Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. However, she did have the heartbreak of not having her father at the wedding.

Having a father who has been associated with a corrupt politician didn't hurt Princess Maxima of The Netherlands. She has been a great asset to the Dutch RF and, from all accounts, the people seem to love her.

Yes. I felt very bad for her personally. But there are sacrifices to be made when you join a royal family. Politically, it was the right choice at the time. Perhaps Chelsy would be asked to do the same, although I think it unlikely. I doubt wedding plans would get far if that issue isn't clarified first.

Chelsy's got big to haute couture shoes to fill following Princess Diana. She's naturally a very pretty young lady and with a bit of polish she'll make a fine princess if Prince Harry chooses to make her one.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may not like it, but in the end they most likely won't do anything about it. If Harry has the Queen's permission, then that's that.

The Queen cannot grant consent without taking advice from the Prime Minister as Harry remains third in-line to the throne at the present time. If the Government has no objection, everything will be fine. If they do object (which I think would be the case), Harry will face the same choice Princess Margaret did.

It would be more likely to be accepted if he waited until William married first and had an heir.

I don't agree. Times have changed. The main objection to Peter Townsend at the time of his relationship with Princess Margaret was his status as a divorcee. If the Queen and the government consented to the marriage between Charles and Camilla, Charles being the next in line to the throne, they would be unlikely to object to Chelsy because of a relationship that her father may/may not have with Mugabe. I think they may be getting the point that royal marriages should take place for love as well as for maintaining the status quo. You have Margaret, being denied marriage to Peter, so she marries Tony Armstrong Jones and they wind up divorced anyway. Charles being advised not to marry Camilla in his youth, he marries Diana and look what a mess that was. Then he marries Camilla anyway. Harry strikes me as the type that would make Chelsy non-negotiable if he chooses to marry her. To be frank, if they made him choose between her and his title, I don't think he would waste a second choosing her.

I have to agree with Kimebear. Harry's pretty much and "all or nothing" kind of guy. If Chelsy is the one for him he won't hesitate to ditch the title and enjoy his life. However, I don't think it will come to that. Fortunately the European royals have learned to flow with the tides of change and safely arrived n the 21st century. For this they, and we, can all be grateful.

Cat

I think that Harry would marry Chelsy whether he had the Queen's permission or not... He isn't the kind of person that cares about royal aproval. If he wants to marry Chelsy, he'd marry her no matter what, and that applys to any woman, not only Chelsy. Harry hates the royal protocall, and all that goes along with it, he hates the titles, the demeanour, I think the only thing that the only thing he actually likes is the money :lol:. He really wouldn't care about loosing his title, and place in the line of succession; but that wouldn't be his punishment if he married someone the Queen didn't approve of. He most likely would only be either forced to get a divorce, forced to conced his place in succesion, or be cut out of financial support.

But this is the 21st century, and I think that the Queen would undertstand that, and allow him to marry anyone he so chooses... After all, Sophie was nowhere near aristocracy or royalty (and she had a great of a step down from Chelsy's financial background), adn Sophie is teh Queen's favorite daughter-in-law. Not even to mention that Harry really is never expected to ever be the monach because he's just the spare heir, and it really doesn't matter who he marries like it does in William's case.

As a person, she might be acceptable. But I can see the government of the UK having a problem with a Royal bride who's father made a fortune from collaborating with a despot.

Harry will in all probabilty never be king. The parliament of the Netherlands agreed to a future queen whose father actually was part of a despote regime. Their policy was that you should not blame the sins of the parents on the children. I guess the same would happen in Britain.

No one expected George V, George VI, and The Queen to end up as Monarchs, but they did. There's only one bullet, bomb, illness, or bad accident between Prince Harry and the throne once Prince Charles accedes.

Harry will in all probabilty never be king.

Are Chelsy's family safe?

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsey family safe. They from Zimbabwe and everyone knows what is going on there. Mugabe's war veterans are now wanting to take over what is left of white farmers and they are one of the few white farmers left.

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsey family safe. They from Zimbabwe and everyone knows what is going on there. Mugabe's war veterans are now wanting to take over what is left of white farmers and they are one of the few white farmers left.

Chelsy's family don't live in Zimbabwe, they moved to South Africa when Chelsy was young. Her father did have a luxury safari business that he was in partnership with an associate of Robert Mugabe's ( which is why Chelsy's father is considered undesirable to be a future fatherinlaw of a prince) but 2 years ago that safari business was wound down. Charles Davy has also lost land to the Zimbabwe land grab of the past few years but he obviously has other business interests.

