General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, i am comeback :lol:

I have questions,
1) it's been a long time already and AD has not choosing the CPR yet. I wonder if the new generation is really is choosen, what kind of policies the new generation gonna implement? Considering that the older generations is more wiser & experienced than them, it must be hard to catch up.

2) Anyway, I noticed that there is a growing exposured to sh. Saif bin Zayed (maybe it just me), could it be he becomes one of the candidates?

3) And as we know most of the royal families married into themselves to strengthen the political influence etc. if, there is a decrease in the number of "prominent" sheikh or sheikha that already married, what kind of option left to strengthen their political influence? Is it by married them of to less known sheikh/a, married into another dynasty or what? Thank in advance

Ps: Anyway, I have question in gulf tradition thread thank you to whoever want to look it up & pardon the grammatical mistakes I made✌️

Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed is still relatively young and has the stamina to make decisions for another decade (or more); even after choosing the heir, don't expect the new generation to take the reins. Remember that Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid is 73 years old and still hasn't given up the spotlight to his sons Hamdan and Maktoum.

I also noticed that Sheikh Saif bin Zayed has been the center of a series of events in recent weeks, but he is the Deputy Prime Minister of the country, it is normal for the spotlight to be on him, this does not necessarily have to do with succession matters.

As much as he has the necessary qualities to become the heir (in addition to the experience of 18 years as Minister of the Interior and 13 years as Deputy Prime Minister), Bani Fatima would never allow him to reach that post.

Jihan, I can list at least ten suitors for each of the Bani Fatima girls, If an important Sheikh or Sheikha marries someone from another family, it is not for lack of human material. :lol:

I heard about an Al Khalifa wife of an Al Nahyan Sheikh. I cant find that old post, can you remember that couple?

Back in 2014 there was Shaikha bint Nasser bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa and she married as a second wife Sheikh Khalid Al Nahyan. She was on twitter @sh_nk11 but Im not sure if the still is. Im not sure if shes the one you are asking about.

Back in 2014 there was Shaikha bint Nasser bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa and she married as a second wife Sheikh Khalid Al Nahyan. She was on twitter @sh_nk11 but Im not sure if the still is. Im not sure if shes the one you are asking about.

Oh Thanks! Yes, I am asking about her. Is this Khalid Al Nahyan, a descendant of Shakhbout / Khalid bin Sultan? Can you remember his full name? Do you know about their children?

Out of thread: I heard about an woman of Al Khalifa, (probably Maryam Al Khalifa was her name) who was a daughter of Al Maktoum woman. She was a known Sheikha, as I saw. Can you remind her too? Or do you know her full name or her mother?

Oh Thanks! Yes, I am asking about her. Is this Khalid Al Nahyan, a descendant of Shakhbout / Khalid bin Sultan? Can you remember his full name? Do you know about their children?

Out of thread: I heard about an woman of Al Khalifa, (probably Maryam Al Khalifa was her name) who was a daughter of Al Maktoum woman. She was a known Sheikha, as I saw. Can you remind her too? Or do you know her full name or her mother?

Shaikha bint Nasser was a daughter of Shamma Al Maktoum if I remember corretly. I remember she was half Al Khalifa half Al Maktoum but Im not 100% sure about her mother’s name. Khalid had Saeed in his full name but I don’t remember more. I think they had Shaima and Shamsa and a son. That was back then, Im not following her now because I deleted my twitter years ago.

Sadly, I don’t know about Sheikha Maryam.

Yes, I was talking about her. I cant recall her name surely, so its Shaikha Al Khalifa about whom I wanted to know. Its not Maryam. Thanks Serenei.

I was scrolling mentions on twitter and they had Shaima, Shamsa, Alyazia and Shakbout. Can't find her on twitter now, there are just mentions when I typed her username.

Thanks Feiraguy, and do you or does anyone know why sh.Issa bin Zayed holds no official or political position within the government of the United Arab Emirates? As far as I know he's the only son of the late sh. Zayed who doesn't have any. even sh. Omer who is the youngest son have it (correct me). Like I get it, it's because of his irrefutable scandal, but that happen long after sh. Zayed (may Allah Ta'ala have mercy on him) passed away. I read that after sh. Zayed passed away they distribute the official post to his children. So, why they didn't give him any? Thank you very much to whoever answer my confusion

Last edited:
Do you guys think Sheikha Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamad has a chance to hold any important position in the future as she's the granddaughter of Sheikh Mohammed? I've just seen the newly released photos of her and she's stunning! She attends public events so I hope she wont disappear in the future.

Thanks Feiraguy, and do you or does anyone know why sh.Issa bin Zayed holds no official or political position within the government of the United Arab Emirates? As far as I know he's the only son of the late sh. Zayed who doesn't have any. even sh. Omer who is the youngest son have it (correct me). Like I get it, it's because of his irrefutable scandal, but that happen long after sh. Zayed (may Allah Ta'ala have mercy on him) passed away. I read that after sh. Zayed passed away they distribute the official post to his children. So, why they didn't give him any? Thank you very much to whoever answer my confusion

Issa, Falah and Dhiyab are Sheikh Zayed's sons who have no official posts.

Issa was Under Secretary for the Public Works Department until the end of 2004 (weeks after his father's death) but lost the post for reasons we don't know.

Khalid Bin Zayed is the youngest son (born 1977)

Do you guys think Sheikha Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamad has a chance to hold any important position in the future as she's the granddaughter of Sheikh Mohammed? I've just seen the newly released photos of her and she's stunning! She attends public events so I hope she wont disappear in the future.

MBZ's youngest daughter (Hessa) also attended public events in her teens but "disappeared" when she reached adulthood.

It is most likely that the same will happen with Hessa and Salama, but in fact it would be very interesting to see them occupying government positions. And really, both are very beautiful, I think you are referring to this photo:

MBZ's youngest daughter (Hessa) also attended public events in her teens but "disappeared" when she reached adulthood.

It is most likely that the same will happen with Hessa and Salama, but in fact it would be very interesting to see them occupying government positions. And really, both are very beautiful, I think you are referring to this photo:

Yes, she was in 2 or 3 more pics from this event. Yes, they are gorgeous sisters. I wish we could see more Al Nahyan ladies in public events/races etc.

Its okay for them that they will no longer attend publicly after a stage

Feiraguy, You said before that All of the daughters in law except Manal and daughters, granddaughters attend meetings with Fatima bint Mubarak. Will those ladies do same with Salama bint Hamdan? Do you know about other groups of women, who also arrange this type of meeting like Bani Fatima?

What about Shamma bint Sultan bin Khalifa? She appears now publicly, does she attend public events since her childhood, like MBZ granddaughters?

Anyway, When were Maryam MBZ and Fatima MBZ 's sons born? (I mean their birth year)

Last edited:
I was referring to receptions for women in positions of power (presidents and prime ministers), wives of heads of state and government and other authorities; usually Sheikha Fatima's team has her daughters-in-law (with the exception of Hazza and Mansour's wives), her two daughters, several of her granddaughters, several of her grandsons' wives and her nieces from the Al Ketbi side.

She continues to do this type of reception often, but for some reason the official news portal has stopped detailing the women who accompanied her to these events. I don't remember having seen Sheikha Salama lead any of these meetings, she always participates, but as a companion to Sheikha Fatima.

Example:
https://wam.ae/en/details/1395302815961

Mon 13-01-2020 23:09 PM
Fatima bint Mubarak offers condolences on death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said

"She was accompanied by H.H. Sheikha Salama Bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of H.H. General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces; H.H. Sheikha Shamma bint Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, wife of H.H. Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan bin Mohamed A Nahyan, wife of H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler's Representative in Al Dhafra Region; H.H. Sheikha Al Yaziyah bint Zayed Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Khawla bint Ahmed Khalifa Al Suwaidi, the wife of H.H. Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Adviser; H.H. Sheikha Alyazia bint Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, the wife of H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation; Sheikha Aysha bint Suhail bin Mubarak Al Ketbi; Sheikha Fatima bint Sahmi; H.H. Sheikha Maryam bint Mohamed bin Zayed, wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Shamsa bint Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Nahyan bin Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan; Sheikha Sheikha bint Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Ahmed bin Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan; Sheikha Fatima bint Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of H.H. Sheikh Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Executive Committee and Member of the Executive Council; Sheikha Fatima bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Shakhbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan; and Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyanm wife of H.H. Sheikh Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court."

Last edited:
Is this Ayesha bint Suhail bin Mubarak Al Ketbi, first wife of Hamdan bin Zayed? Or another sister in law of him?

I was referring to receptions for women in positions of power (presidents and prime ministers), wives of heads of state and government and other authorities; usually Sheikha Fatima's team has her daughters-in-law (with the exception of Hazza and Mansour's wives), her two daughters, several of her granddaughters, several of her grandsons' wives and her nieces from the Al Ketbi side.

She continues to do this type of reception often, but for some reason the official news portal has stopped detailing the women who accompanied her to these events. I don't remember having seen Sheikha Salama lead any of these meetings, she always participates, but as a companion to Sheikha Fatima.

Example:
https://wam.ae/en/details/1395302815961

Mon 13-01-2020 23:09 PM
Fatima bint Mubarak offers condolences on death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said

"She was accompanied by H.H. Sheikha Salama Bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of H.H. General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces; H.H. Sheikha Shamma bint Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, wife of H.H. Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan bin Mohamed A Nahyan, wife of H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler's Representative in Al Dhafra Region; H.H. Sheikha Al Yaziyah bint Zayed Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Khawla bint Ahmed Khalifa Al Suwaidi, the wife of H.H. Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Adviser; H.H. Sheikha Alyazia bint Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, the wife of H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation; Sheikha Aysha bint Suhail bin Mubarak Al Ketbi; Sheikha Fatima bint Sahmi; H.H. Sheikha Maryam bint Mohamed bin Zayed, wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Shamsa bint Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan; H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Nahyan bin Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan; Sheikha Sheikha bint Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Ahmed bin Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan; Sheikha Fatima bint Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, wife of H.H. Sheikh Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Executive Committee and Member of the Executive Council; Sheikha Fatima bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, wife of Sheikh Shakhbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan; and Sheikha Latifa bint Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyanm wife of H.H. Sheikh Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court."

Maryam MbZ is married to Mohammed bin Tahnoon. Shamsa MbZ is married to Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoon. Is Mohammed bin Tahnoon an uncle of Mohammed bin Hamad bin Tahnoon (I’ve just realized the ancestors when their names are next to each other) So are Mohammed bin Tahnoon and Hamad bin Tahnoon siblings or it’s just a coincidence as Tahnoon is a common name in the family?

Mohammed bin Tahnoun and Hamad bin Tahnoun are half-brothers. Mohammed bin Tahnoun is a son of Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohamed and his 2nd wife, Shamsa bint Zayed.
So, Shamsa MBZ's husband is Maryam MBZ husband's half-nephew..

Is this Ayesha bint Suhail bin Mubarak Al Ketbi, first wife of Hamdan bin Zayed? Or another sister in law of him?

I believe she is Hamdan's first wife

I don't know this Sheikha Fatima bint Sahmi, I have no idea who she is. and she was present at other Sheikha Fatima events

From "The Political Culture of Leadership":

"The influence of the Bani Fatima block needs to be considered in its totality. All eight children married. Muhammad married Salama Hamdan Muhammad Khalifa in about 1981 when her father was still patriarch of the
Bani Muhammad. Her mother was a Bu Falasa from Dubai.
The second brother, Hamdan, married his cousin (MoBrDa), Aisha Suhail Mubarak Qitbi in about 1981 but later divorced her and married Shamsa Hamdan Muhammad Khalifa in 1988, reportedly after seeing her abroad and falling
in love with her. Shamsa is a half sister of Muhammad’s wife, with a Dhahiri mother.

Fatima’s two daughters, Alyazia and Shamma, in 1982,
married Hamad Hamdan and Surur Muhammad respectively, again both members of the Bani Muhammad.

The third brother, Hazza, married Muza Muhammad Butti, a great granddaughter of Zaid’s maternal uncle (his FaMoBrSoSoDa) in about 1988. Her father was one of the most pow- erful nonroyals in the government. The fourth brother, Mansur, also married a daughter of Muhammad Butti, Aliya, in 1994. Tahnun married in 1997 to Khawla Ahmad Khalifa Suwaidi, the daughter of the one-time
close confident and advisor of Zaid. The youngest son Abdulla, sometimes said to be his mother’s favorite, married Ilyazi Saif, granddaughter of Muhammad Khalifa in 2002"

From "The Political Culture of Leadership":

"The influence of the Bani Fatima block needs to be considered in its totality. All eight children married. Muhammad married Salama Hamdan Muhammad Khalifa in about 1981 when her father was still patriarch of the
Bani Muhammad. Her mother was a Bu Falasa from Dubai.
Feiraguy, do you know who is the patriarch of Bani Muhammad right now? And is bani Muhammad, still the 2nd most powerful?

Fatima’s two daughters, Alyazia and Shamma, in 1982,
married Hamad Hamdan and Surur Muhammad respectively, again both members of the Bani Muhammad.
and to whom sh. Alyazia's ex-husband remarried? Is she an Al-Nahyan too?

The third brother, Hazza, married Muza Muhammad Butti, a great granddaughter of Zaid’s maternal uncle (his FaMoBrSoSoDa) in about 1988. Her father was one of the most pow- erful nonroyals in the government. The fourth brother, Mansur, also married a daughter of Muhammad Butti, Aliya, in 1994.
Feiraguy, about butti's sisters. Do you know what occupation sh. Alia has? Apparently, if my translation is right, I read here ???? ???? ??????? ??????? that sh. Mozah became the head of something in 1998. At that time when she used to be head of something, does she also didn't accompany sh. Fatima anywhere? Her "recent" public information I can only find is in 2004, when she published book about sh. Zayed. After that I couldn't found any new info about her. What she do now? Since she wrote book about children too, I guess she either a teacher, psychologist or writer. And since, sh. Alia's sister is smart MasyaAllah, judging by her published books, so I wonder too about what is the other sister occupation? Ain't no way, sh. Butti didn't give the same amount of education acces for both of them, if we looking at sh. Mozah. Any random info/fact will be much appreciated too if u/anyone have any, because not even internet archive have her info, the info about sh. Alia is always the same every single year ?

Tahnun married in 1997 to Khawla Ahmad Khalifa Suwaidi, the daughter of the one-time
close confident and advisor of Zaid.
A few a page ago, if my memory served me right we discussed that sh.khawla's father have "not so nice"/confrontation with sh. Zayed. How come he became his close confident, I mean "close" in term of what? Does they became close after the marriage, like what happen to sh. Mozah misned of Qatar. Thank you very much ..

Man, I'm so noisy :lol:

Without a doubt the Bani Mohamed is the second most powerful branch, its most powerful member is Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohamed.
One of my curiosities is whether after his death, the post of governor of Al Dhafrah (EDIT: Al Ain, not Al Dhafrah) will continue with Bani Mohamed, or will one of Sheikh Zayed's sons be appointed.

I have no information about other marriages involving Sheikh Hamad bin Hamdan.

Sheikh Zayed and Sheikh Al Suwaidi were great allies for decades, the author of the book describes the marriage between Tahnoun and Khawla as a symbol of reconciliation after some period of conflict between their fathers.

Last edited:
Both Mozah and Alia participated in events with Sheikha Fatima, for example:

Wed 29-11-2000 08:00 AM

Sheikha Fatima receives Suzan Mubarak
She was also received by Sheikha salama bint Hamdan, wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sheikha Alia bint Mohammed bin Butti, wife of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

https://wam.ae/en/details/1395226654101

I don't know what really happened, but both sisters stopped participating in this kind of reception.

I don't have recent information about them, I know the same as you.

Both Mozah and Alia participated in events with Sheikha Fatima, for example:

Wed 29-11-2000 08:00 AM

Sheikha Fatima receives Suzan Mubarak
She was also received by Sheikha salama bint Hamdan, wife of Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sheikha Alia bint Mohammed bin Butti, wife of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

https://wam.ae/en/details/1395226654101

I don't know what really happened, but both sisters stopped participating in this kind of reception.

Thank you so so much Feiraguy ☺️
Anyway who is Sheikha Moza Bint Mohamed Bin Khaled Al Nahyan married to? According to WAM article, She is Wife of H.H Sheikh Hazza' Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, The National security Advisor. Do you think it just a simply typo on their side or is she really is his wife? It seems like they stopped participating when their (Ex)husbands have new public wives to attended the formal ceremony, if what WAM articles said is true ofc, about this Sh.Mozah bint Mohamed bin Khaled Al-Nahyan.

I don't have recent information about them, I know the same as you.
Feiraguy I don't know if you know this or not, but I'm gonna asking anyway. If my translation is right, I said if my translation is right ok, bcz it's not in English but in Spain or Portuguese language, not sure what language is that, so it's hard to translate. Someone in one of the forum mentioned that "Her mother is a Saudi Princess" referring to sh. Alia, I have a hard time to believe that sh. Butti married a Saudi Princess, but who know ? maybe I mistranslated it. clearly this is not the most bombastis claimed that ever thrown in that forums, so I'm not to surprised actually haha. Do you by chance know who is her mother?

Also, I am a little bit surprised to know that Sheikha Moza bint Hilal bin Saqer bin Zayed Al Nahyan from sh. Saqr branch worked alongside Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak in setting up the Women's Union, which became the first feminist activity in the UAE. I thought this branch is marginalized from power? Or Does this only apply to sh.saqr's male lines? Thanks

Last edited:
Moza bint Mohamed bin Khalid is married to Hazza bint Tahnoun bin Mohamed, the journalist made a mistake. They must have said she was "Hazza's wife" and he wrote the first Hazza that came to mind.

there are seven sisters

Shamma bint Mohamed (@shammabintmohd on ig) = unmarried
Rawda bint Mohamed = unmarried
Mariam bint Mohamed = unmarried
Salama bint Mohamed = wife of Nahyan bin Hamdan
Moza bint Mohamed = wife of Hazza bin Tahnoun
Sheikha bint Mohamed = wife of Saeed bin Hamdan
Maitha bint Mohamed = wife of Nahyan bin Zayed

Se o texto estiver em português, pode enviar pra mim, essa é minha língua mãe (If the text is in Portuguese, you can send it to me, this is my mother tongue).

I've already studied a lot about the Al Saud; I know of several cases in which the women of the family marry men from other families (it is not something that rare, as is the case with the Al Nahyan); but I don't remember any Saudi princess married to an Al Hamed/Al Qubaisi, maybe it's a princess from some branch more distant from power, or a member of some other influential family in Saudi Arabia (Al Sudairy, Al Sheikh...)
But I don't have any specific information about who Alia's mother is.

Last edited:
Also, I am a little bit surprised to know that Sheikha Moza bint Hilal bin Saqer bin Zayed Al Nahyan from sh. Saqr branch worked alongside Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak in setting up the Women's Union, which became the first feminist activity in the UAE. I thought this branch is marginalized from power? Or Does this only apply to sh.saqr's male lines? Thanks

There are some exceptions, one of the members of this branch was ambassador to Washington in the 90s, this is certainly a very prestigious position. I don't have much information about Moza bint Hilal's history, but she is an exception anyway, in general the family remains marginalized.

Tahnoun bin Zayed appointed Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (the previous Chairman was Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed), Hamed bin Zayed continues as its Managing Director, but now subordinate to Tahnoun

Mansour bin Zayed appointed Chairman of Mubadala Investment Company (the previous Chairman was Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed)

Khalid bin Mohamed is on ADIA board, Dhiyab bin Mohamed is on Mubadala board. No announcements about Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed.

More power in the hands of Tahnoun and Mansour, Tahnoun will have more authority in his activities related to overseas investments.

Hazza bin zayed looks really young to be Fatima’s father.
But they start really young don’t they, from 18+.

Hazza is 57/58, it's just that he really looks pretty young for his age. Fatima was born when he was about 25 years old.

Back
Top Bottom