King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silvia❦CarlGustaf;887821 said:
i think it is very strange that we do not see any pictures of the Queen from the "Medalutdelning" at the royal palace on last wednesday. And no pics from "Unga musik pa slottet"?? I do not understand this.

By the way....
today i found two videos about the Bernadottes at the Lake Constance.
there was a nice story about the Queen. When she and the King went to "Mainau" for a memorial service for Count Lennart Bernadotte she forgot her hat in Stockholm and then she had to ask Countess Diana for a hat, who designes hats.
Here is a picture of the hat:
ANP Beeldbank

I think it is quite strange that the Queen forgot her hats, because I think that everything is well planned for a journey of the King and Queen.... but who knows.
For those who want to see the vidoes, here is the link:
DasErste.de - ARD Morgenmagazin - Live & unterwegs - Von Rang und Namen
(Klick on "Teil 1 aus der Sendung" and " Teil 2 aus der Sendung".)

A very cute story about the hat I think... makes the queen more like a normal woman than like " THE QUEEN"...:)

Is this picture of royal couple

Kungliga inne- och utelistan - Svensk Damtidning

really from "Smilbandsbolagets" on 10th February 2009? The queen wear a very old long dress!
The last years she wear even trousers.

I think that ursulajohanna wanted to ask if the little picture on the left is taken from "Smilbandsbolagets".

I think that the picture is an old one. I know that she wore it at a gala in the 90's. I think the picture was taken at a birthday of Queen Beatrix, but not for sure. Unfortunately I didn't find a picture of this event which proves that the picture is a old one. I do not think that the Queen would wear such a dress for such an event. More over the dress is really out of time.

Thanks for your message!

I think the picture is old, but isn't from birthday Queen Beatrix. The king looks like older (grey hair) on the pic by above link from DAM. Is this picture from Marcus-Wallenberg-Prize 6th October 2008?

In my collection it isn't. :ermm:

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;893031 said:
I think that the picture is an old one. I know that she wore it at a gala in the 90's. I think the picture was taken at a birthday of Queen Beatrix, but not for sure. Unfortunately I didn't find a picture of this event which proves that the picture is a old one. I do not think that the Queen would wear such a dress for such an event. More over the dress is really out of time.

King Carl Gustaf with Mahmoud Abbas, President of the Palestinian National Authority today at the royal palace.
Daylife

Feb 19, 2009
Queen Silvia and her daughter Madeleine on their way to the restaurant teatergrillen in Stockholm

ANP Beeldbank

There have been no incoming state visits announced for this year so far. But there certainly will be a couple of them in the second half of this year.
Of course the outgoing state visits to Italy (starting March 24th) and The Netherlands (April) are right around the corner.

Boris, thanks for the information - but we know, that royalcourt isn't quickly and communicative with this information.

Do you know why the yesterday afternoon event - meeting NGO Committee on Narcotic Drugs, Embassy of Sweden in Vienna - of the queen was canceled?
At beginning of last week the court mentioned in the calender!

I have no idea if Queen Silvia's attendance at the reception in the Swedish embassy in Vienna was cancelled or just deleted from that calendar... strange, once again.
But today Queen Silvia is in Vienna anyway, attending a UN conference about solutions for the world drug problems.

A first pic of Queen Silvia in Vienna today. She is attending a meeting of the United Nations commission on narcotic drugs (UNDOC) which is reviewing the results of 10 years of the UN 'war against drugs' policy.
In the background, the President of Bolivia Evo Morales, and Antonia Maria Costa, head of UNDOC.

Picture details

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday evening the king and queen attend the "Kungliga Klubbarnas fest" in Grand Hotel/Stockholm!

Boris, thanks very much for posting the pictures from last friday evening!

Question!
Last years the queen celebrated "stipendium Majblomma for schools" Mid of March in castle of Stockholm.
When did this year the price-celebration?

Pics 19.3.2009

Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf are seen at the Furuviks Zoological
park in the city of Gavle, Sweden, March 19, 2009. The Royal couple
is on a visit to the Gavleborg County which is the home county of
Crown Princess Victoria’s fiancé Daniel Westling.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom