King Sverker I (1100-1156) and Wifes (Ulvhild Håkansdotter and Richeza of Poland)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
Sverker the Elder (c. 1100 - 25 December 1156), also known as Sverker I, was King of Sweden from about 1132 until his murder. Of non-royal descent, he founded the House of Sverker, the rulers of which alternated with the rival House of Erik over the next century.
More information: Sverker the Elder - Wikipedia

King of Sweden:
Reign:
c. 1132 – 25 December 1156
Predecessor Magnus I
Successor: Erik IX
Born: c. 1100
Died: 25 December 1156, Near Alvastra, Sweden
Wifes: Ulvhild Håkansdotter
Richeza of Poland
Children:
Charles VII
John
House: Sverker
Father: Cornube

Ulvhild Håkansdotter (c. 1095 – c. 1148), was twice Queen of Sweden (c. 1117–25 and c. 1134–48) and once Queen of Denmark (c. 1130–34) through her successive marriages to Inge II of Sweden, Niels of Denmark, and Sverker I of Sweden. Ulvhild had an important role in the Nordic dynastic connections of her time, but the sources are insufficient on detailed circumstances. She is mentioned as a femme fatale of medieval Scandinavia, as well as a benefactor of the Catholic Church.
More information: Ulvhild Håkansdotter - Wikipedia

Richeza of Poland (12 April 1116 – after 25 December 1156), a member of the House of Piast, was twice Queen of Sweden and once Princess of Minsk through her three marriages.
Richeza was the daughter of Bolesław III Wrymouth, Duke of Poland, by his second wife, Salomea of Berg. Tradition describes her as unusually beautiful.
More information: Richeza of Poland, Queen of Sweden - Wikipedia

Composite showing the location of Sverker's family grave at Alvastra:

The Sverker Stone (Sverkerstenen) monument at the site of the assassination:

Back
Top Bottom