General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 16: August 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2016.
Written by early birds Ulrik Ulriksen & Marianne Singer.

Marianne Singer had taken up position outside Amalienborg early Monday morning.
As you can tell from the photo at Amalienborg square, obviously taken before anyone arrived, the lights were on in M&F's private apartment, but not in Mary's dressing room, which is located at the corner of the building facing the square.

But eventually the Music Corps of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment turned up, wearing a less military outfit than usual.
They were quietly let in. And then the friends and family started to arrive and they were also let in by the street-entrance.

They were:
Joachim and our Marie.
Otto and Helle Reedtz-Thott and children.
Christian and Elisabeth Buchwald with children.
Rikke Juel Brandt.
Bendt and Pernille Wedell.
Jørgen and Marie Louise Skeel.
Jacob and Anna-Sofie Reese with children.
Per and Ulla Thornit.
Caroline Søeborg Ahlefeldt.
Ellen Hillinsøe with her husband Michael Juel Brandt and children.

Most were seen bringing presents.
Per Thornit had brought an architect model of the interior of Vor Frie Kirke, were M&F were married.
As is typical for the close circle around M&F, their comments were few and little-revealing. - Basically it was nice. (Hyggeligt. I understand the word "hygge" has entered at least the British English language).

The guest began to sneak in a little past 06.00, and at 06.30 all were there and began to sing.
Three songs were song all of them archetypical for such events.
As is also tradition an honorary-portal had been erected around the door, around the whole door, mind you. It is sometimes tradition only to make half a portal for copper anniversaries.
On the portal friends had pinned greeting cards and little presents.
The text on the obligatory crest (or sign) above the portal read: M&F 12½ years 14. November 2016. (They are still married so no end date...;)).

Then M&F went down to the door to greet their friends and invite them inside.
By 08.00 the sun was (somewhat reluctantly) up and by then the guests began to leave. The children to school and their parents presumably to work.

M&F had no events scheduled for that day.

You can see the scans here: Billed Bladet #46, 2016

The second part of the copper anniversary booklet from BB will be scanned and uploaded here later. It's packed with romantic photos from M&F's marriage.

Last edited:
He was, yes. :)

Here is the second booklet from BB celebrating M&F's copper anniversary.
BB celebrating M&F's copper anniversary in two booklets
It's posted in the folder above as a direct continuation of the first booklet.
This second booklet focus on M&F's marriage and them having children.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were official audiences that day, usually Frederik attends with the Queen i think.
AFAIK, and from following the official calendar for many years, Frederik takes the audiences only when he is regent. I've seen news about them both attending only once(can't remember why) and once he had the audience when QM was busy with audiences in connection with government changes. :flowers:

Last edited:
The Daily Mail must be desperate for something to write about. Three pages of comments on a ''nothing'' article. Good pictures, though.

:previous: Indeed.

It's not my impression that M&F and W&K are particularly close, let alone friends.
In fact I don't think W&K are particularly close with any of the other European royals.
So this is basically click-bait - but as you say, nice photos. :)

:previous:

BT:

"They are happy for each other, our Crown Prince Couple, but that Frederik should had bought an island to show his love for his wife is incorrect."

Several Danish newspapers just stated that The Royal Palace Press Office says that what has been mentioned in the Australian news media about Crown Prince Frederik purchasing a Tasmanian island as a birthday gift to Crown Princess Mary is incorrect and false.

Australsk medie skrev om Frederiks helt vilde fødselsdagsgave til Mary: Nu afviser Kongehuset | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

Last edited:
The Daily Fail quoting No Idea? Of course it's an incorrect information, I never doubted that. It would have been a great birthday present though. And Mary's family could have used it too (more so than Mary herself).

I love how Ziggy is such a big part of the CP family. Obviously, they love him very much!! But then who wouldn't love that face!!

What a lovely picture of Ziggy Mary shares with us (love how she shares her own once in a while) :flowers:
Mary is an excellent photograpf, and Ziggy a wonderful dog.

Summary of a pretty flattering article about Mary, whose birthday is around the corner.

Written for BT, by Jens Grund, editor-in-chief in the Berlingske publishing house that honored Mary recently.

Min hyldest til Mary: Jeg frygtede at give hende en skalle | BT Blogs - www.bt.dk

Jens Grund and his wife were among those invited when Berlingske presented Mary with an award and as such he met Mary.

- I'm crazy about Mary.
That's it, I said it. The Crown Princess turns 45 on Sunday. Mary is the greatest gift anyone could give the Danish people.

I was so fortunate that my wife (formal word) and I were invited to the honorary dinner with the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, when the Berlingske Foundation in January honored Mary for her work for exposed and vulnerable groups in the society.

I'd even knotted on a tie on the occasion. So apart from a chronical feeling of suffocation by big concern was whether I in my eagerness to bow - a pretty unusual drill for me - accidentally headbutted Mary on the way down.
I could see the headline before me: Editor-in-chief knocks out the Crown Princess with a leaping headbutt".

The bodyguards probably wouldn't look at such an episode with kind eyes. Fortunately the bow went well, even though it's bleeping difficult to bow and look someone in the eyes at the same time - without straining your back.
I was unfortunately too lost for words to fire off a smart-ass remark like: "Well, how's the devils-spawn in the royal caravan doing"?
Instead I muttered "Your Royal Highness", without sounding like a newsreader from the 1950's.

I didn't stutter much else. I was simply starstruck by meeting Mary. Something I hadn't experienced since I in 1982 got my inner ears sandblasted by Thin Lizzy. In a way two different experiences - but with the same sense of standing before something special.
Because Mary is something special.

Even though she isn't born a princess, she is a genuine princess; wiser and more beautiful than most. When she and the Crown Prince kissed in January 2003 in front of the cameras of the press, I was sold.
I was helplessly lost back when she sat next to the Crown Prince and in Danish explained that it wasn't true when people said she spoke fluent Danish - but that it was important for her to learn it.

I'm basically crazy about the DRF. In my youth at the university it was otherwise good fashion to be a whinging opponent of the monarchy. Yes, of course the DRF have special privileges which a president hasn't. That for example that the regent is not elected by the people, but has it in the blood.
I'm fine with that. In a fairy tale special rules apply - otherwise it's social-realism in a dull grey weekday.

Mary is literally the better half of the Crown Prince. She has found the perfect balance between being folksy and aloof, which define a true royal. The cliche about capturing the hearts of the people is anything but a cliche in the case of Mary.
She hasn't just done a lot good for Denmark, she has also done a lot of good for her consort (here meant teasingly and lovingly). He appear much more relaxed and a lot less awkward that in his youth. I'm certain the Crown Princess has a big part of the honor for the self-confidence which the Crown Prince radiate.
No hooting wonder he's gained self-confidence. As he is future king you can hardly claim that he has scored above his level - yet it seems like the Crown Prince is the lucky one.
We have gotten a Crown Princess about whom we can be proud. She outshines everybody else in the DRF with her natural splendor. Yes, she learned the language a good deal quicker that Prince Henrik, but I've also always been crazy about him as well. A unique, musical and witty person who unfortunately was too vain to accept his place in the royal hierarchy.
Mary never needs to fight for her place. Because all will always see her as equal with the king. We will happily take another 45 years and already now look forward to the 90th birthday on TV.
With a bit of luck I can enjoy it myself from a wheelchair in front of the telly, without worrying about headbutting anyone.

- The article is written with a twinkle in the eye, so some expressions are not translated literally.

Last edited:
:previous:

What a lovely and charming article from BT's editor-in-chief! :)

Happy birthday to Mary tomorrow.

Thank you, Muhler, for translating this article. It was lovely to read.

I loved your twinkling translation:lol: Mange mange tak, Muhler:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Muhler for the translation for this and all other articles.
Frederik and Mary certainly radiate self confidence and happiness.

Crown Princess Mary posts a new beautiful picture on the DRF's Instagram:

"Traditional horse carts drove today through the streets of Copenhagen with the participation of the Royal Mews. Here passes the caravan Amalienborg Palace Square. Photo: HRH the Crown Princess ©"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQGOlCKgulD/?taken-by=detdanskekongehus

It makes it so much more personal that it's Mary who takes the pictures instead of a pro photographer. She should be the royal house's new court fotograf :cool:

:previous::ermm: Well, it was the BB article that made me post it. - Oh well, nice pic anyway. :)

3 charming pictures to celebrate CP Mary's 45 years birthday yesterday :flowers:

"CONGRATULATIONS and happy birthday to Denmark's Crown Princess Mary ❤️

She can today - on February 5 - celebrates her 45th birthday and while Denmark flakes for her, we wish her a lovely birthday.

To the woman that our Crown Prince fell totally in love with - and after 16 years - still not can keep his eyes or hands off. To the woman who with her heartly down-to-earth manner, her dutiful personality and with her genuine heartwarming charisma has taken the Danes by storm from day one.

We are sure Crown Prince Frederik, all four children and Ziggy have ensures birthday songs, gifts and lots of hugs today. Congratulations."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=637679213086165&id=235227816664642

Added:
And over 1000 greetings on the DRF's official Facebook to the very beloved Crown Princess Mary:

https://m.facebook.com/detdanskekon...41828.236903853314870/422838964721357/?type=3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom