Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was a little surprised in revisiting original broadcasts of the night in Paris, that in hindsight they don't seem to carry much of the tension of the night, hearing events unfold, of the Mercedes and passengers involved.

I don't know if Patrick Doyle's 'Sense and Sensibility' inspired 'Time' from Hans Zimmer's 'soundtrack. But it's effective in recalling the evening.. in a way, that news outlets were not really able to capture :

Last edited:
Princess Diana's body is moved to Kensington Palace:

Princess Diana's body is moved to Kensington Palace:

Really? But why?

She was LOVED, popular and all the world grieved her, yes.

But at the moment of her death she was not already a member of the Royal Family.

Really? But why?

She was LOVED, popular and all the world grieved her, yes.

But at the moment of her death she was not already a member of the Royal Family.
Do you mean she was not a member of the royal family? According to the official site of the Royal family she continued to be a part of the royal family after her divorce. She only lost her HRH.

Gosh cannot believe it's been 27 years I remember when I first joined TRF it was around the time of the Inquest. I was 6 when Diana passed so I don't have much memory of that timeframe but my parents do and she was the first member of the royal family I fell in love with when I got a bit older. I know she wasn't perfect but still admire her to this day 🩷

Mods if I am posting this in the wrong place please do move it to the appropriate place:

With her anniversary this past Sunday I re-opened alot of my old files and one thing that stood out to me that I don't fully understand is alot of people probably know there were two men who "could" have been the potential drivers of the Fiat Uno. One is James Andanson and the other is Le Van Thanh. My question pertains to Le Van. Before I explain myself please understand I am in no way a conspiracy theorist merely trying to get a bit of understanding as I often find both the Inquest transcripts and Paget report difficult to grasp.

In 2022 Channel 4 aired a documentary called Investigating Diana: Death in Paris. In one part they speak about Le Van and why they let him go. Eric Gigou and Marie Monteil of the Brigade Criminal state that some things matched but the thing that said which threw me is they stated the paint on his car didn't match because for years I had been under the impression it did.

I then began looking into Operation Paget and then the inquest files the most I could come up with in terms of what was said about the paint not matching was the fact that the undercoat they found was a cream color but Operation Paget put it down to it probably not being an original undercoat since the car had been repainted. The document states the original color though did match. Something else then caught my eye, in the inquest they mention that an auto scan was run on the car twice. On the second run it found a filling in the car's bodywork but it was too low and did not match point of contact with the Mercedes hence why he was let go. So then I don't grasp why Paget believed they could not rule this person out?

For references this is the documentary I am referring to. Mention of the Fiat is around the 6:49 mark

Operation Paget refers to it on Chapter 14 towards the end
https://downloads.bbc.co.uk/news/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/14_12_06_diana_report.pdf

and the two mentions of the second Fiat Uno driver during the inquest. To find the exact point that driver is mentioned on the computer hit ctrl + f and search Le Van
UK Government Web Archive

UK Government Web Archive

Not sure exactly where to post this. Mods, please move if this is the not the right place.

Here's an article which touches on the death of Diana in the last paragraphs. It reports that she was warned by Rosa Monckton that Al Fayed was a very shady character & best avoided.

Shocking details about Al Fayed's crimes, for which he was never prosecuted. And the events around Diana's death played a part in that avoidance of justice.

This makes me so sad. This man-for whom I felt so much sympathy following the loss of his son- spun a web for Diana that indirectly led to her death.
What a waste.😓

Back
Top Bottom