General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet that either Hamdan or Zayed will be Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court in case Khalid becomes the Crown Prince

If Sheikh Mohamed wants to counterbalance Sheikh Tahnoun's influence in the business world, I don't doubt he'll put one of his sons in one of the sovereign wealth funds, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (headed by Hamed Bin Zayed) or Mubadala Investment Company (headed by MBZ and Mansour bin Zayed). I will not doubt if Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed is appointed as Chairman of one of these funds.

Zayed bin Hamdan was Sheikh Mohammed's only son-in-law without a relevant public office, and he seems to be very close to Sheikh Khalid, it was certain that he would gain a government position.
Oke thank you that make sense. Ain't no way, he make his daughter marry to any average men. He must make a name for himself somehow.

About MBZ's sons in law:
Mohamed bin Tahnoun, Director of Security and Ports Affairs at the Abu Dhabi Police
Mohamed bin Hamad, Advisor for Special Affairs at the Presidential Court
Nahyan bin Saif, Ambassador to Saudi Arábia
Zayed bin Hamdan, Chairman of the National Media Office
Feiraguy, what is the former president's sons in law occupation? Did he make them become some chief of some agency/gave them ministerial position too? I know that one of them being a doctor as discussed a few pages ago. But, then what else? his grandsons also occupied not too prestigious post as their uncles, am I correct?

of Sheikh Khalifa sons-in-law, Hamad Bin Tahnoun was the Chairman of General Industry Corp. (Company owned by Abu Dhabi Government), Mansour bin Tahnoun is the doctor, Dhiyab Bin Tahnoun is Deputy Chairman of Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company (Company owned by Abu Dhabi Government)

Sultan Bin Hamdan is Advisor to President Mohamed Bin Zayed

Sultan Bin Hamdan Bin Zayed is Ambassador to Bahrein

Khalifa Bin Saif never had any public post

Of Sheikh Zayed's in-laws, Surour Bin Mohamed was the most prominent, he was the Chairman of Zayed's Court. Tahnoun Bin Mohamed was the Deputy Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council and Chairman of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, and is the Ruler's Representative in Al Ain. Saif bin Mohammed was head of some government department, but his career did not have a good reputation.

Does children of Sheikh MBZ's half brothers will be given the same opportunity/chance to be a Chairman or head of some government department? Or Their only chance is to marry a grand children from Bani Fatima so they can have a higher position?

Thank you. I know the names of her children, I just don't know when they were born :) I found out Fakhra was born on May 18, 2012 and Khalifa was born on August 5, 2017.

Mohammed has birthday on June 5th, Shaikha has birthday on April 2nd and Nahyan on November 12th. I don't know who was born first. Im just curious if Sheikha or Mohammed are the same age as Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamad.

I think the order would be Sheikha or Mohammed, then Nahyan, Fakhra and Khalifa.

In case someone looks for this information in the future:
Sheikha was born on April 2, 2007
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSXsquwgNLo/
Mohammed was born on June 5, 2008
Nahyan was born on November 12, 2009
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMsoPKjDtAH/
Fakhra was born on May 18, 2012
Khalifa was born on August 5, 2017.

Edit: Also, do you know if Shaikha Fawzia Al Nahyan who married outside of the Al Nahyan ruling family had any children and did anyone of them married into the Al Nahyan family?

Last edited:
Does children of Sheikh MBZ's half brothers will be given the same opportunity/chance to be a Chairman or head of some government department? Or Their only chance is to marry a grand children from Bani Fatima so they can have a higher position?

I think the main factor will be the closeness to Sheikh Khalid
But don't expect that many Sheikhs will receive this opportunity, power is increasingly concentrated in the hands of a few people

keep an eye on:
Khalid's brothers
MBZ's sons-in-law
Khalifa Bin Tahnoun
The two eldest sons of Sultan Bin Khalifa (
different reasons for each)
Khalid's First cousins from his mothers side (especially the sons of Khalifa and Sultan Bin Hamdan)
Khalid's brothers-in-law: Mohamed and Zayed Bin Surour

Edit: Also, do you know if Shaikha Fawzia Al Nahyan who married outside of the Al Nahyan ruling family had any children and did anyone of them married into the Al Nahyan family?

I talked here about her son's marriage; he married a cousin with the same surname

But don't expect that many Sheikhs will receive this opportunity, power is increasingly concentrated in the hands of a few people

keep an eye on:
The two eldest sons of Sultan Bin Khalifa (
different reasons for each)
Khalid's First cousins from his mothers side (especially the sons of Khalifa and Sultan Bin Hamdan)

Feiraguy, if you don't mind me asking ofc.
Im just wondering, if they really do what have been proposed here. Then what are the chance for variable like rebellion to occur if they keep place someone who are related to them/serve their interest in higher positions? Either rebellion from "lower class" peoples or from "higher class" peoples like their powerful uncles, who's sons probably, i said probably more capable then the one who has been choosen? Back in the day in sh. Zayed bin Sultan's era, they have someone who are not Al-Nahyan who occupied this & that positions { for ex: sh. Khawla's father (I forgot his name) & many more}. isn't always placing their family in a strategic position, will open up opportunities for discontent & rebellion from the "lower class"? I know they really love their peoples, it is reflected in their policies. but, even so they still can't really feel how it is to be a lower class, they can't really relate to them. they at least must have/given the
same opportunity to the peoples from the lower class, who really know & can relate too, to the lower class peoples. Not necessarily lower class but just average citizen outside royalties.

I'm asking this out of curiosity and for my educational purpose not to spark some debate whatsoever

Khalifa Bin Saif never had any public post.
by public post it means he didn't have any political career right? Or do you mean he's jobless? It can't be tho ? I'm confused because apparently, sh. Mansour bin Tahnoun who doesn't have any political position due to being a doctor, his occupation was still mentioned.

Saif bin Mohammed was head of some government department, but his career did not have a good reputation.
Why, what did he do?
And does sh. Saif bin Mohammed reputations in his career is one of the reasons why his son {sh. Khalifa bin Saif, as mentioned earlier (idk if he really his son, but their name marched}
didn't held any public post? Thanks in advance

by public post it means he didn't have any political career right? Or do you mean he's jobless? It can't be tho ? I'm confused because apparently, sh. Mansour bin Tahnoun who doesn't have any political position due to being a doctor, his occupation was still mentioned.

Why, what did he do?
And does sh. Saif bin Mohammed reputations in his career is one of the reasons why his son {sh. Khalifa bin Saif, as mentioned earlier (idk if he really his son, but their name marched}
didn't held any public post? Thanks in advance

Saif was described as "ineffective" in his post as Chairman of the Planning Department

And no, this has nothing to do with his kids' careers; Ahmed bin Saif was a member of the Executive Council for a number of years, Mohamed bin Saif is Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed's Deputy at First Abu Dhabi Bank and Chairman of the Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company (State owned), Nahyan bin Saif is Ambassador to Saudi Arabia

But the other sons, including Khalifa, have not had public careers or high-profile positions.

keep an eye on:
Khalifa Bin Tahnoun

Aren't any full/half uncle much close to him?
He doesn't have much age gap with his paternal uncles.
Who are his companions? Can you name them?
What about his younger cousins? Ain't some of them going to have some posts in future?

Can you explain the closeness with Khalifa bin Tahnoun?

Aren't any full/half uncle much close to him?
He doesn't have much age gap with his paternal uncles.
Who are his companions? Can you name them?
What about his younger cousins? Ain't some of them going to have some posts in future?

Can you explain the closeness with Khalifa bin Tahnoun?

Khalid is likely to be close with some of his uncles, but I believe what is being discussed in Abu Dhabi is who his subordinates will be on the Executive Council when he becomes Crown Prince

None of his uncles should be interested in that position; in addition, a son of Zayed will always be a candidate for the throne, perhaps it is not interesting to keep them close to power

I believe that few of his cousins will have positions in the Federal Cabinet or in the Executive Council, the vast majority should pursue a career in the private sector, or in less prestigious positions in the state structure.

Khalifa bin Tahnoun appears to be one of the closest cousins to the sons of Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed; he is technically a member of Bani Fatima because he married one of the daughters of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed (this puts him in a similar league to Sheikh Shakhbout bin Nahyan); and gained an important position in the court of the then Crown Prince MBZ, which demonstrates that the current President has confidence in him

Feiraguy, if you don't mind me asking ofc.
Im just wondering, if they really do what have been proposed here. Then what are the chance for variable like rebellion to occur if they keep place someone who are related to them/serve their interest in higher positions? Either rebellion from "lower class" peoples or from "higher class" peoples like their powerful uncles, who's sons probably, i said probably more capable then the one who has been choosen? Back in the day in sh. Zayed bin Sultan's era, they have someone who are not Al-Nahyan who occupied this & that positions { for ex: sh. Khawla's father (I forgot his name) & many more}. isn't always placing their family in a strategic position, will open up opportunities for discontent & rebellion from the "lower class"? I know they really love their peoples, it is reflected in their policies. but, even so they still can't really feel how it is to be a lower class, they can't really relate to them. they at least must have/given the
same opportunity to the peoples from the lower class, who really know & can relate too, to the lower class peoples. Not necessarily lower class but just average citizen outside royalties.

