General News about King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So i heard from a few social media sources that a tape recording of JC talking to Barbara Rey - one of his lovers - has been released and in it he talks badly about Queen Sofia? Any one know anything about that?

So i heard from a few social media sources that a tape recording of JC talking to Barbara Rey - one of his lovers - has been released and in it he talks badly about Queen Sofia? Any one know anything about that?
He praises Queen Sofia's work as queen, where he says she is the best. But he says that she was annoyed with him because of his mistresses, and that at least she did not get another one....
And he also says that they have never had a married life since Felipe was born.

I don’t know about any recordings but i have seen pictures of him and Rey kissing each other and looking like they are about to have sex….

He praises Queen Sofia's work as queen, where he says she is the best. But he says that she was annoyed with him because of his mistresses, and that at least she did not get another one....
How terribly sad that it went downhill already that early on in the marriage.

How terribly sad that it went downhill already that early on in the marriage.
Interestingly, in the recordings he says he wasn't forced to marry her, but I guess he wasn't exactly in love, from what he suggests. It's sad that the marriage didn't work out.

Juan Carlos is such a piece of 💩talking to his mistress about his wife not liking his adulterous escapades. But that was also the conduct he learned from his father, too. Juan Carlos' mother went through the same hell and back queen Sofia experienced.

I do recall ages ago Sofia was even going to grab all the three kids and leave him to go to live with her mother, Queen Frederica, in India. It was that bad.

I don’t know about any recordings but i have seen pictures of him and Rey kissing each other and looking like they are about to have sex….
The pictures of the two of them kissing each other (taken in 1994 by Barbara Rey's then 13-year-old son) were published recently by the Dutch magazine Privé:
Salen a la luz las fotos del rey Juan Carlos y Bárbara Rey besándose | El Correo

And the recording where Juan Carlos talks about his marriage is apparently also from 1994, here's a part of it:
Juan Carlos sobre la Reina Sofía: "No estamos juntos desde que nació Felipe, vida familiar, ninguna"

Thanks for the article with the text written down, Adda.

Interesting that although he aknowledges that the marriage is over he refuses to say bad things about his wife to his mistress.

Do we know why this was recorded and why it is published now?

Thanks for the article with the text written down, Adda.

Interesting that although he aknowledges that the marriage is over he refuses to say bad things about his wife to his mistress.

Do we know why this was recorded and why it is published now?
It was his ex-lover and/or her son who released these recordings and sold these photos to a Dutch magazine. Why they only came out now is a mystery...

I find the sell to a Dutch magazine surprising One imagines they didn´t pay all that much.

I do recall ages ago Sofia was even going to grab all the three kids and leave him to go to live with her mother, Queen Frederica, in India. It was that bad.
Maybe she could take Elena and Cristina, but Felipe, as the heir of the throne, would have stayed in Spain with his father.

Back
Top Bottom