Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d think they would at least word it more vaguely rather than flat out lie?

I'm thinking early to mid April...a boy.

LaRae

I definitely think a girl.

I think too that they would already know if there would be twins. Another thing is when it would be announced. When did Frederick and Mary announce expecting twins? Yes, different country but hardly so much different.

It was announced that Frederik and Mary were expecting twins when the pregnancy itself was announced, so they would probably have announced it already if it was twins. I think it's one baby, but twins would be fun!

I would love a little girl, and i do think that Diana will feature in the name somewhere but not be the childs first name. It's just too loaded for such a child.

I don't think the children are going to get titles, so I would love them to be a little bit far out with the name.

I would like to see a little girl.

As for names, English and British Royal male names have been done to death. I would like to see a name from a Scottish King. Apart from James and Charles, there are Robert, Kenneth, Duncan, Donald, Constantine and David. these would be somewhat different, but still Royal. I don't think a boys name would be too way out, but could go for modern traditional, if that makes sense. The Scottish version of James Hamish would be somewhat different. .
For a baby girl, they might be a little more adventurous, but I would not like to see the names Doria and Diana running together in middle names. To me they just don't flow. For a girl, old English royal names like, Eleanor, Cecily, Bridget (from the Plantagenets) are possibilities. Otherwise, vintage or classic names like Sophia, Amelia, Mary, (still Royal but not in popular usage).

My pick Sophia Frances Doria for a girl. For a boy Hamish Philip Harry

Last edited:
Maybe they fuse Doria and Diana to Doriana ?

I would like to see a little girl.

So would Harry apparently. Someone shouted to him “I hope it’s a girl”, and he shouted back “I do too”.

I’m sure he’ll be happy either way, but I might just cry when I see them coming out Lindo wing or whatever hospital they choose if it’s a girl.

Harry and Meghan might be more relaxed with their name choices.

Surprising names for girl/boy twins:

Serena and David
Victoria Daphne and Albert Peter
Rihanna Diana and True Blue
Samantha and Spike
Britt and Scotty

I don't think there's the slightest chance of any of those names...

I am sorry but there is no way they are going to be so relaxed as to go celebrity like prince True. Their kids will one day be hrh when Charles is king.

While I agree they will have and enjoy more freedoms then William, we won't see a princess apple and Prince Banjo any day.

I agree with a poster I would love to see a Scottish name for a change.

Not any chances that H&M will give for their children some ridicoulous and idiotic name like American celebrities do. It will be totally normal name which is used earlier in the royal family. It would be nice that they would give some Scottish royal name.

I remember seeing jokes about "Weasley names" after George's name was announced: Bill, Charlie, George:ROFLMAO:
Well, Louis broke the pattern, but we still have Arthur, Percy, Frederic and Ronald in the bank. And Molly and Ginevra for girl:lol:

OMG, I just remembered, Louis is Weasley name too!!! Bill and Fleur's son is Louis.

Last edited:
I remember seeing jokes about "Weasley names" after George's name was announced: Bill, Charlie, George:ROFLMAO:
Well, Louis broke the pattern, but we still have Arthur, Frederic and Ronald in the bank. And Molly and Ginevra for girl:lol:

OMG, I just remembered, Louis is Weasley name too!!! Bill and Fleur's son is Louis.

Well Molly is a traditional nickname for Mary. We could have a Princess Mary that they refer to as Molly :D

Don't see Ronald. But Prince Arthur or Princess Molly :cool:

Love a little Freddie but not sure we will see it with Freddie Windsor. But then again they reuse names in the family.

There is also Percy for Weasley names but like Ronald not royal enough

Last edited:
Ok, adding other Weasley names to the betting pool: Victoire, Dominique, Lucy, Roxanne, Rose and Hugo.
Also James and Lily. I think, we don't bet on Sirius, Albus, Severus and Luna :lol:

I’m going to guess it’s a girl. The Daily Mail has an article about someone in a crowd shouting out a hope for a girl and Prince Harry replying that he hopes so too. Given that they’re on an official tour, followed by press, Prince Harry has to know that every word he says will be weighed and exhaustively analyzed. He also would probably not want a son to read about that comment in a few years and feel unwanted. And, given her age, they have probably done an amnio test to rule out Down syndrome and any other problems. I think they know it’s a girl. I also think there’s a very strong possibility that she will be called Lady Diana.

If Harry and Meghan decided to keep their children styled as children of a Duke and named their daughter Diana, she would be Lady Diana Mountbatten-Windsor at birth and possibly until she marries should the Sussex children not hold the HRH Prince/ss honorifics.

Maybe they will go for FOUR names, unlike W&C have done for their kids and used only 3.

I still think for a girl they will definitely use "Victoria" as a first name. My combo for a girl is:

Victoria Diana Margaret Elizabeth
(Vic-Doria, obvious reasons, formal form of Meghan+great aunt, obvious reasons)
So everyone is honoured and it's a gorgeous name!

For a boy, they will definitely include Thomas, Charles and perhaps Dorian (for Doria). So deciding on a first name is difficult. I kind of think "Alexander" fits the bill. Pretty ordinary and regal at the same time. The combo would be:

Alexander Charles Thomas Dorian

I think they might use four names because I don't think they will have many children. One maybe two? So this could be their only child, so they will use maximum name in one hit.

If Harry and Meghan decided to keep their children styled as children of a Duke and named their daughter Diana, she would be Lady Diana Mountbatten-Windsor at birth and possibly until she marries should the Sussex children not hold the HRH Prince/ss honorifics.

one, I think its very unlikely that they wont Be HRH's and (2) it would not IMO be a good idea to give the child the first name Diana...

one, I think its very unlikely that they wont Be HRH's and (2) it would not IMO be a good idea to give the child the first name Diana...

I think that Osipi was using this as an example of how a girl would be styled. I also think it's a general consensus (NOTE: not everyone) that Diana as a first name would be too much for any child in this generation to live up. As a second or third name, it's fine. I actually don't think we will see a Diana first name until William and Harry's children begin having their own children.

I seem to fluctuate on girl's names for this child. Another name that I think may be a contender for a daughter that is royal, dates back to Tudor times in Scotland and is relatively unused in today's living British royal family is Margaret.

Lady Margaret Mountbatten-Windsor (should she be styled as a daughter of a Duke) rolls off the tongue easily and there's several shorter forms of Margaret the child could be known as. I love the short form of Maggie. It was my grandmother's name.

I most definitely do *not* want to see a daughter named Diana. Its like putting an albatross around the child's neck from day 1. I think Harry and Meghan know this. The sentiment to honor Harry's mother, if they choose to do so, will be not so blatantly obvious that it'd weigh on the child but done discreetly so as to allow their daughter to have her own, unique identity.

IMO LPs will be filed by QEII prior to the birth so the baby will be HRH princess/prince form birth. I think Charles would want all of his grandchildren to be equally HRH'd since both his sons will make up his "streamlined" future monarchy and be the most senior of royals during Charles's reign (after him and Camilla, obviously).

My predictions: I think it's a girl, will be born on April 4, 2019.

Name: Princess Alice of Sussex (middle name possibilities, a combination of two of: Elizabeth, Frances, Victoria).

If it does happen to be a boy, I think the name will be Prince Charles (to be called Charlie from birth) of Sussex (middle names: Dorian Albert, after Doria and Harry's middle name)

My first guess is Isabella for a girl or Frederick for a boy!

I don't think there's the slightest chance of any of those names...
I do. David, Victoria, Albert, and Peter are royal names are already. But I agree on the others.

For some reason I think this will be a girl and she will be named Victoria. Victoria is a name that is traditional and a bit modern as well. It’s been said that Charles always wanted a daughter and he had “reserved” Victoria for her. It just seems to fit. Maybe Victoria Frances (shock - maybe only 2 names! ). Boys names I think they will go a little more modern Oliver Charles or maybe a little Henry

For a girl of been contemplating and I like the sound of:

Jane Alice Elizabeth or Jane Alice Frances; I think (The) Lady Jane Mountbatten-Windsor rolls off the tongue quite well and while it may be just a bit too similar to Lady Jane Grey since she may eventually become Princess Jane of Sussex I don't think it will be that unlucky for her.

I feel like a boy is always harder to choose for some reason but I've been thinking of the names;

Philip Edward David
or
Edmund Thomas Albert

I do think that the children will remain styled as children of a Duke until Charles ascends, but I'm not really sure what will happen after that.

AnnaNotherThing, I like the idea of FOUR names.
Friedrich Karl II, I agree that it would be nice for a Scottish royal name.
With Scotland in mind, for a boy: Kenneth

Harry did mention for a girl,he likes the name of Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom