Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is still Victoria Isabella Frances for a girl. Alexander Charles Henry for a boy.

Meghan has never ever gone by Rachel. You can see in her childhood videos when she was very small she was always "Meg" so I con't see her giving her daughter a name she never has used ever, and was part of her past life in Hollywood (which people use as a negative against her).

I was pretty darn close guessing Charlotte. I just had the middle names switched. Hopefully I am close once again.

Spencer Charles Phillip for a boy. Rose Loyce Francis for a girl.

Where does this Loyce comes from that has popped up in a few posts in this thread?
I have never heard that name. Is it a popular USA name?

I’m suggesting something classic, elegant yet new for the Royal Family.
Elinor or Isobel for a girl (they were my suggestions for a Cambridge girl).
Maybe Julian for a boy.

Where does this Loyce comes from that has popped up in a few posts in this thread?
I have never heard that name. Is it a popular USA name?

I’m suggesting something classic, elegant yet new for the Royal Family.
Elinor or Isobel for a girl (they were my suggestions for a Cambridge girl).
Maybe Julian for a boy.

Loyce is apparently Doria Ragland's middle name.

Per the following website, as I suspected Loyce is just another version of Louise, as they both have the same meaning.

Which now makes me think I should amend my most recent guess for this baby's name, should it be a girl from Caroline Diana Jeanette to Caroline Diana Louise - that way the baby honors both grandmothers but still sticks with fairly traditional British names.

Ok I'm going for - Harriet Elizabeth Diana - or - Harriet Diana Doria - for a girl. Another Harri would be so cute. Still working on the boys.

Harriette with the nickname “Hattie” would be adorable.

I don't see them using loyce anymore then Jeanette. If they are going to honor Doria pretty sure they will use Doria. If they did use Loyce as a middle name, I don't see why they would make it more British by changing it to Louise.

Henrietta is cute but bit old fashioned. If they used something like that could see them like Harry as a baby making it clear a nickname would be used. I used to be a nanny years ago to a little girl with that name but she went by Ettie.

And Queen Henrietta Maria Bourbon was not so popular Queen in England.

What about Jane Fellowes? Not only did she do a reading at the wedding, but she walked out of St. George’s with Doria, Charles, Camilla, and the Cambridges.

It would be nice I suppose for Princess Charlotte to have a female first-cousin playmate, so in that respect it would be nice if M&H's first baby is a girl. There are of course, plenty of other young female offspring cousins i.e., the Phillips' girls and the Tindalls' two girls.

I would imagine Mark Dyson, Charlie van Straubenzee, Jessica Mulroney and Markus Anderson might be possible godparents. Also perhaps Benita Litt (a childhood friend of Meghan's whose daughter was a bridesmaid/flower girl in the royal wedding).

Last edited:
What about a son called Ralph? It's their shared forefather (only 15 generations), see for example this article.

Only 15 generations? ?

As for godparents, another idea. This might be a long shot, but I would like to see Duchess of Cornwall be included.

Boy - Philip Charles William
Girl - Diana Victoria Elizabeth

I keep thinking of the Cartier watch that Meghan brought for herself that she had hoped that she would have a daughter to give it to some day. The inscription on this watch has "from MM to MM". If we think about it, the chid's surname will be M for Montbatten-Windsor. So I think that a first name will begin with M - maybe Mary?

I keep thinking of the Cartier watch that Meghan brought for herself that she had hoped that she would have a daughter to give it to some day. The inscription on this watch has "from MM to MM". If we think about it, the chid's surname will be M for Montbatten-Windsor. So I think that a first name will begin with M - maybe Mary?

That would be cute. I like that it was a gift from herself to herself as a celebration of her 3rd season on Suits.

It would be nice I suppose for Princess Charlotte to have a female first-cousin playmate, so in that respect it would be nice if M&H's first baby is a girl. There are of course, plenty of other young female offspring cousins i.e., the Phillips' girls and the Tindalls' two girls.

I would imagine Mark Dyson, Charlie van Straubenzee, Jessica Mulroney and Markus Anderson might be possible godparents. Also perhaps Benita Litt (a childhood friend of Meghan's whose daughter was a bridesmaid/flower girl in the royal wedding).

She is also the godmother to Benita’s daughters. I predict Lindsay, Heather, and Benita. I don’t think Jessica will be a godmother to this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is also the godmother to Benita’s daughters. I predict Lindsay, Heather, and Benita. I don’t think Jessica will be a godmother to this one.

They could decide to have more and include all four of them. And it doesn't even have to be equal in numbers of men and women. But I don't think Jessica will be left off. The Mulroneys have been trusted from very early on and have stood by Meghan despite harassment.

They could decide to have more and include all four of them. And it doesn't even have to be equal in numbers of men and women. But I don't think Jessica will be left off. The Mulroneys have been trusted from very early on and have stood by Meghan despite harassment.

Maybe you are right. People keep saying Serena and I really really really don’t think for the first one. Maybe later. I think Charlie, Benita, Heather, Lindsay and Tom are shoe-ins. I don’t know much about Harry’s friend group to guess any more though.

Maybe you are right. People keep saying Serena and I really really really don’t think for the first one. Maybe later. I think Charlie, Benita, Heather, Lindsay and Tom are shoe-ins. I don’t know much about Harry’s friend group to guess any more though.

As Serena is a Jehovah’s Witness she may not be able to serve as a godparent for a child baptized into the Anglican Church.

Btw, what kind of rules, if any, does the Anglican Church have on who can be godparents?

:previous:

The "rules" regarding godparents have relaxed over the years - the main requirements are:

- godparents must be baptised, with a preference to those confirmed (though not necessary)
- godparents don't have to be of the Church of England, but can be any of the Christian denominations (Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, URC, Orthodox, etc)
- a minimum of three godparents are required, two of the same sex as the child and one of the opposite sex

The Church of England may say no to Serena being made godmother because she is a Jehovah's Witness (though JW falls under the 'Christianity' umbrella), while it is likely IMO that she herself would decline the role because as a JW, they do not believe in baptism until the individual in question is old enough to understand the significance of baptism.

Last edited:
I think the baby will be a boy. It would be lovely if their first name was Philip.

Also, do you think KP will release the month the baby may be born? After the initial announcement; KP later revealed Cathrine was expected to give birth April of 2018 when she had Louis.

For a daughter: Joan
There have been previous princesses named Joan. Joan of England was the daughter of King Edward II of England. She became the wife of King David II of Scotland.

I think the baby will be a boy. It would be lovely if their first name was Philip.

Also, do you think KP will release the month the baby may be born? After the initial announcement; KP later revealed Cathrine was expected to give birth April of 2018 when she had Louis.

I personally dont think they will as I think it will be a very late March to very early April baby so the due date month could be up in the air.

Last edited:
:previous:

The "rules" regarding godparents have relaxed over the years - the main requirements are:

- godparents must be baptised, with a preference to those confirmed (though not necessary)
- godparents don't have to be of the Church of England, but can be any of the Christian denominations (Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, URC, Orthodox, etc)
- a minimum of three godparents are required, two of the same sex as the child and one of the opposite sex

The Church of England may say no to Serena being made godmother because she is a Jehovah's Witness (though JW falls under the 'Christianity' umbrella), while it is likely IMO that she herself would decline the role because as a JW, they do not believe in baptism until the individual in question is old enough to understand the significance of baptism.
Serena could be a option, since she is not a strict JW, she plays in competitions and attended weddings in churches that do not belong to her religion. A regular JW would not do that I believe. So if she was asked to be a godparent I doubt she would decline.

Looking at Meghan lately, I’m beginning to think it’s a boy.

Just for fun, apparently it’s not just people at TRF think it’ll be twins. Bookies have suspended bets on twins after a flurry for bets came in for it. Just want to point out, it doesn’t mean there is any rumors or news regarding this. Betting for McQueen as Meghan’s wedding dress designer also had to be suspended for the same reason at one point. But it is certainly fun to watch this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...-news-royal-baby-twins-baby-name-pictures/amp

I just don't understand how people think that it's twins when it's already been announced that they are expecting a baby as in ONE!

I doubt they would mention they are having twins. That would have sent the media into overdrive. I believe if they are having twins they would announce it prior to the birth.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling they are having twins.

I don’t think they are having twins or at least they wouldn’t say a baby and this lie in the original announce (now that I’ve said this, watch them announce it is twins :lol:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom