Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually like the thought of them in the grocery store. Imagine running in to them while doing your shopping. That would be quite the sighting!

I wonder how often they do change nannies. Does anyone know?

I am not too sure but I believe this is the 2nd one after Hansje Gotz. Queen Beatrix used to change them each year, to prevent their children from getting too close to a nanny and see them as some sort of surrogate mother.

According to www.royalblog.nl Carmen Zorreguieta has been spotted in Lech too.

The blog also writes that Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander actually go to the supermarket themselves and that Willem-Alexander likes to cook, especially pasta.

The reporters also asked how Amalia liked school. Maxima said that the first week she was still excited but the second week she started to complain that she had to go out of bed so early each day. But school is going well, Amalia made new friends and the teacher is great.

Edit: I just saw RTL Boulevard, apparently Renee Roell is also in Leh (the Queen went skiing with her after the photosession was over) and Willem-Alexander actually awnsered what they gave his mother for her birthday: a book with pictures of her art works.

Apparently Amalia wore a helmet at home for a week, to get used to it as she has to wear it while skiing. Maxima also said that this would probably be the last skiing holiday with the Queen as in the future Amalia can not skip school anymore (this year she is not oblidged to go yet).

Oh umm,Marengo,it's Máxima that does the cooking as she said herself,"mostly pasta's" said the Prince.Their annual stay in Lech is also the time they meet up with family and friends from Argentina.Short after their recent stay in the latter,but still,it has become a tradition.:)

If Amaila can't miss school so they may not go skiing next year, how can Elois miss school for the family ski trip?

I am not too sure but I believe this is the 2nd one after Hansje Gotz. Queen Beatrix used to change them each year, to prevent their children from getting too close to a nanny and see them as some sort of surrogate mother.
may be it is a good idea, the kids probably would get attach to the nanny, but in the other hand it is not easy to get the rutin with a new one, i can imagine the extend of investigation and background check that have this nnanies!

That would be too bad if they weren't able to go to the winter holiday next year because of Amalia's school. Maybe they take a winter break during Amalia's winter break?! The children look so adorable. Little Alexia looks like her mother every passing day.

Last edited:
If Amaila can't miss school so they may not go skiing next year, how can Elois miss school for the family ski trip?

In Belgium it was a school holiday from the 4th until the 8th of february so she missed one week of school!

Oh umm,Marengo,it's Máxima that does the cooking as she said herself,"mostly pasta's" said the Prince.Their annual stay in Lech is also the time they meet up with family and friends from Argentina.Short after their recent stay in the latter,but still,it has become a tradition.:)

Who were accompanied by the royal family from Argentina?

I think that is a terrible thing to do! Sorry but I cannot agree with this statement. Being attach to someone is a goood thing expecialy when we are talking about children of these age. It good to have someone we know to play and to trust :bang:!It is really bad for children to have different people taking care of them each year!!!!!:ohmy:

CUUUTE! I love the photos! The children are so sweet!
It is always great to see them all together! :wub:

I know this may sound pretty obvious, and it's ressuring that they resemble their parents...BUT how much do Eloise and Claus-Casimir look like minitures of their parents?? Bizarre!!

I think that is a terrible thing to do! Sorry but I cannot agree with this statement. Being attach to someone is a goood thing expecialy when we are talking about children of these age. It good to have someone we know to play and to trust :bang:!It is really bad for children to have different people taking care of them each year!!!!!:ohmy:
in their position, I suppose it is difficult to say, I think becasue of the trips that they do, they are too long far from the kids, I would be jelous if my kid would get too atach to a person, more than me., but of course we do not move in their circle, I don't know for me it would be difficult other way, to get to trust a different person every year , to give my kids, well this is hard too.

Yes I think the problem is that ashlen, maybe a bit jelous because the kids are more attach to a nany than to their own parents, maybe the problem is that and I think that if they are afarid of that they should do something to change that and changing nannies all the time is not the solution IMO!

Yes I think the problem is that ashlen, maybe a bit jelous because the kids are more attach to a nany than to their own parents, maybe the problem is that and I think that if they are afarid of that they should do something to change that and changing nannies all the time is not the solution IMO!

you know, I was surprsie the first time she had the state visit to Argentina she left Amalia with the nanny, she was just little, and I thought in the way that Maxima probably grow up, I was wondering how she was feeling living her daughter at home, how does she cope with that? becasue eventhought I know they have all this state visits I think if I was in their possition I would take the kids and the nannies with me to the trips until they reach the time to go to school!but of course it is just me.

I think little Ariana should have stayed at home (I have taken my 2 year old son to the snow last weekend and he was always complain that it was cold that I couldn't be with him outside) so if little Ariana was with a flue I think she should be left at home!!!

Ariane was actually brought back inside after 15 minutes already, the Queen also left the photosession earlier than the others and went skiing.

I think little Ariana should have stayed at home (I have taken my 2 year old son to the snow last weekend and he was always complain that it was cold that I couldn't be with him outside) so if little Ariana was with a flue I think she should be left at home!!!
Do you mean home= in the hotel , or home= in the Netherlands? :neutral:

Do you mean home= in the hotel , or home= in the Netherlands? :neutral:

If she means the latter,she'll have it her way,the family returns this weekend.
Monday is back to business and a very busy week.
:)

That was a short winter break. Has it always been this way?

Lech Photo Session: February 16, 2009

A photoshoot will take place in Lech, February 16, 2009.

Present will be HM the Queen, TRH the Prince and Princess of Orange, their children, HRH Princess Amalia, HRH Princess Alexia and HRH Princess Ariane of the Netherlands, TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands and their children, HE Countess Eloise, HE Count Claus-Casimir and HE Countess Eleonore of Orange-Nassau.

During last photoshoots there was usually time for the press to ask questions to WA and Maxima. The questions were always friendly and nice AFAIK but this time the RVD announced that it will not be allowed to ask questions to the RF. Note that HM never was interviewed like this.

Is there a special occasion that has inspired the photoshoot?

Why is this?

No idea; but it was a fairly new concept that the press could ask questions after such a photoshoot. It never happened with HM the Queen AFAIK, only a few times last years with WA and Maxima. Perhaps the couple feels uncomfortable in giving too much information about their children, since that is what the journalists will ask about? Or perhaps it is time for a more formal and royal approach, as the Queen has.

RandomlyKeira said:
Is there a special occasion that has inspired the photoshoot?

They have a photoshoot each year when they go on winter holidays, the idea is that they give the press some pictures here and the press will leave them alone for the rest of the week.

didn't Maximacomment last year becasue Amailia is in scgool now they will not be comming yhis 2009?

Back
Top Bottom