King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News, Part 2: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Princess of Asturias, accompanied by the King Felipe VI, the Queen Letizia and Infanta Sofía, at the graduation ceremony for their International Baccalaureate studies at the UWC Atlantic College of Wales, of the United World Colleges (UWC) educational institution.

https://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_actividades_detalle.aspx?data=15730

What is the name the presenter called Leonor at the end?

Last edited:
She wasn't called by any nickname, the presenter simply said "We will miss your humour".

I hardly recognized Leonor at all!

She has matured! And I don't mean physically, it's the way she carry herself in the photos, she appears much more confident.
That school obviously did her good.

It would be interesting to know, if the two royal family had together afterwards lunch or dinner or a lovely meeting. Did the girls finish this school now and do they travel to home with their family?

Yes, this was the Leavers Celebration. Leonor will have about 2 months off before she is to start her military training. It is not yet known what Alexia will do next year but I wouldn't be surprised if she decided on a gap year (like her sister Amalia did last year as well).

She wasn't called by any nickname, the presenter simply said "We will miss your humour".

Sorry, I thought I had heard “ we will miss you Rima” or something like that and I was wondering if it was some kind of nickname. It must be the non-rhotic pronunciation of British English.

Edit: Listening again with better audio, I got it now.

Last edited:
Yes, this was the Leavers Celebration. Leonor will have about 2 months off before she is to start her military training. It is not yet known what Alexia will do next year but I wouldn't be surprised if she decided on a gap year (like her sister Amalia did last year as well).

Actually, it's almost 3 months. Military training starts on August 17.

The photos are fantastic. The family looks so overjoyed and proud!

I hope Leonor will always keep her sense of humor. It will help her get through challenging times in the the future.

It seems, she loves books and reading.

Once upon a time the opening of the Madrid Book Fair opening was an.official act and now its a private visit?

Once upon a time the opening of the Madrid Book Fair opening was an.official act and now its a private visit?

This year the fair was inaugurated at the time of the electoral campaign, and the queen could not attend the event.

This year the fair was inaugurated at the time of the electoral campaign, and the queen could not attend the event.

Must the King and Queen always be accompanied by a government official? Is this unique to the Spanish Royals or all Royal families?

It seems Letizia and Sofia make a mother-daughter trip somewhere in the world, before the school will start for Sofia in Wales. They dissappeared after Sydney...

The message of condolence from King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia for the death of journalist María Teresa Campos.

"Family of the Most Excellent Mrs. María Teresa Campos Luque", begins the message from Don Felipe and Mrs. Letizia, which continues: "From Their Majesties the Kings. We have learned with sadness of the death of María Teresa and we want to convey our affection, closeness and support in this very difficult time. With our recognition of her brilliant career, which made her a pioneer and reference for radio and television in our country, we send you a big hug and our best memories."
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...zia-condolencias-maria-teresa-campos_3729614/

The King always sends the most heartfelt messages. I loved that he addressed the King as "Dear brother".

King Felipe attends the wedding of his godson Felipe López in Gijón (Asturias).

https://www.elcomercio.es/sociedad/...boda-ahijado-asturiano-20230916130130-nt.html

https://www.lne.es/gijon/2023/09/16/rey-felipe-vi-testigo-excepcion-92165412.html

In 1990, Prince Felipe visited San Esteban de Cuñaba, the first Prince of Asturias Award for Exemplary Village. During the visit there was a pregnant woman and her baby was going to be the first child born in the village in many years. The director of the Prince of Asturias Foundation proposed that Felipe be the child's godfather, and the parents and the Royal Family agreed.

What a lovely gesture for the King to attend!
The King also seemed to have a very good time judging by all the photos of him laughing and smiling. Lovely!
I am guessing the first child of the new couple will be named either Felipe or if it is a girl Leonor in honor of the future Queen.

Did the king injure his hand?

Thanks lula, the sports is becoming popular in Germany, a mixture between tennis and squash? But mostly with younger people ;)

In Spain it has been a popular sport for many years, the king often practices it with his friends and there is even a track in Zarzuela.

Back
Top Bottom