King Juan Carlos - Fiscal Investigations, Inheritance and Exile : 2018-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to say the entire Juan Carlos / Corinna Larsen relationship really turned so toxic and Don Juan Carlos came out the worst for it all.

I have just watched the documentary “Juan Carlos The Downfall of the King” … a four part series … on Australian tv.

I found it fascinating.

I watched all four episodes straight through. Too much detail to share here, and most of it from Corinna Larsen herself, so her side of things of course … but I would recommend this show to anyone interested in what happened if you get the chance to watch it at some stage.

I have just watched the documentary “Juan Carlos The Downfall of the King” … a four part series … on Australian tv.

I found it fascinating.

I watched all four episodes straight through. Too much detail to share here, and most of it from Corinna Larsen herself, so her side of things of course … but I would recommend this show to anyone interested in what happened if you get the chance to watch it at some stage.
Yes I saw that on SKY TV last year ,I felt very sorry for queen Sofia and her children after watching it.
The utter humiliation that queen Sofia endured and always keeping a brave smile for the public.

Yes I saw that on SKY TV last year ,I felt very sorry for queen Sofia and her children after watching it.
The utter humiliation that queen Sofia endured and always keeping a brave smile for the public.
I found so many things in it surprising An Ard Ri … such a different world to what most people would consider “normal”.

I found so many things in it surprising An Ard Ri … such a different world to what most people would consider “normal”.
And the claims by one insider that Sofia left him and went to live with her mother and sister after discovering JC in the act at Zarzuela.

And the claims by one insider that Sofia left him and went to live with her mother and sister after discovering JC in the act at Zarzuela.
It struck me how Sofia was described to “ have already lost” by the time she returned.
The facade presented versus the reality too, like when she visited the hospital, but did not actually see the King, and only spoke with hospital staff before coming out again and speaking to the press.
But really, so much cash handed to the King by the leaders of other countries that there was a special room full of it just sitting there.
Even Corinna organising Felipe and Letizia’s secret, very expensive honeymoon, after the cheap honeymoon the public was told about because of Spain’s economic troubles at the time.
And the young woman’s fall from her balcony when she wouldn’t terminate the pregnancy, that inference was shocking.
Really so many things.

Even Corinna organising Felipe and Letizia’s secret, very expensive honeymoon, after the cheap honeymoon the public was told about because of Spain’s economic troubles at the time.
That story is a manipulation that the press has invented in recent years, after it was discovered that Juan Carlos had commissioned Corinna to organize the honeymoon.

The first thing, at that time there was no economic crisis in Spain, it was 2004. The economic crisis was when Juan Carlos traveled to Botswana in 2012.

It has always been known and was published in the press at the time, that the honeymoon of the then Prince and Princess of Asturias had 3 stages. After the wedding they spent 3 days in Spain visiting several places... the reason is that they had to travel the weekend following their wedding to the wedding of the Crown Prince of Jordan. Jordan was the second stage of the honeymoon, there they attended the wedding celebrations and visited Petra, and the press was present at all of those events. From Jordan they embarked on a private honeymoon, about which no information was given to the press, but there was speculation about destinations (which Corinna leaked many years later).

Contrary to what those who spread hoaxes against the Monarchy say, it was always known how the honeymoon developed. They also launch the hoax that it lasted 3 months, when the wedding was on May 22 and on June 23 they were in Madrid at the king's name day events.

That story is a manipulation that the press has invented in recent years, after it was discovered that Juan Carlos had commissioned Corinna to organize the honeymoon.

The first thing, at that time there was no economic crisis in Spain, it was 2004. The economic crisis was when Juan Carlos traveled to Botswana in 2012.

It has always been known and was published in the press at the time, that the honeymoon of the then Prince and Princess of Asturias had 3 stages. After the wedding they spent 3 days in Spain visiting several places... the reason is that they had to travel the weekend following their wedding to the wedding of the Crown Prince of Jordan. Jordan was the second stage of the honeymoon, there they attended the wedding celebrations and visited Petra, and the press was present at all of those events. From Jordan they embarked on a private honeymoon, about which no information was given to the press, but there was speculation about destinations (which Corinna leaked many years later).

Contrary to what those who spread hoaxes against the Monarchy say, it was always known how the honeymoon developed. They also launch the hoax that it lasted 3 months, when the wedding was on May 22 and on June 23 they were in Madrid at the king's name day events.
Thanks lula.

Although I don’t follow the Spanish Royal family I did find this four-part documentary riverting.

No-one comes out of it well.

Even poor Prince Albert of Monaco … having known Corinna Larsen since she was seventeen, and then not responding when she reached out to him because Spanish authorities were “visiting” her at her home in Monaco.

Her local knowledge of the procedures for private jet travel out of Nice gave her the upper hand when she was able to take off with those black boxes of photos and documents that she displayed some of the contents of, and that are now out of their reach.
And they supplied the boxes to her.

A lot of things in the documentary don’t shine a benign light on anyone … even Sofia and her daughters going to the money room when they needed cash.

The hunting trips and safaris where Royals mixed with many dubious characters … such a different aspect to their lives than what is portrayed about them via their public duties. (I mean all these “elites” and world leaders, not just the former King of Spain.)

Corinna Larsen comes across as a very smart woman, despite the comments about her from her ex-husband.

And accomplished, helping the King sort out his gun problem.

But, such a different world, such different ethics.

Last edited:
Is this the same documentary is on HBO Max? It is called ´saving the king´ there, but I still have to watch it.

Corina Larsen comes across as a very smart woman, despite the comments about her from her ex-husband.
She is also a tremendously ambitious, narcissistic and vengeful woman, who, for example, collaborated with a corrupt Spanish police officer by leaking many things and creating interested or false information. A woman who lives very well thanks to the millions she got from Juan Carlos and his friends.

Her first husband does not speak well of her, and he even maintains a friendship with Juan Carlos. Before meeting Juan Carlos, she already had problems with her second husband's family, the Sayn Wittgensteins, who never liked her and who have always been against her using the family's title and surname.

She has created a story and has gotten some press to give her credibility, something that's easy when you know the other party is never going to talk. But she has not managed to prove anything before the British justice system.

Is this the same documentary is on HBO Max? It is called ´saving the king´ there, but I still have to watch it.
The one I saw last night Marengo was titled “Juan Carlos The Downfall of the King”.

It was made by Sky and distributed by NBC.

Four parts, and the version I saw had English sub-titles by our Australian tv station SBS.

Each episode finished with a note that all interviews … there are a lot with Corinna Larsen, and many with different people … the Spanish Secret Police, Spanish media, an Israeli bodyguard, male friends of the ex-King … we’re completed by December 2022.

Corinna shows us some of her house, and some items that she kept from the Royal authorities that she managed to get safely to London.

I think Juan Carlos was an unhappy/lonely man … putting Corinna and her son in the estate next door and visiting them on his motorbike every day.

Selina Scott is in it quite a bit too.

Interesting to hear Corinna’s ex-husband suggest that the King broke his hip needing to use the toilet in the African bush in the dark dead of night.

Not his first safari or elephant kill too, Corinna goes through some of her photo albums.

Corinna made it all sound very cloak and dagger with the Spanish Secret Police and her secret items!

Juan Carlos came across as a very spoilt immature man who cared nothing for his wife and children and did as he pleased as he was King.
He could have brought down the Spanish Monarchy towards the end of his reign.
'The Bourbons have learned nothing and forgotten nothing'

Back
Top Bottom