I'm asking this out of curiosity and for my educational purpose not to spark some debate whatsoever

I talked a few months ago here about how ministerial posts are increasingly evenly distributed between technocrats and people coming from the business world; fewer and fewer Al Nahyan Sheikhs (and other traditional tribes) are present in important positions. Does this mean that the family is losing power? No, it means that the family concentrating power in the hands of fewer men

I believe that this is a natural process and that it will not result in any kind of revolt.

I talked a few months ago here about how ministerial posts are increasingly evenly distributed between technocrats and people coming from the business world; fewer and fewer Al Nahyan Sheikhs (and other traditional tribes) are present in important positions. Does this mean that the family is losing power? No, it means that the family concentrating power in the hands of fewer men

I believe that this is a natural process and that it will not result in any kind of revolt.

Ooo, that make sense oke I got it. Random thought , so I just been wondering about sh. Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan children. A few pages ago we discussed that his boys (the one who are not from sh. Saif) probably not gonna have a chance with higher up sheikha as their potential brides. How about his daughters who are not from sh. Saif, who's gonna got their hands in marriages? Any potential groom for them? Because, apparently one of his daughters rumours to be passed into medical school. It means she gonna be a doctor someday InsyaAllah, I heard Arab aunties (not just Arab aunties actually, haha) really adores someone from this profesion. So, I wonder if his daughters who are not from sh. Saif, still have a chance to get one of a higher up sheikh as a groom? especially this one that, is rumour to be so smart, MasyaAllah. Tysm for taking time to reply

Do you guys know what does Theyab bin Khalifa do? Does he hold any important position? I’ve been wonderimg if he has a new instagram account because he’s been absent for so long.

Ooo, that make sense oke I got it. Random thought , so I just been wondering about sh. Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan children. A few pages ago we discussed that his boys (the one who are not from sh. Saif) probably not gonna have a chance with higher up sheikha as their potential brides. How about his daughters who are not from sh. Saif, who's gonna got their hands in marriages? Any potential groom for them? Because, apparently one of his daughters rumours to be passed into medical school. It means she gonna be a doctor someday InsyaAllah, I heard Arab aunties (not just Arab aunties actually, haha) really adores someone from this profesion. So, I wonder if his daughters who are not from sh. Saif, still have a chance to get one of a higher up sheikh as a groom? especially this one that, is rumour to be so smart, MasyaAllah. Tysm for taking time to reply
I am shocked that Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has few other children from different wives.I just discovered some of his children's ig account:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc3Xm3qorTJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO227QZnKkj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm4mwzISKJO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I am shocked that Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has few other children from different wives.I just discovered some of his children's ig account:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc3Xm3qorTJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.instagram.com/p/CO227QZnKkj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm4mwzISKJO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I personally think it will be more surprising & not "normal" for these men who brought up from Islamic Ruling Countries & rich to only have one wife. Their rules, the way of life & everything are different from those that are brought up from non moeslim countries. So, this is totally normal for them. Sh. Sultan bin Khalifa reportedly have many other children, ranging from black to blue. This is also reportedly one of his daughters, she probably the one who rumour to be a doctor/physician. I wonder who gonna got this smart lady's hand? MasyaAllah
https://instagram.com/almaha_sbk?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE=

Mohamed bin Zayed appointed four new members for the Executive Council, all of them will be Chairman of some Department. None of the four is Al Nahyan

Abdullah Al Hamed (Hazza and Mansour's brother-in-law) lost his post as Chairman of the Department of Health

I believe that Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed can be appointed in the coming days

Nothing surprising actually. I find it weird seeing reaction when people find some unknown children of "Sheikhs". If you aren't a local, then think how you got known about those Sheikhs' children/ family. Obviously by website/IG, right?
We discovered some boys of Sultan bin Khalifa who aren't from Sheikha_Saif.
He has 3 daughters with Shaikha, but its already acknowledged that Sultan has 4 married daughters. I think, the daughter who married Zayed bin Sultan bin .. bin Shakhbout isn't from Sheikha Saif and daughter of unknown wife. I predict that his unknown wife is from Al Marouzei.
Its clear that Sultan has 3 children with Sumaya, whom we found in ig. One of them was born this year.
The kids aren't that public like prominent sheikhs kids and al nahyans don't announce 2nd wife's name always.

I'm just wondering if he has as many kids as his grandfather . With Sumaya he has Salama, Nahyan and they had another daughter Sahab bint Sultan in August 2022:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjAvRMpJq87/

Sumaya must be a young woman. Didn't Sultan's son have a baby last year?

And there are multiple kids from different wives:
- Ahmed bin Sultan bin Khalifa: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm4mwzISKJO/
- Khaled bin Sultan bin Khalifa: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbNu6GNAGaB/
- Omar bin Sultan bin Khalifa: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmM_qu4h_Yo/
- Diyab bin Sultan bin Khalifa: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg4q8T1pQxW/

They are the ones I remember from Instagram. I look like a stalker right now lol. There are more kids on instagram because the guys above are following one of their sisters and she had childhood pictures with her father Sultan bin Khalifa and 2 other girls tagged in the photos were other bint Sultan girls. So he has many of them.

Anyway, do you guys know if this is really Shamma bint Mohammed bin Zayed:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm7XXfQBKPb/

Last edited:
Yoo, if that really her then sh. Zayed bin Hamdan is so lucky. She's beauty with brain MasyaAllah. Anyway, uhm is this the son of the late UAE president sh. Khalifa https://www.instagram.com/p/CnC3AvNhp5w/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE= or is it just another Al-Nahyan who happen to be have the same name as the late president son? Now, I wonder what sh. Sultan looks like when he was young (don't want to be a creep lol but my noisy self is itching rn) must be overwhelming to have so much money & good looking face, MasyaAllah

Last edited:
yes, this is Mohamed Bin Khalifa, son of the late President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed

Mohamed bin Zayed appointed four new members for the Executive Council, all of them will be Chairman of some Department. None of the four is Al Nahyan

Any Al Nahyan lost his post?

Who is the mother of Al Yazia bint Sultan bin Khalifa? As we know Sheikha_Saif has only 3 daughters named Dana, Hessa and Shamma. Is it Shamma who isn't her? Shamma is the youngest daughter among 4 married daughters.
Al Yazia is Hessa's age, i found many pics of Yazia with Sheikha Saif's children. She is also pictured with khalifa bin zayed.
Or its that Sheikha Saif has 4 daughters??

Last edited:
Any Al Nahyan lost his post?

no, all Al Nahyan members remained after this reshuffle, with the same positions

Mohamed bin Zayed as Chairman
Hazza bin Zayed as Deputy Chairman
Tahnoun bin Zayed as Chairman of the Strategic Affairs Committee
Hamed bin Zayed as Managing Director of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
Mohamed bin Khalifa as a Member without portfolio
Khalid bin Mohamed as Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Office
Dhiyab bin Mohamed as Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court
Sultan bin Tahnoun, Chairman of the Frontline Heroes Office

despite being members, Mohamed bin Khalifa and Sultan bin Tahnoun have not participated in government events for many years, I believe they will be dropped from the Council

Yoo, if that really her then sh. Zayed bin Hamdan is so lucky. She's beauty with brain MasyaAllah. Anyway, uhm is this the son of the late UAE president sh. Khalifa https://www.instagram.com/p/CnC3AvNhp5w/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE= or is it just another Al-Nahyan who happen to be have the same name as the late president son? Now, I wonder what sh. Sultan looks like when he was young (don't want to be a creep lol but my noisy self is itching rn) must be overwhelming to have so much money & good looking face, MasyaAllah

Sultan was good looking as well when he was young.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm07QU7vtvT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

If that’s him in the pics above.

Oh yeah, finally my ID name has been approved ? what's up good pipols :lol:

Thank you Serenei, sh. Khalifa's line is sure very handsome, MasyaAllah. But, sh. Sultan's brother just really made me shock, even by today standar.

Mohamed bin Khalifa as a Member without portfolio
Khalid bin Mohamed as Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Office.
Are they the line's of sh. Khalifa the late president? Feiraguy how come you remember who is who? Superb, MasyaAllah.

Mohamed Bin Khalifa Bin Zayed, the late President's son, and Khalid Bin Mohamed Bin Zayed, the current President's son

In the beginning it was very easy to confuse the names, today I can remember all the Sheikhs of the main lineages

Can someone list Khalifa bin zayed’s children and their children?

Do you guys know more about Hamdan_s_alnahyan from Instagram? Which branch of the family is he from? Is he married and to whom? Any children?

Edit: sorry I added this to the wrong topic. It was supposed to be in the general questions about the al nahyans.

Last edited:
I've read on a different forum that arahmahalqasimi from instagram is married to a girl from the Al Nahyan family. Do you know if it's true? Who is he? Can someone translate this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn3s4Esp1dM/ ? Is he in the new cabinet?

Back
Top Bottom