Blonde bloody moments. Reading your comments I remembered reading about them living in South Africa and I must have got mixed up when I read about their farm and their association with ol' Bob. Chelsy's parents live in Cape Town. But one has to worry if they have other family memebers of theirs still staying up there.

Blonde bloody moments. Reading your comments I remembered reading about them living in South Africa and I must have got mixed up when I read about their farm and their association with ol' Bob. Chelsy's parents live in Cape Town. But one has to worry if they have other family memebers of theirs still staying up there.

Chelsy's parents live in Durban, not Cape Town. There are still members of the family in Zimbabwe. Beverly's side of the family as far as I am aware still live in Zimbabwe and have been heavily hit by the Mugabe regime. However, I am not sure of Charles's side of the family.

Where is Chelsy's brother Sean now? Does he live in South Africa?Zimbabwe, or England???? I think they spent their gap year together traveling,

Where is Chelsy's brother Sean now? Does he live in South Africa?Zimbabwe, or England???? I think they spent their gap year together traveling,

Shaun is in CApe Town still, he keeps in contact with Chelsy on the mobile phone

Do we believe the papers that there is a marriage proposal on the way following Harry's 'very serious conversation' with Chelsy's parents recently when he was still in Cape Town?

I hope so!!!

When young women are on their way to becoming engaged to a prince, they seem to go through some sort of "grooming". I haven't seen that with Chelsy. To me, she still seems to resemble a girlfriend rather than a prospective bride.:flowers:

Do we believe the papers that there is a marriage proposal on the way following Harry's 'very serious conversation' with Chelsy's parents recently when he was still in Cape Town?

I hope so!!!

When young women are on their way to becoming engaged to a prince, they seem to go through some sort of "grooming". I haven't seen that with Chelsy. To me, she still seems to resemble a girlfriend rather than a prospective bride.:flowers:

I can understand what you are saying, however, we all saw what happened to kate when she had grooming. Kate became too groomed and maybe the palace officials are trying to steer Chelsy away from that.

I honestly can't see Chelsy becoming a princess. I could be wrong, of course.

I can understand what you are saying, however, we all saw what happened to kate when she had grooming. Kate became too groomed and maybe the palace officials are trying to steer Chelsy away from that.

Not going to happen anytime soon. William would have to marry first and produce an heir.

Why? The Duke of York (son of George V) married long before his elder brother showed any inclination to do so.

Why? The Duke of York (son of George V) married long before his elder brother showed any inclination to do so.

You mean George VI., father of the current queen and his brother Edward VIII. - later Duke of Windsor? I'm a bit confused...:flowers:

You mean George VI., father of the current queen and his brother Edward VIII. - later Duke of Windsor? I'm a bit confused...:flowers:

Yes I do. I added "son of George V" to distinguish that Duke of York from the current Duke of York. I am, however, aware that what is crystal clear to me late at night and makes perfect sense at the time will not necessarily be as clear to anyone else who reads it!:flowers: My point was that when Prince Albert (as the then was) married, his brother The Prince of Wales was unmarried.

Last edited:

I hope so!!!

Personally, I think that's the papers way of making an otherwise unexciting breakfast interesting. Just in terms of my own family, if we were visiting from another continent and didn't come to breakfast and say hello more than once, my mother would be very hurt.

I think it was just a visit, nothing more, and the papers are spinning it to make it look like more b/c it will sell more papers.

I'm not getting why Chelsea is so unacceptable. Her father is not her, and I can't see the British Parliament or the Queen refusing permission based on Chelsea's Father. At the very least she is a good student and is discreet, why not accept the girl.. It would be a public relations disgrace, I think not to accept her. Honestly, if the Prince of Norway, can marry a single mother, I'm not sure why Harry can't marry Chelsea..

Last edited:
I don't know why but I like her more than Kate. She looks more sensible and discreet than Kate.
If I would must choose a wife for my hypothetical son I think that I would choose Chelsy than Kate.

I haven't read about either ladies having tipped off the press, so both seem just as discreet. Although there are plenty of photos of Chelsy having a drink and smoke in hand. Not exactly the most sensible thing either, IMO. My opinion on C&H is the same as W&K, to each his/her own. Harry seems quite committed to Chelsy at this point. As long as both are happy, good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom