King Carol II (1893-1953), Queen Mother Helen (1896-1982), Wives and Descendants

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carol II was not a real dictator but he changed the democratic Constitution of 1923 with the Constitution of 1938 where the authority of the King increased enourmosly.

Obviously Paul, Zizi Lambrino's grandson, must be very happy about the remarks of Traian Basescu against the king.

What was carol like as a person ? He was a suitor to Olga nikolaievna but it was his mother Marie , olga's maternal aunt that said no and called her bad names... That's what I know

My dear Grandduchess24,

Forgive me for a minor correction, but Queen Marie, the mother of King Carol, was a first cousin once-removed to Grand Duchess Olga. Marie was a cousin to Tsar Nicholas through her mother (Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna and Tsar Alexander III were brother and sister) and a cousin to Tsarina Alexandra through her father (Duke of Edinburgh, later Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, and Princess Alice of Hesse Darmstadt were brother and sister). Carol's grandmother would have been a great-aunt to Olga.

I don't think Queen Marie had any real objection to Olga. She did not think Olga was pretty but this lack of beauty would not have been a deciding factor. A marriage between the two royal houses would be a dynastic coup but Queen Marie and Tsarina Alexandra, who were never close and Marie admitted feeling awkward when talking to Alexandra, each decided to allow their children to decide who they would marry. Olga was determined to marry a Russian and apparently Carol did not wish to marry Olga either.

Carol was not attracted at all by the Tsar's daughters.

i don't think the families considered anyone for him but Olga, the eldest of the four daughters. Carol did not seem to know who he liked or loved, IMO, and caused much heartache to his mother and wife.

i don't think the families considered anyone for him but Olga, the eldest of the four daughters. Carol did not seem to know who he liked or loved, IMO, and caused much heartache to his mother and wife.
Agreed. And Alix kept them with her as long as she could so they really hadn't any experience with other suitors either.

Alix was little bit selfish in a way.

Did the king Carol II have any children with Elena Magda Lupescu?Was she married before their relation?

No, they didn't have any child together; both were in their 50s when they got married.
She had been previously married once, to Ion Tâmpeanu.

Magda Lupescu had been Carol's concubine for 23 years before becoming her wife in 1947/1949.

Zizi Lambrino's grandson continues his public campaign against King Mihai I and the Royal Family with the help of the newspapers%televisions close to Traian Basescu.He claims he has the right also to more than 60 % of Peles Castle and he also says he represents the elder line of the romanian royalty(even if his grandparents' marriage was never recognized by the Royal Family):

ASR Prin

Did Carol II spend any time in London during WW1? Was he a friend of Lady Cynthia Asquith?

No don't think so. Romania was officially neutral till mid 1916 when it joined the allies. A visit by the crown prince to England might have been seen as jeopardizing the official neutrality.
After 1916 Romania was quickly crushed (apart from a small pocket in Moldavia) by the Austrians/Germans/Axis. So Romania was physically isolated (to the South was Bulgaria which was Axis, to the North & West was the Austrian-Hungarian empire, and to the East was the crumbling Russian Empire. Accross the Black sea was Turkey which was also an Axis country. Part of the black sea was probably mined. Air travel wasn't as widespread as it is now.
Carol did cross to Odessa in Russia during the war where he married Zizi.

Carol probably joined his parents in Paris/London in 1919 for the peace treaties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zizi Lambrino's grandson continues his public campaign against King Mihai I and the Royal Family with the help of the newspapers%televisions close to Traian Basescu.He claims he has the right also to more than 60 % of Peles Castle and he also says he represents the elder line of the romanian royalty(even if his grandparents' marriage was never recognized by the Royal Family):

ASR Prin

Didn't Michael inherit Peles/Pelisor/Foisor from his grandfather in 1927? Or would there be a provision in Ferdinand's will that he leave it to the King (whomever that might be Carol II/Michael ??)

Carol II I would imagine "stole" the castles from his son in 1930 when he returned. If so then evil Paul Lambrino-"Hohenzollern" has even less right to it than he currently claims.

King Mihai I inherited Pelesh Castle from King Ferdinand I directly.

Zizi Lambrino's grandson was present at Realitatea Tv today continuing the campaign against King Mihai I ( he says King Mihai I abdicated in 1947, he underlines Romania is a republic, he does not accept the changes of the laws of succession of the Romanian Royal Family and he speaks about his trials against the King):

Printul Paul la Videochatul REALITATEA.NET LIVE | REALITATEA.NET WEBTV

The Romanian Royal Family has nothing to do with Zizi Lambrino's eldest grandson.Even the romanian royalists ignore this friend of Mr Basescu.

The tasteless (among other things) Paul Lambrino penned the following letter to King Michael on the occasion of His Majesty's 90th birthday: Letter to my uncle Michael, on his 90th birthday

How I hope that The King outlives Mr. Lambrino.

That letter is appalling. Hopefully someone will store a hard copy of it somewhere so it will forever reflect on its author's nastiness.

daylife publishers said:
Paul Philippe de Hohenzollern addresses media after he leaves Romania's supreme court in Bucharest,on November 8, 2011.
Romania's supreme court on Tuesday examined a sensitive case of succession in the former royal family, a dispute going back decades and involving property formerly belonging to the Hohenzollerns'.
The court is to rule on the claim by Carol Mircea Grigore, the eldest son of king Carol II but born of a morganatic marriage, to be recognized as his legitimate heir.
Last year, a lower court had ruled in favour of Carol Mircea, but the decision was contested by Carol's younger son and Romania's last king Michael.
'The Romanian judiciary must recognize that my father is king Carol's first born and hence he is the head of the royal family, not Michael,' said Paul Philippe de Hohenzollern, who has taken up the case after his father died in 2006.
After several successive rulings by Romanian courts have been overturned, the European Court on Human Rights in 2010 criticized Romania for its slow handling of this case.

daylife gallery - credits Getty

Mr Paul Philippe Hohenzollern is always involved in a battle against the romanian Royal Family.

Zizi Lambrino's eldest grandson continues his campaign and his trials against HM King Mihai I:

R

He is very close to the unpopular president and he tries to help the regime against the Royal Family.

ZIUAnews gives you the true and cold story of Lia ”la trampa”, Paul Lambrino’s wife
25 Nov 2011

Blurry past. Lia Lambrino, formerly known as Triff, who’s child with Paul Lambrino was baptised by Traian Basescu, retains in Romania a blurry past. Although little known in Romania, young Lia Triff’s past kept the first pages of the San Francisco journals with her adventures, the divorce scandals she was involved in, and her legal attempts to grab a large stake of the huge fortune of her husband, the old and rich lawyer Melvin Belli.

At the time of her wedding to Belli, in 1971, young Lia Triff was a 23yr old woman, and Belli was 65. From that moment on, Lia Belli opened all the doors to the San Francisco high-life, she was hired as a Protocol Director of the Metro Council and got into politics, supporting the Democrats, also running for Senate without any chance to win. Taking into account her influential husband’s connections, former president Jimmy Carter appointed her special business adviser. Briefly, Lia Triff became a local party star and a great host.

Lia’s marriage to the old and rich lawyer ended up in a long and messy divorce, that was finalised in 1991, after almost three years of lawsuits and dozens of tabloid articles in the US media. ”It is the most outrageous, messy and dirty divorce in San Francisco’s history”, stated ”The Examiner”. Belli said about his 4th wife, Lia, that she cost him USD 15 mil.

Full article: ZiuaNews

The child has nothing to do with his parents' campaign against the Romanian Royal Family.

Grigore Mircea Lambrino was recognized today as legitimate son of Carol II) by the Romanian Supreme Court=.This has nothing to do with the Royal Family.

Statement of the Royal Family: Familia Regala - Activitati curente

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom