King Hussein, Queen Noor & Family: Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Hussein of Jordan with his wife Queen Noor and son Prince Hamzah at Disneyland 1982 © 1982 Gunther
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Seeing these pictures reminds me how much I miss the King and the deep love and respect we had for him. King Hussein and Queen Noor were such a great team for Jordan and these pictures show that although perhaps, Noor wasn't the same kind of love as Hussein and Alia, perhaps it was a more mature kind of love. I think their marriage was a solid working relationship and Noor did shine her light in her own way.

When was the video from?

What we need to do..and I know its hard to so (this not directed at anyone in particular) is to try to remember that no one person loves the same at least in reference to different people. From what I can gather both Alia and Noor had different personalities, qualities, etc so of course Hussein couldn't or wouldn't have the same type of love for these women.

What's also important to remember is that Alia (due to her tragic death at such at young age) is always going to be frozen in time. The love that Hussein felt for her (as well as their three children growing up without their mother) is always going to remembered with a thought of....What could have been? And there always be beautiful memories. Not to take anything away from their marriage....but who knows what could have happened if she stayed alive. Not to arouse those who love and miss Queen Alia (and also to try to get back on to topic) but for all we know...it might have ended at some point. Don't forget...he loved Dina and Muna deeply as well at one time.

Just a thought.

Absolutely right Zonk. I meant that it was common knowledge Hussein was head over heels in love with Alia and was like an overgrown kid, whereas I think his decision to marry Noor was a much more measured decision, as well he had three small kids to think about. Not trying to detract from Noor in any way, in my opinion she was a great asset to Jordan and still is. It must have been very hard for Noor as nobody can compete with a dead spouse. All of these ladies helped Hussein become the man he was and each had their own special qualities.

Noor was the longest marriage and bore him 4 children, so something clicked with them :)

What we need to do..and I know its hard to so (this not directed at anyone in particular) is to try to remember that no one person loves the same at least in reference to different people. From what I can gather both Alia and Noor had different personalities, qualities, etc so of course Hussein couldn't or wouldn't have the same type of love for these women.

What's also important to remember is that Alia (due to her tragic death at such at young age) is always going to be frozen in time. The love that Hussein felt for her (as well as their three children growing up without their mother) is always going to remembered with a thought of....What could have been? And there always be beautiful memories. Not to take anything away from their marriage....but who knows what could have happened if she stayed alive. Not to arouse those who love and miss Queen Alia (and also to try to get back on to topic) but for all we know...it might have ended at some point. Don't forget...he loved Dina and Muna deeply as well at one time.

Just a thought.
Great post, Zonk!

I've always felt that Queen Alia was the love of his life and if she had not died under such tragic circumstnaces they would have remained together. Noor had the fortune of being in the right place at the right time.

Queen Noor and King Hussien looks so proud and happy when their first child, Prince Hamzah was born in 1980. Thank you for the photo, Salma.

Yes is nice pic of them. :flowers: King Hussein and Noor were sad after Noor´s miscarriage one year before (March 1979) and I think when Hamzah born they were very happy.

Thank you for the photos, Salma, Xavi83 and Jordan. Queen Noor looks beautiful in red with the pearl around her neck. :flowers:

Even though I am not a Jordanian, I felt very sad when King Hussein died. I have an enormous admiration for him, Queen Noor and their lovely children. Thank you for all those photos.

thanks salma , really I loved her earrings.
Thanks Carminha Stalker for your noble feelings, I really like when non Jordanians share the same feelings for his late majesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
This picture is interesting,because K.Hussein was already sick,right?And he keeps smoking as we can see here.Well,let's hope his sons won't follow his "healthy" habbits.

This picture is interesting,because K.Hussein was already sick,right?And he keeps smoking as we can see here.Well,let's hope his sons won't follow his "healthy" habbits.
King Hussein was a heavy smoker, so are his kids now they are all heavy smokers, especially Hamzah.

Queen Noor & King Hussein

Princess Firyal is sitting behind them.... Woman with hair pulled back and glasses.

She wore the top in some events and in other photoshoot in 1984.

Back
Top Bottom