Lady Jane Fellowes (née Spencer) and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Comments from Earl Spencer on his brother-in-laws death

“My absolutely exceptional brother-in-law Robert is no longer with us.
“A total gentleman, in all the best meanings of that word, he was a man of humour, wisdom and utter integrity. I’m deeply proud to have been his brother-in-law.”

As well as being Diana's brother-in-law, he was also Ronald Ferguson's first cousin, which made him first cousin once removed to the Duchess of York.

I can only imagine how 'interesting' his job became through the late 80s and early 90s, given these family relationships. His memoirs would have been a fascinating read.

A sad day for the family.

A little more on the death of Lord Fellowes

Reactions: SLV
I wonder if we will see either of the Princes at his funeral?

That is usually what aristocratic families do - small family service and then up to a year later a memorial service.
However, I'm sure William and Harry would be welcome at either or both as close family.

That is usually what aristocratic families do - small family service and then up to a year later a memorial service.
However, I'm sure William and Harry would be welcome at either or both as close family.
I totally agree that they would be welcome at either or both. I just thought a low key private service might suit the family as Robert Fellowes did not seek the limelight in life. Also to avoid unwelcome speculation around who is going.

I suspect it is the most likely option - his death was only announced publicly 2 days after it happened and everything about the family suggests they crave privacy. I suspect we'll hear after the fact that the funeral has taken place and hear no more about who did or didn't attend.

I can very well imagine the Fellowes-Spencer family keeping the funeral very small and very private… Both for their own sake as neither of Lord Robert or Lady Jane has ever sought the limelight… But also to avoid articles in DM etc about wether W and H will be there or not…

The Royal Court usually holds a memorial service later at St James’ or in Windsor when a former high ranking official has died…Cosidering that he was Assistant Private Secretary, Deputy Private Secretary, and then Principal Private Secretary to QEII, i fully expect one to be held later…

I can very well imagine the Fellowes-Spencer family keeping the funeral very small and very private… Both for their own sake as neither of Lord Robert or Lady Jane has ever sought the limelight… But also to avoid articles in DM etc about wether W and H will be there or not…

The Royal Court usually holds a memorial service later at St James’ or in Windsor when a former high ranking official has died…Cosidering that he was Assistant Private Secretary, Deputy Private Secretary, and then Principal Private Secretary to QEII, i fully expect one to be held later…
He was over 20 years in the Royal Household and I think we indeed may see a private Family Funeral with a Memorial Service at a later date.

The press are reporting that both William and Harry attended the funeral. This has come from the Sun, which isn't the world's most reliable source, but I can't see why they'd make it up. I hope it's true - he was their uncle, and they should have been there to pay their respects and support their aunt and cousins.

The press are reporting that both William and Harry attended the funeral. This has come from the Sun, which isn't the world's most reliable source, but I can't see why they'd make it up. I hope it's true - he was their uncle, and they should have been there to pay their respects and support their aunt and cousins.
Yes I do hope we will see either one or both of the Princes in attendance.

Back
Top Bottom