Hero.png
    LOTS_BREWING_Hero.png
    496.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom